Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

10/30/15 The Halloween WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Ben Carson says that ancient Egyptian pyramids were "used for storing grain, not pharaoh's tombs."

This man is running for president.

2. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

and leading in the polls...

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have had full on arguments over Maryland pit beef versus Carolina barbecue. Obesity won.

And God bless any place with a good Cuban Sandwich...

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Free AM crunch wrap at Taco Bell this morning, thanks to world series stolen base. (And, free bowel movement, thanks to AM crunch wrap.)

Almost taste the bush . . .

5. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Missed most of this thread due to business trip. I did inadvertently celebrate Sandwich Day by having a bahn mi sandwich at a place called Viet Sub. It was yummy. I wish that place was where I live. Or maybe I can be not lazy and google a local place that makes them. There's a food truck that does them, but for obvious reasons they are not in the same place all the time.

With my sandwich I also had a sesame mung bean ball, it was pretty neat. Savory and sesame on the outside and sweet on the inside.

January 2017 on the Star Trek show, eh? Well, as a Sherlock fan I am used to waiting. I never saw Enterprise. The first couple years it was on I was living in a bumfuck town that didn't get Paramount in the cable package. I was so bent out of shape that I never even tried to catch up with the show in later years.

6. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saw the "You're Not Yelping" episode of South Park. I have never been so (ir)rationally angry at a cartoon before. If you have ever made a Yelp review, kindly set yourself on fire. Parker and Stone are destroying it this season.

Then, there is this musical number:

He's from my town. Did you know he was a brain surgeon too? He actually was allowed to tinker inside someone's skull and he believes aliens aided in pyramid construction.

Between Carson and South Park everything is just awful. I'm gong back to bed.

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I celebrated sandwich day by having myself a Chicago style Italian beef dip. Extra juicy with grilled onions an hot giardiniera. Spicy going in and coming out. There's a place here in Columbus that was opened by a Chicago transplant that does all the traditional Chicago dishes: Italian beef dip, deep dish pizza and the traditional Chicago dog with poppy seed bun, mustard, relish, onions, pickle spear and tomato. It's not as authentic as walking around in Wrigleyville, but it's about as close as you can get without driving for 6 hours.

Now that sandwich day is over, today we get to celebrate International Stout Day. I've got a couple of bottles sitting in my beer fridge that have been aging for a bit so I might have to break out one of those.I'm torn between either a 2014 Brooklyn Brewery Black Ops, a 2015 Founders KBS or a Jackie O's Dark Apparition. All 3 are at least 10.5% so if I'm being responsible, I should only have one...

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a question.

When did it become socially acceptable to clip your fingernails and toenails at your desk?

I work with generally smart and competent people, yet there are at least a half dozen that do this. What the fuck?

9. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stout Day you say? I just so happen to have a 2014 Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout in my beer fridge. Aging it for a year really turns it into chocolate brandy. Had a bottle a few months ago that made my blood hot.

Around the same time when everyone shared every detail of their personal and emotional lives on social media with people they friended after 5 minutes at a Starbucks.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not just a brain surgeon, but arguably one of the best of all time. He was heading up neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins at 33. The man's medical record is incredible and admirable. That being said, the old jokes about intelligence and common sense not necessarily being correlated are completely true. The man is an absolute moron. Just staggering blinders and god-complex on that one.

11. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All you guys criticizing Ben Carson are just hateful racists.

12. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not like his book was called "Gifted Mind."
    [​IMG]

13. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you know it costs $65 to shave a fucking cat, my wife has been taking her for years and hiding the cost from me but today she had something come up and I had to take the cat and the lady tells me $65. That just seems a bit much.

Cue shaved pussy jokes.

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

May need to pick up some of that. I have a couple of heavy winter seasonals and an imperial stout from last year still in my "cellar"... do I break one out for deer hunting this weekend with my brother? Or pick up a growler of some fresh stuff? Decisions, decisions.

15. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Jesus. It only costs me $50 to get mine waxed.

16. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You talk like you can't drink both. For safety's sake, bring a long a bottle of bourbon too. As the woods will no doubt be cold, you will need to keep your strength up. Also calories. Yes, calories, energy. This is science.

I'm debating picking up a bottle of this stuff soon. Slightly reluctant to spend $60 on a bottle that could be gasoline with a hint of pear. But, oh man, there's no way that pear isn't hot sex. I also need to get some ciders and a couple new Hawaiian shirts. Gotta prep for this harsh Florida winter.

[​IMG]

17. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sure, good call. Gonna start the "deer hunter's" diet this weekend where you just drink bourbon and eat beef jerky.

[​IMG]

18. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am currently listening to one of my co-workers trying to convince another that when Earth's magnetic poles reverse, every electric motor will stop working until the wire inside is rewound the opposite direction.

The second co-worker has a Ph.D in physics.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Is it just a little eye-twitch, or a full-blown aneurysm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.