Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2/12/16 VDWDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Christ, at this point I wouldn't be surprised to hear they were filming Fight Club 2 or Forrest: Gump Harder.

2. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Both of those have legitimate print sequels. Fight Club 2 is being printed as a graphic novel. Gump and Co. was published in 1995.

Everything you cherish is a whore.

Come to think of it, the only pure thing I can think of is Norwegian blackmetal so black they purposely try to sound like shit so no one will listen to them.

See Varg of Burzum who burned down a church and wore pieces of his bandmate's skull as jewelry.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I also liked the first, but heard the second is terrible.

It's impossible to hate a movie with the line "Listen to your friend Billy Zane, he knows what he's talking about".

4. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I knew about the Forrest Gump sequel and the author's dispute with the studio, but I have to assume that any Fight Club sequel is a result of Palahniuk realizing that he managed to shit out exactly one golden egg.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You guys are kind of making me concerned that theres a Titanic 2 floating out there somewhere

6. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, now that you mention it. Titanic II, the cruise liner, sets sail in 2018: http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/11/travel/titanic-ii-feat/

I think Citizen Kane is the only piece of work never fucked with. However, it's been parodied and ripped off numerous times. Reminds me, Lethal Weapon is becoming a series. There is probably not one property, with a modicum of success, not being sodomized by producers. There is no end.

His first 5 novels are really good. Then he kept writing the same goddamn books. "Damned" was pretty cute; about a girl mistakenly sent to hell to work in their telemarketing branch. "Pygmy" was half a good book (Chinese spy poses as an exchange student to learn American culture). It is written entirely in broken English. It's funny, then the joke gets old, but then it's funny again, in that cycle until it ends.

7. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still prefer Survivor as far as his books go, but it's unfilmable as a movie. Something about the central conceit of a dude hijacking a plane wouldn't go over well with audiences now a days. Throw in the religious aspect and it would never ever go.

I actually really liked most of the stories in Haunted, even if the central narrative tying them together wasn't that great.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    They've been pimping that fucking thing for the past 10 years. As far as I know, the keel hasn't even been laid yet.

Besides being named after a ship that is the most well known sea disaster in history, which is defiantly shitting on the Cheerios of Neptune, it's supposedly being built in China. And instead of a maiden voyage from England to New York, it's going to travel from China to the Middle East. What could possibly go wrong?

I guess at least it won't be an iceberg this time...

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    One last card related post...I just picked up a bunch of 1951 Bowman cards. Cards from 65 years ago look amazingly similar to cards from 100 years ago. Then Topps came on the scene and upped the game in '52.

Most of the cards I picked up were Philadelphia A's. That always amuses me....Philadelphia. A's.

a's.jpg

a's1.jpg

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I turn 30 today. Doesnt feel like anything and Im not having a crisis.

Shout out to iczorro. #BirthdayBuddies ^_^

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I had what I'd call a successful weekend--put up a dog fence, planted seedlings, did my taxes, hung out with friends, did fire pit stuff. But I can't help feeling like I am forgetting something.

Last night our friends made us conecuh burgers. For those of you not aware, Conecuh sausage is the best sausage that there is. Get some, now. It's sort of a local product (but you can order from their site too). They minced up the sausage really fine and put it in burger meat. The whole thing tasted like sausage. All it needed were grilled pepers and onions. Heaven....

Damn....please excuse me while I clean up...

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The description for that on IMDB is incredible. "when a tsunami hurls an ice berg into the new ship's...." What an incredible piece of writing. I guess what I'm more curious about is who would fund that thinking that it would make money

14. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

31 hit me harder. It felt like I was now "in my thirties" for real as opposed to just toe-dipping.

15. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

For Real. You can go to sleep 30, wake up 31 and all the little details in your life like your apartment, job, car, wardrobe, relationship, etc becomes a bit more glaringly inadequate.

16. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It hit me a little later, around 34 maybe 35. It was when I found myself seriously reflecting on lifestyle choices and what really mattered opposed to what I thought was supposed to matter. There's a lot of truth in jokes about getting off the fashion train, older people still hitting the bars, etc.

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit, I'm 33 with a wife and two kids and I still think and act like a teenager. I dress like a hobo when I'm not working and even when I am, it is minimum required. I still play video games and do other "kid" stuff. I'm just now getting my daughter into Mega Man and old school Mario games. Who knows what'll happen when I'm 40.

18. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With that route, China to the Middle-east, it should have been sunk by pirates. I don't think there is a movie with a cruise ship sunk by pirates, so, also an original idea.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm 35 today, which means I'm officially an adult. I think. Technically. Next year will be the downslope of my 30s, and that will probably bum me out.

20. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Well technically the ship was sunk by the pirates, but that's probably not the worst thing that happened to it.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.