Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/10/14 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, thats me to a t. I order the same thing though because I have a weird food anxiety. I want to know what I'm getting and trust it, weird I know. For example, when I go to Larkburger, I get a plain larkburger with American and bacon every dam time. I always get carnitas at Chipotle. Barabacoa? Fuck that shit. Chicken? Possibly if I'm feeling a little crazy. The other day I was at a new trendy restaurant and got random fried chicken bits by accident (I thought I was ordering glorified chicken fingers). There was fried livers, cauliflower, chicken oysters, yea, I was unhappy.

However with beer and liquor though I'm always trying new things.

2. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I order the same thing at Chipotle every time I go there but only because I have tried every single combination of things that I could possible enjoy. There is no point in my ordering of something else there when I already know what the best thing on the menu is. Double steak, fajitas, half mild and half hot, corn, cheese, sour cream, and lettuce in a bowl. If you are eating there make sure to get an aluminum lid so you can properly shake and mix your meal and then go to town. That said, the only Chipotle in this country is two hours away and from what I've heard it isn't that good and it's the equivalent of $15 for a burrito so fuck that.

I'm basically the exact opposite of you though. When eating out I never eat the same thing twice until I try everything on the menu excluding the things I know I dislike off the bat. After I've tried everything on the menu I'll eat my favorite thing one last time and then I usually stick to that. I only eat out like 2 times per week though, my tastes at home are much more bland because I don't want to take the time to make crazy fancy meals.

3. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Double post but fuck it.

I'm pretty slow to try new liquors. Beer I always try new things. I have one friend who gets the same exact beer everywhere we go, and if they don't have that beer he orders the exact same fucking soft drink. It's a good beer, but not THAT good.

4. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I stick with Johnny Black for liquor. But with beer, I have a couple of shops nearby that let you mix and match a sixpack, which means I'm constantly trying new beers.

As a side thought, they are remaking RoboCop.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beer is a low risk, high reward thing to experiment with. There are very few awful craft beers out there, and its always fun finding a new one you like. Last night I had Dogfish Head IBA, didn't like it, but it was fun trying something new.

There is only one beer type I won't touch, and thats sours. Beer shouldn't taste like sour candy.

6. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just found a pretty good beer by random chance, Pranqster Belgian Style Golden Ale. It is a slightly darker, slightly bitter beer with a hint of cinnamon. I just finished my third one tonight.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds like a good beer. I'm drinking HopHead Red.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Vodka, club, lemon. Can't go wrong with that, and only way to screw it up is if you put too much soda and not enough vodka in it.

9. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm enjoying experimenting with different pale ales at the moment. I haven't really encountered a bad pale ale as of yet, but there have been a couple of standouts.

Life's tough.

10. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not a big fan of the pale ales, something about the smacky-ness and extreme hops that turns me off to it. I'm more of a red, brown ale kinda guy.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So beers I won't touch, even if offered or given? Busch anything, Molson XXX, and anything Milwaukees Best. Those and anything sour.

12. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I disagree. I love sours but to each their own.

Sierra Nevada and Dale's Pale Ale are two of the measuring sticks in my mind for pale ales.

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dales is great, so is Sierra Nevada. I think my favorite IPA may be Racer 5 or Avery. In terms of the most highly regarded IPA thats definitely Pliney the Elder. I've had it before a couple times, its good, but I didn't see Jesus when I had it.

I'm confident we have better beer over here than Europe. If nothing else because of the sheer variety available and the competition in the craft market.

14. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My brother's father-in-law. He has his go-to restaurants depending on what he wants. If he's in the mood for a steak, we're going to one specific restaurant where he orders the exact steak every time. Italian is another restaurant and another meal; seafood another, etc. He has a specific diner for breakfast. There's no "Hey this new restaurant opened" or "I heard <Restaurant X> has a great steak, want to try it?" Always the same restaurants and the same meals.

15. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dale's Pale is so good there's barely a reason to drink any other. However, nobody is making wheat varieties like Ayinger in German. America may have more variety, and overall we do have better beer, but if you want a traditional beer according to style, Germany or Belgium has what you need. I can't emphasize just how good Ayinger is. Aying is a small town of approximately 4,000 people who have in their backyard the best brewery in Europe. They do amazing, fresh wheats and their yeast strain (no doubt originating there in the natural environment) is one of the most unique I've ever tasted. Nobody over here can do what they do.

We make some bitchin' Belgian styles here, but there are many in Belgium that cannot be beaten. They've been doing it for 200 years.

But a stout? IPA? Pale? Forget it. There are only a handful of joints that can make those styles overseas. Mikeller and Olfabrikken from Denmark. Maybe Nogne in Norway.

I love IPAs, but I can drink Ayinger all day every day without my tongue exploding. Fuck, my lips are smacking.

[​IMG]

16. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The father of one of my co-workers eats the exact same thing every day unless he's on vacation and even then, he only eats american fast food, i.e., McDonald's, Subway, etc. Every day he eats oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, a sandwich and cottage cheese for lunch, and one of a couple things for dinner. According to my co-worker, her dad says that he just knows what he likes and that if he likes it, then there's no reason to try anything else.

This is the craziest and most absurd thing I've ever heard. His life must be insanely boring.

17. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shows what you know. He needs the normalcy, the routine, after spending his nights flogging a weepy, young ingenue he kidnapped from Juliard in his soundproofed garage/torture chamber. This is also why he never goes to the beach, lest people see where the clamps bit into his nipples.

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Obviously the best belgian style beers are in Belgium. Another thing though, its hard to get a good Helles Lager out here. You have to get a German beer to get a decent one. Also, the Germans do have great Weissbiers. I remember having the Augustiner weissbier in Munich, awesome.

[​IMG]

19. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't been around in a while but hey y'all!

20. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Went 6 days without jerking off. Worst idea ever. I don't wish that craziness on anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.