Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/15/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  2. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Jesus Christ was a scumbag.

Strategically smart though, my guess is that he and his lawyer know Uber have a strong history of protecting their drivers so I am guessing they figure they can throw a couple million at this to make it go away. I would rather they spend the money ruining this douchebag in court.

3. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Well, that escalated quickly.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I want him more than ruined. I hope he gets badgered into suicide. No-account twats like this have no place anywhere.

"That's not ME." No, you're actually even worse.
    image.jpg

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Twitter has crashed.

Gentlemen, we have keyboard warriors without ammo trapped behind enemy lines. Unless we get up and running, our SJW comrades will not be able to explain how MLK was a racist.

7. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's a fucking tool, but lets chill a bit.

I also like how the story, which is bad enough, got sensationalized by calling him a "Taco Bell exec". He was a marketing manager, like thousands of other young-ish MBA grad at CPG and brand focused companies.

And Uber has a history of protecting their drivers, but they are also pretty stingy, I can't see them throwing money at frivolous lawsuits, especially when they are gearing to go public.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Uber is here in town now, the cab companies are super-pissed, yadda yadda. I personally think cab companies here are rip-off artists but that's me.

Do you guys like Uber or cabs better?

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That depends on the night. Uber is amazing as long as surge pricing isn't going on. I'm not a huge fan of how they treat their drivers. But the service is normally 10x better than a cab ride.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uber every day and twice on Sundays. Cost is a big factor, in Chicago your meter is almost $5 by the time you sit down. Uber I took 3-4 rides this weekend all over 10 min and none were more than $9. Most Uber drivers are friendly, have decent to nice cars (Ive had a BMW X5, Mercedes C Class, and an Escalade in the last 2 months, not even using UberBlack), and its no bullshit, especially with the payment. Cabs are dirty, cabbies are chattering away on a cell phone except when they yell at you, argue with you about using a CC even for fares well over $30 coming from the airport, actively try to take shiesty routes. Its dumb.

Now I get the complaints about Uber screwing over their drivers with lower rates, thats a valid concern, but from a consumer perspective, there is no competition. There is a Chicago cab driver on Twitter who branched into a black car business (kind of like Jamie Foxx in Collateral) and he posts a negative article or complaint about Uber and their "uninsured drivers" almost every day, but he's just a whiny bitch. I think Uber is kind of an arrogant company and know multiple managers there as their Global Head of Operations went to college with me (first guy to get me drunk...he's now worth $3B...FML) and hires a lot of his frat brothers, and they are douchebags, but their customer service is fantastic whenever Ive had bad fares or mistakes.

The best would be for Lyft to get more traction, put pressure on Uber, and make the whole industry even better.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I'm leaving a bar and there are cabs around, I will take a cab. All other times I will use Uber. At the regular rate an Uber from my house to downtown is about half what a cab would cost.

Surge pricing can be a bitch, though. A few of my friends have managed to top $200 on one ride because they didn't check first.

12. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The surge pricing is ridiculous, and extends way too far of an area I feel. We had a home game at noon and despite it being 11 pm and me being on the other side of town in what is actually another city, it still cost me $20.00 to go a mile. That honestly soured me on them pretty bad.

13. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it just me being computer illiterate or is the option to check your Uber rate not always available? I got F'd in the A a couple times in Italy and once in NY. In NY, might as well have taken a damn cab, least then it was a flat $32 instead of $43.

The main appeal about Uber is the availability. I just click on an app and enter in a destination. I don't have to dig up a cab number then try to explain the destination.

Surge pricing. During Art Basel in Miami, our Uber driver was talking about people who went 80 miles, from Jupiter to Miami, during surge pricing. They got charged around $300.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

How though? You have to manually enter the surge multiplier as your agreement to the surge rates.

15. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have obviously never needed a ride while blacked out.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exactly, people who complain that they "didn't check" are usually just lying when they sober up and get mad that they spent $100+ on a ride cause they were impatient.

Surge pricing sucks, but UberPool, depending on where you are, has helped mitigate it to some extent.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well to be fair, Ive come-to in the back of a cab with the cab driver doing a huge loop through the city to take the longest possible route to my apartment. So youre fucked either way at that point.

18. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In my experience, I've found that if you're seeing a really high multiplier on your pricing, if you can wait 10-15 minutes, it often goes down. Not all the way back to basic, but lower to the point that you'll definitely save yourself some money. One night a ride home that was less than 10 miles was going to cost me about $100 due to surge pricing. So, I walked around, got some street meat then checked again and the price had already dropped down to half that price.

19. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahhhhhh, Starrow Drive I presume?

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And THIS will be the BEST part about self-driving, autonomous vehicles. Buddy passes out? Put him in his car and send him out of state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.