Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

11/3/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sammy's just a dude playin a dude, disguised as another dude.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It is. His name is Perez Hilton, and god bless him he’s a white woman now.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Apparently he uses a moisturizing cream that has a light bleaching effect... "I don't think I'm like Michael Jackson"

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the sense that he hasn’t been accused of molesting children yet.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He did have more hits than Michael Jackson.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh girl, please. He wasn’t the same Sammy Sosa after Quincy Jones stopped training him. Only shitty singles after that.

7. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I'm not good at this whole not drinking thing. I've had a shit day and apparently the only coping mechanism I have is alcohol.

So, a sober fortnight sounds as good as a sober month, right? Right?!

I think the fact that I'm not drinking is making me bitter about the fact that I can't just get a nice buzz going tonight. Or, I mean, I can. I'm not very good at following rules even if I'm the one who made the rules.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The main tipping point was a (soon-to-be-ex, I'm sure) Community Manager who basically lost his shit on a bunch of whiny fanboys, and called them "Monday Morning Developers"... to which the army of angsty Monday Morning Developers lost their shit.

"EA doesn't know the value of a customer!"

Hate to break it to you, Sherlock, but they know EXACTLY the value of a customer, which is why they're doing things the way they are.

Now there's a mad rush to cancel pre-orders, which makes me wonder how fucking stupid do you have to be to pre-order something in the first place?

The vocal majority of video gamers are fucking retarded.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I preordered red dead redemption 2.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Why? Honest question... what did you get from the pre-order that you wouldn't have gotten by waiting for it?

11. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you can sometimes play a couple days early or at least it will download automatically on the release date at midnight so you can have it ready to rock immediately. Not that I've ever done it... I think some games will have extra content or some shit, but I'm sure you pay for that. With digital copies it's probably not worth it, unless you can play early, since it's pretty quick to download.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The only reason I ask is that the vast majority of big-hype games that have really pushed presales have crashed and burned in a big way, leading to a huge cry of "why did we buy the presale!" Only to buy the next presale.

Case in point, Star Wars Battlefront, the version one of the game that EA is getting a ton of shit over right now. It took months for EA/DICE to get their shit right after launch.

Hell, even the games I was personally involved with use pre-sales as more of a "rip off the fans" exercise than anything... the worst being MechWarrior Online. The Publisher basically conned a ton of people into paying to be Beta testers (for more than the game was going to sold for), and then once the game launched, they were then forced to purchase it again at full cost.

This was too much, and eventually the Indie studio that made the game (Piranha out of Vancouver) bought out the Publisher's stake in order to try and salvage any credibility... and they are a phenomenal studio and did the right thing. But really, it was easy to understand... the Publisher had no fucking clue what they were doing (I kind of left on bad terms after I did a bit of whistleblowing to the game studios, to the point where a Superior Court case was almost filed against me until my own lawyer explained how that would be a bad idea), they were broke, and needed the money to finish the game. Hell, they wanted to do some DLC on KickStarter. They eventually went bankrupt, after a shit-ton of mismanagement.

Meanwhile, while it was happening, a bunch of us are hearing the pre-sales/Beta plans as "fundraiser" ("let's call them Founders, and make them feel special"), and laughed... who the hell in their right mind would do this? Well, colour us stupid, because a LOT of people did it... and they got shafted as a result.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Now this I would preorder all day, every day... just released by SpaceX

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because I was excited like a 5 year old and other than that, I don’t know.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

16. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now do not give up. If you are having a bad day and need to substitute something for not drinking, may I suggest grabbing your husband and riding his face for a couple of hours. A little exercise never hurts anyone. A month is really not so long. You can do this.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean the Battlefront 2 trailer looks dope. I fell for the graphics last time, though I didn't preorder. The game had zero depth.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I pre-order albums on iTunes. Does that count? I only do it if I'm going to buy the album anyway, just to support the artist. I know pre-sales mean something to the studios so if I hear a song from an up-and-coming singer/songwriter on an EP I like, I just spend a few bucks and a few months later I get a nice surprise of new music I'd totally forgotten about.

19. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m shocked people still buy music this way. I thought everyone either stole it, or used a service for their musical needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.