Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] DOUGHNUT DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 7, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy doughnut day to you all! We have a new shop that just opened last week in town and I think I will pick up a dozen in the morning. We have been without a good doughnut for too long.

I want to make an announcement. I tried that cava with a friend and it was the worst thing either of us had drank in a long time. We mixed it with a bunch of other stuff to make it palatable and just dumped the rest of the bottle. Two thumbs down.

Happy Friday ye idiots! It's getting hot out there. Be sure to hydrate and find shade in the worst of the sun.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, the memes and what not from the US team beating Pakistan in cricket is just gold. lol

Meanwhile, NYY vs Boston Red Sox on a high school dimensions field in England, and Caitlin Clark draining 3's in an upgrades arena because Mystics sold an extra 16K tickets.

Sports!

ETA: Oh, and Stanley Cup Final starts tomorrow, in Miami. Florida. (And, by facing Edmonton, it's the farthest mileage between finals cities, ever.)

#2 Rush-O-Matic, Jun 7, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
  3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We have a local bakery that makes donuts, run by some very nice women. They just aren't that great at baking or donuts. All their deserts look like stuff I could make from boxed baking mixes from the grocery store.

I've been to some amazing bakeries in my lifetime, and this place is just disappointing, every time. Not horrible or disgusting, nothing like that. It's just never great, always feels like a waste of time and calories, never satisfying. There are some places that I would drive hours to get some of their cakes, pastries or donuts. Places that I never pass by without stopping in for something, and I wish our town had a bakery like that.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today is the 17th(!) anniversary of my dad passing. My brother and I always hang out and do something is reminisce of him. This year we're going camping. Temps will be in the high 70's and the campsite is right on the lake. Bound to be a great weekend.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I’m still doing landscaping this weekend in between rain showers and playing with the dog.

It’s amazing how quickly you can get behind on that stuff and how much work it can be to dig yourself out of that hole.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Had a great week this week, culminated in a follow-up with my cardiologist.

It went incredibly well. The CPAP has now made a measurable change in my quality of life. The testing and bloodwork I did has now resulted in being dropped from a bunch of meds, with a reduction in dosage for a few of the remaining. Sleeping well at night, with the sleep apnea handled, and made a huge difference.

Can't suggest enough for people to go and get a sleep study done and see if you have any issues!

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Last night was a rough night. Kiddo was spiking a fever up to 103 point something and threw up a couple times. Fever is still 103 this morning and we are slated for a lot of TV and cuddles today.

We did not get doughnuts this morning. They are probably sold out already. Blast it all!

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Back home we had several Krispy Kremes, including a location a block from my house that had the whole open factory conveyor belt thing you could watch. We also had a local place a mere 2 blocks from my house called Sugar Rush and it was just out of this world. And in SoCal where hubs is from, they have a fuckton of Yum Yum donuts shops, all independently owned and operated, but all so fucking good.

Around here, there was a donut shop in the next town up 30mi away. They make good cake donuts, like maple bars and stuff, but their standard glazed, tiger twists, apple fritters were average.

The pics online of the new spot in town look good. And they are getting a ton of business and selling out early every day so I sure hope they are successful and stick around with a good product, and don't slide.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Donut place by one my old jobs had apple fritters the size of a dinner plate and holy hell were they amazing. I am completely underwhelmed by Kripsy Kreme.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Mrsanthropic are currently eating and of course drinking at the 8th Anniversary celebration of a local craft brewery. Beautiful weather today, a great day to be outside drinking beer.

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a place I've visited a few times in Seattle called The Flour Box. They make brioche donuts that are absolutely out of this world. I've eaten donuts all over the country and have never had anything even close to those.

Visited my dad this morning and found a friend...
    Z72_6160_1.jpg

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That’s a pretty healthy looking bear for so early in the year.

13. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nursing female if you look closely - and yes, she seems to be eating well.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't consider myself a foodie kind of person, except for deserts/sweet breakfast foods. If I'm eating something that is obviously horrible for my health and a ton of empty calories and sugar, I want the best I can find. And I'm willing to go out of my way and pay top dollar for greatness.

Like that craft milkshake place I mentioned, that just opened. Sure, it's nearly $20 for a milkshake, but they are many levels above anything else within a reasonable drive from home.

I love a place that steps things up and puts out sweets that are rich, delicious and attractive. And our donut place, ain't doing that.

Screenshot_20240608_212339_Google.jpg

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They don’t put bourbon in that or nothing?

Seriously do you actually use a straw on that or just eat it like a flurry?

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think they add booze to shakes, but that's not something I would do.

You need a straw, fork, spoon, knife, spork and and a bib to eat them.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is a yacht docked in Harbor Town at Hilton Head, SC named Genesis. It has a large excursion boat(?) dinghy(?) tied behind it named Exodus. And, the U in Exodus is painted like a ' above a J, where the J is a fish hook.

It's all pretty cool and funny. It's docked in the middle slip so can't get to close. Usually, you can Google who owns these big ones, but this one appears shrouded in mystery.

The back side of the 18th Green near the harbor where they have the PGA event that follows right after the Masters was a great spot to take sunset pics last night. (The harbor / Cay offers westward views, even though it's east coast.)

A handful of people were settled on the grass enjoying the sunset, including a family all spread out on a blanket . . . and, man, when that giant sprinkler kicked on? Now that was comedy.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Server keeps telling me my pic is too large - I'll try again when I'm not on mobile.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

We were docked at a marina one year and there was this massive yacht there. It was a nice part of Florida, if you knew about it. One of the islands completely removed from earth by Hurricane Ian. Point being, it was one of those areas where sometimes you could google the name and interesting things came up.

Turns out the yacht in question was owned by Tiger Woods. And we were there around the very end of 2009.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rained out of gold today. Bummer. I could technically still play since there's no lightning, but I'm okay not being miserable for 4 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.