Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

12/9/2016 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Truth be told, my roommates are the assholes that started everything. They're not happy unless they're fueding with someone.

The last neighbors in that house were section 8 and, I guess, drug dealers. I don't know. But the roommates put up security cameras facing into their front yard and back yard. Fair enough if they were actually drug dealers. BUT, when the house was sold to new owners, the assholes refused to take them down, just because. If I bought a house and the neighbor did something like that I'd be pissed off too.

Like I've said before, I've been here 2+ years and I haven't had a single problem with any of the neighbors. My roommates have called the cops/had the cops called on them more times then I can count.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Holy crap, this is way funnier than I thought it would be... almost comical.

Guy throws an aerosol can into a wood-burning stove... what could possible go wrong?

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

It'd be boring. Unless you're into masturbating, farting, and checking myself for ticks.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nerds German cousins?

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

The Master Race.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It looks like the aerosol fireball really just blew embers out. Lucky no one went blind. From my combined four years of German I can tell you, they keep saying, "shhhiiiiit" after the explosion.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I was gonna say that sounds like a fun idea with a few tweaks.

I've tossed paint cans into the burn pit, but only when it the wind wasn't blowing and after I sprayed down everything with a hose outside of the rock barrier. The explosion in that video happened because it was in a small environment relative to the fire it produced, and there was only one way that pressure could go. So it was basically a shaped charge like they use in blasting. Guessing there was very little damage on the other side of the stove. Those guys must have had a death wish staring right at it.

"Safety" is a relative term, but taking reasonable measures to mitigate clear and logical risk means you can still have a lot of fucking fun.

Notice how basically everything in this video could have been avoided if they gave it just slightly more than two seconds of thought:

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If we're posting videos of stupid, this is one of my favorite classics.

This is why having google available everywhere is dangerous. All that screening to get the smartest people on the show and he bombs on their first question. Doesn't even hesitate, that's some confidence there.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meredith Vieira is a dirty old bird:

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm sitting here watching tonight's episode of Cops (long-time guilty pleasure), and a guy in a car takes off, gets trapped, then bails to a foot pursuit. The two cops chase him, and the fucking CAMERA MAN chases down and traps the guy they're chasing, letting the cops catch up and then tackle the guy to the ground.

I found that incredibly fucking hilarious.

The rums and cokes might have helped with that as well.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Did you know that old air cooled VW engine cases are made of magnesium?

We used to do this all the time:

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

When I was in the military doing winter survival training, the sleds that we used were made of magnesium, and we were trained to scrape shavings off of them to start fires. Magnesium is a fun metal.

Mind you, get aluminum hot enough and it will do the same thing.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still probably my all time favorite internet video. Bill OReilly's freakout a close second.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

The awesome thing about magnesium fires is they're white. No yellow/orange....just white. I'd hate to think how hot they actually are.

For some reason that reminds me of shooting WWII armour piercing rounds at a 1930's truck frame. The frame was made into some sort of potato picking machine and definitely thick and strong despite the surface rust. I think we were shooting 30.06 rounds and they went right through it with no problem. It was actually quite frightening that something could go through that.

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

is the whole "beer before liquor, never been sicker" thing true? Because I'm drinking beer, but I think I wanna drink some bourbon.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just drink.

The only time I'd be afraid is when Abneretta drops by with a comment something like... "so, I've been drinking gin, but ran out of mix... does greek yogurt go with gin?"

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Went to the company Christmas party tonight, and besides having to explain two dozen times that I did not bring a +1 and was indeed alone, it was a pretty good time. Between dinner and the gift bag they sent us home with, I probably got at least $400 that I do not intend to pay taxes on.

Of course it does, but I would skip the lime garnish

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The reason that's a common saying is because the more intoxicated you are, obviously the heavier your pour is gonna be. But if you drink liquor first then you get a better handle on a reasonable pour, so by the time you're more heavily intoxicated and likely to over-pour you can switch to beer and the hangover won't be as bad.

Of course, you could also do like I used to do and just drink liquor room temp out of a solo cup until blackout, then put vodka in your beer and tell your wife it's a "german screwdriver." Don't recommend that though. Hangovers were a bitch.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

If you're already drunk, don't worry about it. You'll just be dealing with a hangover of a different degree. Once the hangover is at stage 5 or so it doesn't really matter if it goes to stage 8. It's going to suck either way and you'll barely notice the difference. You'll be to busy praying for death to care which orifice is leaking blood or if your cats are on fire.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After doing a beer only drinking night recently and only having a 24 hour hang over, even though Im following the "primal" diet, Ive switched back to beer only drinking nights. I had been doing the opposite to limit the carbs but I think in the long run the over all calories and carbs will be less if Im not eating like shit for a day and a half longer each week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.