Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/15/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

What the fuck is Waffle House?

FB_IMG_1452900715391.jpg

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the best thing they sell...
    Bacon Texas Cheese Steak Melt plate with a double order scattered smothered covered.

3. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well technically it isn't masturbation if they are doing it together is it?

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like to fry bacon with pepper (lots if you want), make hash browns in the bacon fat, then do a few eggs over easy and put them over it all with hot sauce. We're headed to a bar in my neighborhood tomorrow morning that does amazing sweet potato hash browns and 2 for 1 bloody marys among things for brunch and it will be glorious.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im really hoping that with the legislative death of trans fats we move back to beef tallow. My mom still comments on how much better McDonalds fries were in beef tallow.

This is really my go to. Shit is good. The name sake waffles are uninspiring. IHOP makes a much better pancake.

6. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I once ordered spinach and artichoke dip in Nashville, and the chick said, "Omg it's so good here! It's made with pork fat!"

Ummmmmmmm....what? I know s&a dip isn't exactly health food, but I sure as shit could've lived without hearing "pork fat" as a selling point.

7. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I couldn't find the 1963 Pink Panther quote so this will have to do.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    The south in just a few lines:

"Chester County deputies are searching for 2-year-old Noah Israel Chamberlin.

He was last seen going into the woods near his family's home in Pinson, Tennessee."

He was last seen going into the woods.

?????

Someone saw a toddler headed off into the woods by himself and didn't say anything? Was he headed down to the fucking snake pond to catch some catfish for dinner?

9. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mr. Bell and I will go to WH sometimes for lunch. I love their patty melts. I need to have the hash browns really well done or else they are inedible.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Woohoo!

Just picked up a 1400 cfm dust extractor with carbon fibre cannister air filter... fuck yeah!

Do I know how to rip up a Friday night or what?

11. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everything is better when fried in beef tallow, with a few exceptions using peanut oil. It's well worth the nightmare of cleaning that shit out of a fryer.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I think I may have you beat here Chief.

I picked up a 1957 Tony Kubek short print rookie card PSA graded 8.

That was pretty much the highlight of my week. And yes, I am pretty much just sitting around waiting for death.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Think I got YOU beat there, Chief... as I'm going to be plugging the table saw into 220 and ripping some shit up tomorrow, just to suck up the dust. I'm not just casually waiting for my death, I'm engineering it.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

You got me there.

I gave it a sporting try though. If it wasn't for a meddling friend that knew CPR I would've succeeded too.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Personally, I just wasn't very good at knots.

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is what I think of when I hear you speak.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm heeerrree. Waffle house is the tits!

I ran into a guy I went to highschool with not long ago and he works in marketing or pr or something for the house of the W in Mississippi. He gave me 2 cards for free waffles. I was going to look up a german pancake recipe because Shegirls link makes me go sploosh....but a waffle house run might trump that.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should be able to find one. There's probably 5 within a couple miles of you.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5332044

http://www.wafflehouse.com/locations/

In my neck of the woods, there are often 2 WH's at an interstate exit. One on each side. When I was in high school, I was a dispatcher for an ambulance service. A guy called in and said a man was having a heart attack at the Waffle House. I said which one, and he said the one on River Street. And he hung up. There are three on River Street.

They are definitely more prevalent in the South, but there are over 2100 locations in 25 States.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am glad Galaxy Quest is getting some attention in light of Alan Rickman's passing. Apparently there is a TV series in the works by Amazon.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

A couple people were asking just what the fuck a dust extractor was, so here's a pic of what I picked up:

[​IMG]
    It's just a fancy vacuum cleaner for sawdust and wood chips that you attach to things like planers, jointers, saws, etc, to help keep the sawdust from going everywhere. You attach long hoses to the black "Y" connector and run them to the tools you use.

I'm still setting up my new shop, and the first time I fired up the table saw and ripped a few boards the whole place filled with sawdust and floating dust. I then looked over in the corner where the furnace and hot water tank were and realized that I was a prime candidate to get blown up in a dust explosion (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_explosion).

This one is kind of cool because that big cannister on the top is a 1 micron filter made from carbon fibre and is cleanable rather than the typical cloth bag/filter that is used. Think of it like a high-performance filter upgrade you'd do to a car, which helps the thing suck air at 1400 cubic feet per minute, which is a LOT. Your typical, high-end household vacuum cleaner or standard range fan probably has 200 or so, and this has 1400. It should do a really, really good job in the shop.

Today I'm basically setting it up and running all the hoses and figuring out all the stupid fucking adapter sizes for different connection/hose sizes, but once it's in place, there's a fancy remote control that I can use to turn it on when needed, and I can then get back to making sawdust without blowing shit up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.