Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/10/14 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A couple of weeks ago I received a voice mail from a coworker in a different office asking me to send her something. Her last name rhymes with Wang, and when I listened to the message, that's what I thought she said.

I only realized my mistake when I went to a coworker and told him I was searching for Wang but couldn't find any.

2. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not okay to do what?
    Have a pint of beer then drive home?

Did you read that part? I didn't say 'a few too many'. I don't drink 'a few too many' unless I definitively have someone to drive me. It isn't worth it ever.

But a pint of beer or a glass of wine is not 'a few too many'.
    On no refusal holidays - that ONE DRINK...whether you're well below 'legally intoxicated' or not....that ONE DRINK lands your ass in the clink. All the police officer has to do is say he believes you were impaired. After having a glass of wine.

So...on 'no refusal' holidays...I don't drive after one drink. Because it's alcohol in my system.

Otherwise, after one drink, I am neither impaired physically or considered legally impaired. See my previous post about the slow nursing of my beer and the fact it takes me nearly an hour to drink one.

Snomageddonpocalypse is here. Maryland is freaking the fuck out.

So The husband and I went to the state park and looked at the snow and the water. It was lovely.

[​IMG]

3. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last week a jogger - mother of 3 - was killed at 8 in the morning by a doctor on his way to work who blew a .110. He claims the last drink he had was 10pm the previous evening. In the car he had a sam adams (unopened?) and prescription drugs. Other crazy facts about this case is that he is being treated for leukemia and is a widower because his wife was killed in a car accident. He himself has 3 kids and was engaged to be married.

It happened on a somewhat rural road and when she saw him too close to the edge she moved to the ditch to wait till he passed. He swerved and hit her anyway.

Apparently people all over the world jogged in her memory this weekend. #megsmiles

4. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I've known too many (hell, one is too many) people who lost their lives because someone made a stupid decision. In some cases, the person wasn't even drunk, but their ability to operate a vehicle was impaired. Their ability to react, their ability to make decisions quickly and effectively, their ability to process information as it happened quickly was impaired.

It isn't always the beer that put you into the 0.110 range. It's whichever beer slowed down your reaction time. It could be beer #1, it could be beer #5. Why take the chance? Just because you don't feel drunk doesn't mean you're capable of making all the little decisions that you make every day behind the wheel with the same degree of competence as when you're sober.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

True, heart-wrenching story:

About 20 years or so ago, near where I live, a drunk driver blew through a red light and T-boned car with a local mother and her 2 kids inside. Mom died. The kids, luckily, were fine.

One of those little roadside memorials was erected at the intersection. The widower father would run by there nearly every day on his morning jog to say hello to his beloved, deceased wife.

About 15 years ago around 7 a.m., I was driving to work past this intersection when I saw an old grey Chevy pulled over to the side of the road with a couple of cop cars behind it. It turns out that, as dad was on his usual jog, the grey Chevy, for no apparent reason, swerved and hit the father. He was killed. Now there are two crosses at that intersection.

http://www.porfidolaw.com/publications/Driver-Who-Killed-Randolph-Mom-To-Be-Freed.shtml

6. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was talking to my husband about this after the jogger was killed. There has to be some sort of physiological explanation for this sort of thing because it seems like it happens all the time. In my town there have been dozens of deaths just in the past 5 or 6 years from people being hit while walking along the side of the road or changing a tire in the emergency lane or whatever and someone swerves right into them. I wonder if what they did was see the person up ahead, swerve away so they wouldn't hit them, but then did too much and overcorrected and hit them anyway. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but there has to be some explanation other than "the person happened to be coincidentally in the exact spot where the driver swerved."

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah. You can try, but you won't be successful in convincing me that a pint of beer before I go home makes me an asshole. Particularly not if you've ever:

texted while driving.
    read a text while driving.
    applied lipgloss/lipstick while driving.
    talked on the phone while driving.
    looked at a map while driving.
    driven with your knee.
    driven after working 14 hours.
    driven after taking cold medicine.
    driven after taking allergy medicine.
    driven after pulling an all nighter.
    driven with the flu or a cold.

LOTS of things impair your ability to drive a vehicle. All of the things I listed were choices...if you've done any of them...you've made a choice to be an impaired driver. The difference is that Sudafed doesn't have a multibillion dollar ad campaign working against it.

Is driving drunk wrong? Absolutely. I'm not saying otherwise.

But the "One drink and you're an asshole for driving" crowd needs to put down the rocks because their glass walls are pretty fucking fragile.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haha, awesome. I'm catching up on this season of Grimm, and they have a friggin Krampus episode.

9. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

A while ago I was on the phone at work, spelling something back to the other person like that, and the only word in the entire English language that I could think of that started with P was "penis."

"So that's 'p' as in peen - uh.... 'p' as in....as in....um..."

(Note, I was still working for Planned Parenthood)

"P as in....................................................................penguin?"

And the other person definitely knew what was happening in my brain and wouldn't stop laughing at me. I still don't know what you're supposed to say for P but I'm starting a movement to make it penis.

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should maybe consider learning the phonetic alphabet...to avoid foot in mouth situations.

Or not....because they're certainly funny.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man. The Penis Movement - there are just so, so many jokes there. That's awesome.

So, Audrey, I believe that would be Papa - which is also funny while working at Planned Parenthood.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would like to get behind Audrey and support Penis Movement.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got propositioned by a cam girl on gchat. So fucking weird. I got a random request to chat last night and accepted it cause I figured it was a new email for a friend.

Fast forward to an hour ago and the following exchange:

Her: Whatcha doing
    Me (not recognizing the display name): Umm, working? I think you have the wrong person...
    H: Hi! How are you? Lets chat for a bit, I'm bored and looking to meet new people!
    M (already smelling a rat): Ok? Interesting way to go about it...
    H: Cool, well I'm Jenny and I'm originally from Miami! Can I ask you a question?
    M: Umm, ok?
    H: What kind of women you like!? R you in to NICE TITIS or a HUGE ASS? (insert tongue out smiley face).
    (almost there...)
    M: Umm, both?
    H: LOL! I have alot of both, would you like to see!? I'm not doing much right now...
    M: Well, seeing as I'm at work, that's probably a no go...
    H: YAY, let me set up my cam n u can watch me slap my booty! LOL, BRB!
    BLOCKED

What the fuck? Is nothing sacred anymore?

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I, too, wound like to participate in the Penis Movement behind Audrey.

15. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Audrey, I'd ignore this one if I were you.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was a Christmas error.

You know, because there's no L.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The thirst for validation has no sanctity, shame, or boundaries. This just shows the lengths people will go to feel liked or even noticed. Why would ANYBODY whore it up for a complete stranger in this world of recordable social media? Did her dad fuck her in a Leatherface mask her entire teenage life?

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yikes. That was a thousand percent creepier than intended.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That wasn't Charlene Getluwski was it?! She propositioned me first! Are you surprised some skeezy webcam site would spam chat bots out?

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: 1/10/14 WDT

So I just watched a video of a girl throwing puppies into a river.

Why people post that shit on Facebook I'll never know, and why the fuck does the Facebook app auto play videos?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.