Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

10/6/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If only Scotty got the shields back up to full power in time.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

There is a hurricane a'brewin' and it's coming straight for us. They anticipate a Cat 1 which isn't bad but everybody is nervous. We haven't had a direct hit in over a decade and the past season has been bad.

Memories of my dad's 70th with mild alcohol poisoning are making me think twice about whiskey but I think I could ride this thing out on hunchpunch. let's goooo

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Cat 1s just mean your garden is getting some water.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Or maybe the deadwood in the trees that hasn't experienced a good wind in years will get knocked down and fuck some shit up on their way. I see that as being the biggest danger. We have a ton of huge hardwoods and pine stands. The pines get whipped around and rarely break but the hardwoods shed a lot of wood.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They are the demo most responsible for cervix breaches.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All I can picture is the scene at the end of Animal House where he's shouting "Ramming speed!"

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Audrey's cervix? Hell no!

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This is one of the funniest AVE videos I've seen:

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Home Depot had a Ryobi sale on a couple of weeks ago and hey had a killer deal on battery powered angle grinders.

Seeing as I have a ton of Ryobi tools and batteries, I picked up two of them. They were less than $40 each delivered, so I wasn’t sure what to expect.

Just unboxed them and am crazy impressed. Tons of grunt and seem to be pretty high quality.

Colour me impressed and happy.
    C952E9E6-0630-4721-A367-A666CD4C2DFF.jpeg

#29 Nettdata, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm in Niagara, I've got a bottle of Knob Creek and just ate two pot edibles. I'll call you guys from Saturn.​

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Color me confused. Why would you need two of them?

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Extra batteries would be my guess

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why build one when you can have two at twice the price? - SR Hadden

Right hand, left hand, duh.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    One of the non-intentionally funniest commercials I've ever seen was an airline talking about how devoted they are to the maintenance of their planes. They showed a clip of a guy looking at the jet engine who then says dramatically "Get me a mini grinder!"

Uh...a grinder? On a jet engine? On a plane you want me to fly on? No thank you.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

One for a cut-off disc and the other for a flap disc. I can then use one of the wired grinders for the grinding disc.

When you’re welding you can’t have too many grinders, as constantly changing discs is too much of a pain in the ass.

Also those are just the bare tools, no batteries or chargers included... but I already have 10 batteries of various capacities and 5 or so chargers.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Story time.

Years ago I was at an after party here in Vegas. My buddies were the up and coming band that couldn't miss being the next band to break out. The best they managed was touring Japan as Poison's opening act

I ended up talking to some guy who was telling me he was a singer and that he'd just auditioned for Vinnie Vincent (Who'd recently left KISS.) I told him that was awesome and proceeded to blow him off because I've heard a million stories from musicians who are just about to hit it big. They never do.

Except for this guy. It was Mark Slaughter. About 6 months later I saw this video:

You might know him from his band Slaughter. He has one of the most awesome voices I've ever heard. And just to bring everything full circle and show what a small world this is: A friend from my home town went to LA to seek fame and riches playing music. He was good, very good. His band got noticed and Slaughter's bass player Dana Strum produced their demo.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Fly To The Angels is a power ballad favourite of mine. That man can scream with range.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This is the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend, so I've been doing some cooking for today.

Last night I think I topped myself (in the totally not gay way).

I love roasted garlic soup and thought I'd make some for today... so I had two big baking pans roasting garlic in the oven last night... just cut the tops off, drizzle some olive oil, add some salt, and then let it slow roast until it nicely caramelizes. Needless to say it smells fucking awesome while it's going on.

Well, last night at around 10:30pm the phone rings... which is not normal. My immediate thought was "who died?"

It was the next door neighbour, who said, "what the hell are you cooking? It smells amazing!" None of the windows or doors were open, and he was inside, and he could still smell the garlic.

When they were done I popped the 200 or so cloves of roasted garlic out of their skins, added them to some sauteed onions, white wine, herbs, and heavy cream... then blended the fuck out of it and let it chill in the fridge overnight.

It is probably the best soup I've ever made.

19. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not gonna lie, I might've twitched a bit in my pants reading that. Anything else that needs to go into it other than what you listed? Also, how long and at what temp do you roast your garlic?

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I probably should post this in the serious thread, since it's a serious question. But, in an effort to promote harmony, unity and just peace in general - because, as my good friend John Lennon said, "give peace a chance" - I'll post it here:

Where dem titties at?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.