Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

1/20/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you would enjoy sobriety.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing if you're a woman.

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey I tried things your way for.years, Miller Time. I don't have a wife kids or even a dog, so fuck it get weird.

That's usually the trade off. Healthier wealthier but bored and weird. Being sober makes online dating a fucking disaster.

That's why it's so hard for people to kick most.habits: it involves kicking your friends out as well.

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the most part I cut out drinking liquor in the past couple of years and it has been a positive change. I've got a nice bottle of whiskey that was a gift from my dad and will pack hard booze along for camping trips for the sake of efficiency but otherwise don't miss getting sloppy in public and wasting days due to hangovers- things that don't happen to me if I just stick to beer, even the stronger 6-8%+ brews. I used to worry about "keeping up" with others getting drunk and you know that "catching up" process never ends well too.

Years ago I traded off having a more vibrant social life for teaching myself a skilled trade in my spare time, and I'd like to think its paying off because I have a second career option now and would rather spend time with a select few people that really I care anyways.

I'm headed to Las Vegas in less than two weeks for the first time to attend a giant convention as the guest of a high end gunmaker... if you told me a few years ago that this would be happening I'd probably say bull shit but alas here we are. I know I've missed out on some good times but dedication pays off.

#104 katokoch, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

It's only mildly irritating when my friends are shit-faced and wondering why I'm not shit-faced with them. I've opened the door to getting knocked up and figure that getting drunk every weekend along with a drink every work-night probably wasn't conducive to that. Unless you're 16. Then it works like a charm. But yeah, friends stopped hounding me when I came clean. I also had to be upfront bc there are some patients I can't be around at work. I ran out of excuses why someone else needed to have them.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah this is the big issue. I don't think I have any interactions with friends that don't revolve around drinking somehow. I'd be fine to limit my drinking to weekend partying only if it didn't mean a two day hangover where Im not totally rebooted until fucking Tuesday. You find yourself thinking, hey maybe I can try that smokable alcohol thing out and see if I can't live a normal life with that! I sometimes wish weed didn't cause me so much anxiety, or generally cause users to limit social interactions to other people in the same headspace. It would be a decent alternative for me.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I agree with this in part. I realized that a lot of the friends I had were only friends who wanted me to go drinking with them as an excuse to get fucked up themselves. They were also the ones pushing the "he's just going through a phase" narrative when I quit, so fuck those guys. However, I still find bars and life in general to be extremely fun and rewarding. My wife drinks though not right now that she's pregnant again. I've never had an issue with it. I've heard that some people can't even smell alcohol without craving it, but that wasn't the case at all with me. A cold NA beer at the bar and I was good. Or a virgin pina colada or miami vice because fuck you. Virgin drinks can still taste good. Monin syrup is awesome.

That was it for me. I stopped drinking on my son's first birthday. I had a period of about two months where I thought I could handle moderation, turned into full blown drinking again so I stopped again. He's almost 3 now and I'm proud that my son will never see me drunk. Until he gets interested in drinking and I allow him to have a few drinks at the house so long as it's with me... I figure he's going to do it anyway, so it better be here where I can protect him.

Speaking of kids, my wife's first sonogram is tomorrow.

I got a gut feeling it's gonna be twins.

8. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I've got just enough Irish in me that I love to drink, but enough Swedish and other Scandinavian/Northern European shit in me that I could never be an alcoholic. After a long week I love getting drunk and blowing of steam. I'm a happy drunk, and have always been able to keep my composure when drinking. It has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with winning the drunk genetic lottery. A lot of people tell me that I don't seem drunk even though my BAC is well over .20, and I'm feeling it big time. I'm 35 and rarely get hangovers. Even though drinking is a great time for me, I get sick of it after a few days and my body just says no. After this point beer doesn't go down well and it's hard to have a good time. I always have to take at least a few days off. There's usually about one or two weekends a month when I'm busy with work that I don't even go out because I feel like my body needs a break from it.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no desire to drink in moderation. I enjoy getting fucked up. In fact moderation/na beers/ virgin high balls really weird me out.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not much of a weekday drinker at all, pretty exclusively drink on the weekends with friends. But I'm probably going to give sober February a try. Namely cause I'm sick of the depressive nature of alcohol when Im out and about. I like drinking, don't get me wrong, but I'm fine holding off on it until at least spring. Cold weather, unreliability, general malaise all are bad enough without some alcohol multipliers.

For example, 2 weeks, Id recently had things broken off with a girl I'd been seeing for about 2 months, for insanely selfish and immature reasons on her part. I'm out, meet a girl, talk for an hour or so, things are going great, last conversation topic is asking about my family and sisters. "can you hold my drink, gonna run to the bathroom"...cue her and her two friends walking out with their coats 2 min later. Again, nothing crazy, just typical selfish 2017 male-female interaction behavior, but was enough to put me in a sour mood for the rest of the night. Probably doesn't happen if I'm sober.

Dodging occasional hangovers? Side benefit.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Robert Kraft looks like he doesn't mind a beverage or 12.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Healthy baby, and only one thank god.

Tonight we will both celebrate with a glass of champagne

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

FUCK YOU KARMA!!!!!

After me talking shit about the flu in the flu shot thread a while back, guess who fucking has it now?

I've never had the flu in my life, so of course I fucking get it right when my wife is having shitty morning sickness and really needs my help with our son.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Maybe it's just Zika.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

That's honestly what I asked them first. Fortunately where we went it was level 2, but we stayed on the boat and didn't get bit at all.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Please get knifed in jail please get knifed in jail please get knifed in jail.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I imagine the guards tried REALLY hard to keep that story from getting in there. I also imagine it's already made its rounds.

She'll have to be in protective custody for her entire stay, and even then she won't be completely safe. And when she gets out, anytime you google her name there's gonna be not only a crime but a video attached to her evilness.

Perhaps @dixiebandit69 can shed some light on how screwed she truly is?

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Why would anyone in jail give a shit about taping a kid to the wall? I imagine more than a handful would find it funny... the kid wasn't physically hurt, or raped, or killed... and I can't imagine the typical prison population having good parents, so probably have stories that are worse...

Doesn't seem like it crossed any kind of prison line, but I'm just guessing here...

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't really weigh in on how things like that would go down at a women's prison. At a male prison, it wouldn't raise much of a fuss, if anything.
    Lots of guys in there would beat their kids horribly, but they thought it was okay as long as you weren't molesting/fucking them.

Prison inmates can have weird morals at times; lots of guys would steal anything that wasn't bolted down out in the free world, but suddenly stealing was verboten as soon as they were within the prison walls. They would be the most disrespectful shitheads you could imagine on the outside, but once locked up, respect (giving and receiving) was the most important thing. And I'm not even going to get started on the whole religion aspect. (unless you want me to resurrect the Jungle Julia thread.)

Speaking of Jungle Julia, last night I trimmed/shaped her bush into a Wi-Fi symbol. I'd show y'all a picture of it (it came out really great), but I can't.
    I tried to find a picture of it done online, with no luck.

Bummer, huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.