Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/10/14 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Deland.

Is that how you spell it? Deland was nice and I liked everyone there. Lots of old Canadians running out the clock, but the whole town seemed like a giant resort. However I have also toured Miami and W-O-W. You need eight coins in the pressure wand to wash off the sleaze.

2. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I figured even you Canucks were smart enough to know not to bring a cell phone to a gun fight?

Seriously though, sad day. A typical self-centered jackass on his cell phone in a movie theater....too proud to be told anything. Had to be right, had to argue about it, now he's dead right. Leaves behind a wife and from what I hear kids as well. Idiot.

Beyond that, not sure what the rest of the details are but sounds like the retired cop might have overreacted and will live out there rest of his days in prison. Tragedy all around.

3. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Was the Cross a gift? Fancy.

I like all body types.

4. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I reading this right? You're saying it's mostly the cell phone guy's own fault... but the murderer might have also been sort of in the wrong?

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As if Shiri Appleby wasn't gorgeous enough as is, putting her in a coffeeshop next to a bloated, crazy looking Amy Shumer and an even more butch Leah Dunham just isn't fair. At least Girls tossed me a bone with that one.

6. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm really god damn angry at myself for not watching Orange Is The New Black or House of Cards until now.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I had to read a couple times because I couldn't believe my own eyes.

8. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No. They were both wrong. The facts established in the media do not tell us how the altercation went down. What precipitated the altercation, based on what is reported, rests squarely on the departed's shoulders.

What I am saying is the whole thing is a tragedy that could have easily been avoided. The dead guy could have followed the rules first, he could have listened to the other patron's request to stop using his cell phone second, he could have not argued or confronted the shooter about talking to management third.........That's as far as the facts take us at this point.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Um, no. No. Nononono. The fuckstick who carried a gun and allowed a situation to escalate to pulling it out is the only one in this scenario that deserves the blame.

I hate assholes as much as the next guy. I hate assholes on cell phones probably more than the next guy. But the shitstain who had experience carrying a weapon, and experience dealing with assholes while carrying, was the only person who could escalate that situation to a shooting. Hopefully he'll spend some time getting his rectum expanded while he rots in jail.

10. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think I've ever seen a movie theater that doesn't have one of those "no firearms" stickers on all of the entryways.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Do you guys really have those? We have the "no colours" rule at strip bars but that's about it.

12. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The what rule? Since you're in Canada and not, say, Australia, I'll go ahead and assume that's not some sort of weird racist thing. Gang related?

13. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rep's over 10K. Watch your back, Crown. I'm coming for your title. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I watched a small Asian man and a old Russian couple have a heated argument yesterday about water resistant watches. It was funnier than you'd think. Neither side spoke English very well, both sides were angry as hell at each other and neither side could properly say Bulova.

"Gang" related. There's also sometimes a "no women allowed in without male accompaniment" rule. Which is bullshit.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

"Colours" refer to a biker's "cut" or gang vest. They are not to be worn in strip clubs, but since they're all owned by Hells or The Outlaws it's bullshit and ignored anyway.

Angel quit trying to trump my precious, precious self-esteem points it's all I have!

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All of your posts are funnier if you read your signature as if it was the last line in your post.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, he is the ultimate asshole. Yes self-centered people with cell phones are douchebags but pulling your gun (the one you've responsible for and have been trained to use) and killing someone because of it ain't in the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league- it ain't even the same fuckin' sport.

17. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

That line was even funnier when I heard someone actually say it to me.

Gentlemen (and ladies), do you discuss your sex life with your coworkers?

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does this include stupid stories from last weekend and just making fun of each other?

19. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never. Even when I was in fairly standard exclusive relationships I didn't talk about that sort of thing at work. Always seemed kind of weird to tell a coworker about who I was sleeping with and what happened.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since my work is worse than a high school sewing circle, hell and no. My first assistant was actually pretty open with me about hers, since I had very little sex life at the time I couldn't share current details more just historic proclivities. She wasn't a gossip queen and kept to herself on breaks and such. I hooked up with my next assistant and it was agreed that we say absolutely nothing to nobody. We once went to lunch on break and a few days later a girl that didn't even work at my job anymore texted me asking if I was dating anyone. I am sure one of our managers heard us talking about getting lunch and the gossip mill started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.