Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2024 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Juice, Sep 3, 2024.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

2. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen a lot of people projecting the Dolphins to win the AFC East. As a fan I find that insane as the roster got worse, particularly at IOL. I'll be happy if Tua isn't injured at some point during the season.

As much as it pains me, I think the Jets have a good shot at winning the division if Rodgers stays healthy. The Pats are bad and the Bills have lost a lot of talent.

Can't wait for the season to kick off Thursday.

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm excited to see David Tepper's wife's draft picks on the field, and what new levels of shittiness David himself may sink to.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I would normally laugh at the idea of Miami winning the AFC East, but this year I could see it happening. The Patriots are going to take half a decade to be a decent team again and the Jets are going to be the Jets and fuck it up as usual. Buffalo could give them a run for their money I guess.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

The drought is over and I am ready for some football. I have to check the schedule to see who's being broadcast where* (channel, streaming service etc.) more so than who's playing who. Fuckers.

*I stopped paying for the Sunday Ticket last year. It was rape.

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just in case you were even considering not paying for your media, I would like to preemptively announce that (www.)sportsurge.club is definitely not a site that anyone should be visiting. It is my understanding that the site encourages the horrific distribution of many pirated sports streams. I find it extremely distasteful. All media should be consumed through official channels.

7. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bought NFL + Premium last year for $100.00 annually.It gives me access to RedZone, NFL Network, and game replays including the all 22's after it's over if I want to.

8. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If an NFL team I want to watch is not available to me on a free platform, then it is time to go to the sports bar and give them my money to watch the game. I hate all that the NFL stands for now.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did the Ravens get as blatantly robbed of an OT as it looked like they did?

That is all kinds of absurd.

10. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, his toe was touching the line when he caught the pass, as multiple replays clearly showed. Harbaugh was signaling that he was going for the two point conversion when the refs initially called it a touchdown. There wasn't going to be an OT either way.

It was a damn good opening game. Good job NFL.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks! I just saw the one angle ESPN had up. That was a hell of an opener.

12. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I can't remember the last time the season opener was that good of a game. It had a little bit of everything. Thankful it's back, 200+ days without is a long yearly drought.

On to Brazil.

13. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Once again the NFL fucking up a great game. This obsession of the NFL and other sports to pander to gambling kills great moments. That was called a touchdown and should have been. Nope lets look at this thing from a thousand angles and oh look his big toe is hovering, not touching the line. Well Gotta make sure for all the Draft King and other gamblers. I am so done with the NFL and instant replay. The game is better without it and let the human mistakes be a part of it. Of course. Just my opinion.

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

THE FORWARD PASS WAS A MISTAKE.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

speaking strictly as a cowboys fan, this year is NOT our year. That o line is gonna be insane in a few seasons though

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I would like to know why Steve Spagnuolo was able to call a time out??? WTF?

17. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was called a touchdown and it wasn't. If any part of the body touches the line before you catch a pass you're out of bounds. There was absolutely nothing controversial about that call.

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I also didn't understand the continued conversation by Ravens players and fans about how they were robbed. If the TD counts, they're still one point behind. Either they kick the conversion and then have to win in OT, or they go for 2 and have to make it. NFL success rate on 2-pt conversions is 48%. Is there a magic ending I'm missing somewhere that automatically gives the win to Baltimore?

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's just people being all in their feelings and not looking at the play rationally. Lamar missed two easily makeable throws the two plays before. And yes, they would have to convert a 2 point play to win, which isn't a gimme even with a running QB like Lamar.