Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2/19/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From everything I've seen it's mostly supposed to stay north of us, might get an inch or two on the north part of town.

Anybody on here ever have LASIK? I'm scheduled for a consult tomorrow and have no idea what to expect. I've had terrible near-sightedness pretty much my whole life. (Like -7.00 in one eye -7.50 in the other) so I'm not sure if there's a limit to how much they can correct, how long the recovery is, etc.

2. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got it about 3 years ago and it is by far the best thing that I've ever done. I went from 20/200 to like 20/25, but I'm also an idiot and learned to compensate early instead of ever getting glasses/contacts so I'm not sure what limits there would be on it. Recovery wasn't bad at all. I went out to lunch straight from the appointment and then just listened to music for a couple of hours with my eyes shut and that was it.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll second LASIK, best damn money I have ever spent, not fucking with glasses and contacts is the best.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The daughter should also show their tits... it's only right.

5. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good old government agencies... The Department of Labor is changing a fiduciary duty rule because, according to them, there is a cost of 17 billion dollars due to bad retirement advice.

On 23.7 TRILLION of assets. That 17 billion is about .07 percent of the total.

Yeah, totally worth changing the practices of the industry bringing in a bunch of new costs plus pricing out lower to middle income folks from getting retirement advice in the first place.

Smooth.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It's the fleecing of America. We do it well.

7. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had PRK which has a longer recovery time, but whichever you get I highly recommend as well. The only regret I have with the surgery is not having done it earlier.

8. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had it done about 12 years ago I think. The difference is amazing and even though it's probably stupid to bargain shop Lasik I did. Both eyes for $1200 and haven't needed contacts or glasses (not even reading glasses since) It has more than paid for itself. I was buying two pairs of glasses (one for work since I was a welder at the time, one for normal wear) and contacts. Probably paid for itself in three years. They must have improved the process since I had it done. The day after was not a lot of fun, nor was the procedure. It wasn't terrible but when I had it done they were still peeling back the lens and that was uncomfortable. Outside of the day after being rough and hard to see I had halos around lights driving at night that gradually got a lot better and were gone within six months. If my eyes ever get bad I'd do it again in a heart beat.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  10. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had LASIK in January of last year, and I would definitely say that it has been worth it. My eyes do become dry more easily now, and I still take over-the-counter eye drops every morning when I wake up, but the positives still outweigh the negatives.

11. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And school has been called for tomorrow, too. If you need me, I'll be getting fucked up drunk to celebrate tonight.

12. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm in Lansing, MI for work and it's ridiculous. And I was supposed to drive home after work. It's been at least an inch an hour since three.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Remember a few months back when I was going on about old Sony cameras that were state of the art 10-12 years ago? Yeah, well I ended up owning 4 of them because...because...because they cost like $50 a piece and they did night vision IR photography. To hunt ghosts. Or mice. Or I was drunk.

Anyways, I picked up a formerly God awfully expensive wide angle lens for them for approximately diddly squat.

This was expensive state of the art shit not very long ago y'all:

[​IMG]

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I knew a guy in college that bought new dishes instead of washing them. Not paper / plastic dishes, but china. But, he was also really rich and a drug addict.

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd do the same with socks if I could afford it. A brand new pair of socks are the best.

17. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

My kid's therapist today is Chinese and is trying to sing Old MacDonald had a farm.

"Oh MacDonno had a fum, E I E I O. And on that fum he has a duck, E I E I O. Wid a crack crack he-ya an a crack crack daya, he-ya a crack, daya a crack, eveewaya a crack crack".

I am dying.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, you taught it to the therapist, first?

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Good God, Mississippi.

"CLAIBORNE COUNTY, Miss. — Two males were injured, and two other people are behind bars after a fight on a school bus early Thursday morning."

"...fight reportedly began between two male students.

During the altercation, one of the boy’s sister jumped into the fight and stabbed the 17-year-old boy with a pair of scissors.

She also accidentally stabbed her brother.

Another sister was also involved"

But wait! It gets better:

"Reportedly seeing the fight, the father of the three students, 37-year-old George Smith Jr, ran onto the bus and pulled out a gun."

WTF?

http://wreg.com/2016/02/25/two-ms-s...r-people-arrested-following-school-bus-brawl/

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Your comforter/quilt looks old enough to have at least a few ghosts in it. Or mice. Or bed bugs... enough to give Kyrie Irving the flu anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.