Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/10/14 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

But at a certain age don't pregnancies get more risky? Never mind her already-present major health issues, the fact that shes closer to 40 than 30 isn't going to help.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shimmered to the white courtesy phone

3. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Certain risk factors do increase with the age of the mother as well as the age of the father, and for women, they start pushing certain tests around age 35, particularly if it is her first pregnancy. That being said, it's not like every kid born to an older parent comes out with 3 arms and 16 toes.

In my opinion, the most problematic thing about older parenthood (I'm talking 50+) is that you're just not going to be around that long for your kid, and there's a reasonable chance that your relatively young (20-30ish) child will have to deal with end of life issues long before they should.

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

yes. People over 30 can have kids. Even if their other kids are already almost grown up.

Yes there are increased risk factors in certain areas, and the number of risks increases as the mother ages...I'm 34 so...here's to good health and a normal kid.

Also. Rachel McAdams' ass is the stuff dreams are made of...I want to bite it and squeeze it and hug it and call it my precious...

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Forty Niners to their third consecutive NFC championship game. Suck it all you non believers and Kaepernick haters.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'm a Spurs fan and a 49ers fan, so especially when it comes to basketball I'm used to my team coming temptingly close year after year. But being close doesn't count for anything.

It's either rings, or disappointment.

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today I made my first attempt at making homemade bacon jam and it turned out... meh. I was trying to recreate the stuff I had down in the outer banks this past summer, and while I know the list of ingredients, the amounts and particular execution is lacking somewhere. Doesn't mean I still won't eat the whole thing in probably a day or two. Just gotta keep on tinkering.

Now I've got the late football game on and a big ol pot of beef stew simmering, which obviously means it's time to start my day drinking.

8. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can confirm.

I remember back in 07 Cthe Indians won the AL Central title and took the Red Sox 7 games in the AL title game. If they had won that last game they would have crushed the Rockies that year to win the World Series. Getting that far and losing (especially after blowing a 3-1 series lead) is just sad. Same thing that year (06/07 season) the Cavs made it to the NBA finals and got blown out by the Spurs. Same year the Browns went 10-6 and didn't even fucking make it into the playoffs. Aaaand our teams went back to shit promptly after. But it's cyclical so next year or the year after we should have a year of hope being restored just to be crushed again for the next 8 to 9 years.

Yes I'm bitter.

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a Rangers fan. Game 6 is still raw.

10. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I'm a Cowboys fan. Hope is forsaken in these lands.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My brother is, also.
    He said he was looking to buy some new gear. I begged him not to because as a fan he has a moral obligation to STOP lining JJ's pockets.

12. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm convinced every Cleveland sports fan is a complete and utter masochist. Admit it; deep down you secretly like it.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What in all the fucks is going on here....
    [​IMG]

14. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm so behind... So 'Sack got divorced?

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup. Divorced and done with it. Though he seems a bit worse for the emotional wear. Or maybe not.

16. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I want to be a cowboys fan. I desperately want to be. Where I live in Texas we don't have a football team, And everyone here is either a texans or a cowboys fan. But I've hated the Texans since they started (I think it has something to do with me hating houston in general), and I just can't root for the cowboys. Not as long as homo is the qb, and especially not as long as jerry jone$ is the owner/gm/coach.

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

do not want. On any level. The suit doesn't fit and gives her a weird bump at her crotch and ...
    bleh. gross.

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you think Romo's the problem (and don't get me wrong, the guy isn't perfect), you're definitely misreading that situation. I sincerely hope he goes somewhere else, gets a better team all around him, and wins a ring. When your defense is swiss cheese and random guys pulled off the street, and your O-line is questionable at best, you do the best you can with what you have. Romo's a good quarterback. Not the best in the league, but damn good, and the Cowboys organization - Jones and Garrett in particular - have really let him down.

Goddammit. I'm ready for baseball. I'm so fucking sick of football.

20. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Yup. We are not winning until Jerry dies. Then maybe we can get an actual GM....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.