Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/10/14 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Were you naked holding cats over your genitals? I'm really hoping not.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No, just me and my movie theatre screen-sized buck teeth. I was no doubt wearing either a Beaver Canoe or Hypercolour shirt in it.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Absinthe is officially the devil. An awesome-tasting devil. But a devil nonetheless.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

This probably has something to do with my current desire to see if I can break my nose with my hand. I've broken it 8 times before (at least that I can count, with x-rays; so probably more bc xrays are expensive and now I only go to the dr if it fucks up my breathing, which happens 50/50). Pain isn't really a problem because my tolerance is so high -- 9 broken bones, excluding the multiple times with my nose -- so it's more a curiosity at this point.

Currently, I can take the tip of my nose and bend it to make it touch my eyeball.... Wonder if I can make it touch my eyebrow?

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

X-rays aren't expensive, x-ray techs and the doctors who look at them are.

Sounds like you're having a dam good night. Its a shame when I was in Prague I never drank absinthe. Btw, Prague is a crappy city. Of all the places I visited (and I saw quite a few), I was really on edge there. Felt like I was being eyed up the entire time.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Note to self: If you have ptsd, Mind Hunter is the worst book ever to read.

If you're "normal," however, the book is downright fascinating.

I was on Xanax for a long time because of PTSD and anxiety. Then I got smart, and realized it was a bitch to get off of, so I got off of it early (still had heart palpitations and crap though; word from the wise: never do benzos ever, even if prescribed).

Absinthe is like Xanax, minus the crazy heart attack heart beat.

8. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you have not watched Blackfish, you should do that immediately.

Holy shit.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I support this statement. I'm always down for "what's the other side of the story?" but Sea World refused to comment or participate in the "Blackfish" documentary. Only now is Sea World offering semi-official opinions on it, and even then it's still combative saying CNN never interviewed them and everything; well, they tried, and got the door shut on them.

I'm not a hippie. I believe animals exist to be eaten, and that we are the dominant species so therefore we eat them. However, what Sea World is doing is wrong. Morally, it's just wrong.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My wife and I were at SeaWorld two yeas ago and took the "backstage" private tour and JESUS it took only about four hours before I finally got the tour guide to admit a Killer Whale grabbed a girl's hair and drowned her. They dance and dance and DANCE around it, doing everything they can to steer away from it. They don't let trainers swim with Orcas anymore but... They're called KILLER whales. Next to Great Whites they may be the deadliest hunter in the sea.

11. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hunt, fish and eat all the red meat I can afford but what I took away from that film are 2 things.

Sea World is morally corrupt and why, why the FUCK would any sane person ever get into a pool with an Orca? Seriously?

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was on Klonopin for a while because of panic disorder. Benzos in the short term work great, but they have horrendous withdrawal effects. I remember when I was going off klonopin I remember thinking that this one car was tailing me because it was behind me for about 5 minutes on a busy road. Fortunately I never took a high dose. Benzo's are best used for a very short while, the tolerance people develop and the increasing dosage required because of that make them kind of insidious. Benzo withdrawal is directly comparable to alcoholics going off booze.

However, beer works great almost always. Kind of reminds me why the airport bar is always open and there's always people there, and why its acceptable to drink at the airport even at noon on a Monday.

Btw, Seaworld bad sure, but high kill animal shelters are way worse.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

People do not seem to realize how big and powerful an Orca is. We're not talking the weight of a horse. It's the weight of 10+ horses that can fucking jump two stories out of the water and shred a walrus. People laugh at the dipshits who run with the bulls, trying running with an animal eight times bigger and stronger, in the water; which they are made for and we aren't.

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I don't follow hockey very closely so this whole debacle seems ridiculous to me. Did some shit go down in a previous Vancouver-Calgary game that didn't get resolved? Why are all the players on both teams brawling with each other?

#634 Trakiel, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to mention ridiculously intelligent. I haven't seen Blackfish, but reading some of the articles related to it, some of those attacks were almost vindictive in nature. This isn't a lion or tiger that is "tamed" and has a movement that stimulates an instinct and it attacks. These were stir crazy and aggravated animals that took it out on the trainers. Toyed with them before finally drowning them. Ridiculous stuff.

Disagree. It's a fucking joke. I don't like the Canucks, though I do like Tortorella, but that was bush league shit from Calgary. The Flames are playing like shit, so their coach decided to start some shit. He put his fighting line, his good squad, out for his opening line, clearly implying what was going to happen. Flames coach didn't even have the decency to own up to it, saying that line had been playing well and he was just looking for some production. What a douche.

#635 JWags, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Torts is the ultimate douche, he throws players under the bus publicly, demands his best players risk getting hurt by shot blocking, has a stagnant offense that hasn't worked for five years and is one of the biggest assholes ever. He coaches by bullying and demeaning his players. Problem is, players in the modern game know they're more important than the coach, so they don't tolerate that.

Look at the Rangers, he very publicly got chased out of there.

So to get back on topic, heres a hot girl with glasses on.

[​IMG]

17. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't drink beer anymore. Just gets me so dehydrated. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! I'm going to the doctor to ask him why I can sit there and drink 13 beers without falling asleep. With a little luck he will tell me my body needs bourbon to function properly at a bar. Medical science. It is on my side.

Also here's a girl with glasses:

[​IMG]

18. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got a bunch of soju and I'm having a Korea throwback night in Germany with people who've never drank it before. It's gonna be a shitty night for a lot of people.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I am lucky that my family members are so awesome and in a position to help. Tomorrow I am driving to Houston to pick up my sister's car, which she's giving me. There's nothing wrong with it, it is just a little old, her husband just got a god awful bonus and they bought a Cadillac. Woo!

I want to get them something to show my appreciation but can't think of anything...he doesn't drink and they have everything.

20. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

No one else noticed she (he?) is about to take her brother's head off with that bat?

We have people that come in that are on Xanax, Klonopin and Ambien, plus some other mood altering drugs. They can barely talk. I have no idea how they function in society.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.