Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] SUMMER SOLSTICE [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jun 22, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Summer is in full swing and 6/20 was the longest day of the year. We have daylight here from like 4:30am to 9:30pm, and I wouldn't say I'm manic, but I sure do stay busier and faster this time of year. I see @Nettdata into the gardens with Zoe, and @walt has been cultivating a wildflower patch. Anyone else with summertime projects?

I'm looking forward to all the little summer festivals coming up in the next months. Today me and the fam went to a parade and festival. My kid collected half a shopping tote's worth of candy. Thanks kiddo!

Happy Saturday to you all. Stay cool.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, the flower stuff I’m doing is mostly just fertilizing. The front lawn was the big project, and the insane amounts of mulch I’m still spreading around.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was supposed to redo my parents' bathrooms, but it's been almost a year since they proposed this work and they have yet to make any movement on what they actually want done, so I suspect nothing will come of it this summer either.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@Rush-O-Matic

Quick, Google maps street view 324 front st barnum Iowa

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today was a marathon today in 90+ degree heat to get the mowing done. I started at around 10am and worked through the day, pausing to drink water and a shake for lunch. No time to sit down to eat.

Im getting close to being done, watching the clock because my wife’s parents are coming for dinner. I need to get a shower before they arrive.

Then the power goes out.

Okay, I’ll get a little more work done. By the time I’m wrapping up I am dripping with sweat, praying for the power to come back on so I can get that shower.

Then I hear a loud crash from the road, followed by immediate screaming. Kids screaming… mother fucker.

I run to the house to call 911, my son is running out to check on me, so I tell him to call. My wife just pulled in the driveway, and she and I run across the yard to the crash. She’s got 20+ years as an emergency room nurse, teaches trauma stuff, and I’m a former paramedic. I see a kid bleeding, but I’m looking for the kid that’s worse off, because there’s people everywhere and I just know theres a dead or dying kid here. So she handles that while I figure out who else is hurt and how bad. Fortunately all but that one kid is just fine.

Long story short, the cavalry arrives and while everyone seemed relatively okay, it’s a complete mess so the road is closed off for hours for the investigation. Allegedly one of the drivers took a bad turn after, but I don’t know that for sure. Meanwhile my in-laws were stuck up the road, so they visited my parents for a while until they could get here.

One of the few medics on scene who still knows me asked if I missed it. “Fuck no,” I told him. I was fucking rattled, mostly by the kids’ screaming. A lot of alcohol was consumed in a short time after.

It’s been 20 years since I left EMS, and, while once upon a time I would saunter into and handle a situation like that no problem. That part of me, that skill set and ability, which I thought was still there, seems to be no more. And that bugs the shit out of me right now.

I have issues from the shit I’ve seen and done as it is, I guess we’ll just add this to the list. I don’t know, I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to build a duck blind at our pound. Been saving it the last two years. I actually got my tarpon before the 4th but this heatwave is brutal taking down my tomatoes. Need to get some more shade cloth.

Wear your sunscreen !

[​IMG]

7. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

9. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good point.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haha, good on her!

The dude up on the porch is hilarious, too.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happy whatever day it is, idiots.

Attached Files:

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The toilets in the UK are just the dumbest. What's with the rectangle seat? It's impossible to do a courtesy flush with the flush behind the lid but the most asinine feature is the water level. It's not a water saving feature as the toilet uses a metric ton of water when you flush it. Either these people have magic asses that drop the bomb perfectly into the hole or they like sitting in their own stench

Attached Files:

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Why is a moron from Oklahoma who was dumb enough to pack ammo in his travel luggage being treated like he’s a POW?

He’s a fucking moron. Treat him that way.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still not as dumb as the "poop shelf" toilet.

In other news, JJ and I had a flying cockroach incident at 5 AM today.

This problem was exacerbated by the fact that we have black floor-to-ceiling curtains that kept allowing it to hide.

That woman has a sixth sense about roaches; she just snapped awake, saying that she heard something.
    I just wanted to go back to sleep, but she insisted, and she was right.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@dixiebandit69 that reminds me of getting bit in the face by a roach while I slept. Wish I had a 6th sense about roaches that day.

Can anyone tell me what deer are doing this time of year? I have seen more roadkill and live ones grazing by the interstate these last couple weeks than ever before.

17. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's hot out and at least around here been dry. They're looking for food/water in areas that are unfamiliar to them.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That makes sense.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Same way up here. We only have white tail here but I’ve never had so many close calls driving over a one-month period. And at car-heavy times of day, which they usually hate. And we’ve been having legit heatwaves.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Wellllll sitting at your market table in 100F weather is a fine time to discover that your lotion bars get a little sweaty at this temp. I'm glad to learn that at this little market and not a big event, I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.