Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

12/9/2016 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My neighbors are being horrible again. I'm thinking of putting a condom on their door handle or petroleum jelly.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Or burn down their house while they're asleep. That way there's no backlash.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That worked well, I put it on half the way, walked away down the corridor and down the stairs, came back up by the elevator and back to my place. Apparently someone made sure made sure it was wrapped all the way down the door handle. They key to success is always teamwork.

Fuck me things have got quieter. I guess it worked out.

#183 toddamus, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  4. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    It's -18F here currently, and it's supposed to get down to -30. My house is making banging noises as it adjusts to the cold.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My beard iced up while I was just in the hot tub.

Luckily we're starting a heat wave this week. It's bringing lots of snow, but it'll be 0 instead of -20. Nice change.

6. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're supposed to get up to 33 on Tuesday. I'm gonna be snowmobiling in my underwear.

7. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

There's nothing wrong with boxed wine. Some of it is fantastic. I had to stop buying it cause I was drinking way too much every night. Turns out having to open a bottle slows me down.

I spent the night at a dueling piano bar for a friend's birthday. Is this what people do? Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda lame? The only fun part was when a topless sax guy played Careless Whisper and was grinding on my husband. That was picture-worthy.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've always thought dueling piano bars are just another outlet for people into burlesque and caberet. Not my favorite crowd of people. They are fun once in a while.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is cold as balls but really how many of us have to deal with it more than walking to and from the car? I'm happy this didn't happen last week or the week before when I'd be walking to class because if that were the case I'd be riding that super scooter Net posted a photo of a while back

10. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was out replacing the pump in my sewer system at 11:00 pm the other night when it was -10 and blowing. If I never have to do that again it would be just fine.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The joys of being a man. You don't want to do it, you'd pay someone else to, but it needs to be done now and there's no one else around.

12. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

That sounds exactly like single parenting. In a related matter, I'm spending the day cleaning/drinking while my daughter is sick in her room.

13. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On boxed wine... Bota Box Old Vine Zinfandel is the shit and they indeed last surprisingly long. Plus you can take it camping!

Up until today ms. katokoch didn't think you could toss a pan full of water up into the air and not have any of it hit the ground, its fun to turn boiling water into a cloud when it is frigid.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sure kids are rewarding in ways I can't understand but I am a serious germophobe and hate being sick. Being covered in someone else's vomit, poo and urine doesn't sound like something I really need in my life.

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saw some guy on Lake Harriet today, seemed sketchy to me. I want to walk on the lake, but there is a clear and present danger to getting it wrong. If I fall through by myself I am fucked, hell I'm mostly fucked if there's someone there with me.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds like you should be fine to walk on smaller lakes, especially after this weekend, but if in doubt just wait until you see more people out fishing and stuff. According to the DNR, 4" is safe to walk on. You can also check out weekly ice fishing reports to check on ice levels. I need to make plans for spear fishing now.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

On the boxed wine thing, more and more high-end wines that are being sold in "boating regions" have a box option, because they're easier to store and dispose of on a boat. You can buy some seriously good fucking wine in boxes around here.

18. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So my work is awesome enough to give me two months of paternity leave at full pay which I'm currently utilizing while my wife goes back to work. I've always heard being a stay at home parent is the most difficult job on the world. Truth is, it's actually really boring. But no one talks about that.

I'm used to solving complex problems on the web app I work on. The most complex problem I currently deal with is the dreaded game of "was that a fart or poop?"

Don't get me wrong, it's very rewarding. But I crave some sort of interaction with an adult. I've been doing Mommy and baby classes just so that I get to talk to people. I'm the only dad at the noon swim lessons in case anyone was curious.

The worst thing is when you finally do get to have a conversation with someone and the only thing you have to discuss is that the dog chasing the car makes the baby smile. It weirds me out that people actually enjoy this.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Some projects I've been on, with some teams, I got to do both of those at the same time.

20. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Awwww yeah! I spent the day drinking coffee, wrapping presents and eating chili. Love cold Sundays like this.

I don't think I could ever be a stay at home mom...it would be nonstop kid shit. And then you have to deal with other stay at home moms. No thanks. Reminds me too much of my mother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.