Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2/19/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Hey, at least he didn't try to sing Creed's famous "With Eyes Wide Open.".... just sayin, coulda been worse.

2. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a Chinese computer engineering professor for a semester who pronounced the word bit in a way that sounded like bitch, and this was a word that came up a lot in lectures. It goes without saying that a room full of mildly clever 20-year-olds got some mileage out of it. I distinctly remember an example we were going over where the design caused one of the bits for one segment of the circuit to be noisy, and she called it a "dirty" bit. She told us that the dirty bit could not be trusted, so we needed to ignore that bit, because it was a useless bit.

I miss college.

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did it in 07. Was -6.25 & -7.00 and corrected to 20/15.

The recovery was easy - just sleep as much as you can and keep your eyes hydrated.

Waking up able to see was one of the most life changing, powerful moments I ever had. I wore glasses from 11-28.

4. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Is anyone watching "Love" on Netflix? It's entertaining. I kind of have a thing for Paul Rust. Lamest crush ever.

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, seems like everybody I've heard from has nothing but good things to say about the procedure. So we'll see (get it? HA!) how it goes. I'm scheduled to have the surgery next Thursday.

Just in case... @Nettdata is there a Text to Speech plugin available for this place?

6. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Husband had PRK done.

Ughhhhhhh experience. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. LASIK was a cakewalk tho. Good luck!

7. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First one was great, second one makes me cringe. Also, what on Earth could that scene be from?

#147 CanisDirus, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To the people that have had LASIK, do you.....take some time getting used to being able to see? If you put on a person's glasses that aren't your prescription, you get that weird everything is slightly off feeling. Is it the same when you are so used to seeing things in one way and then suddenly, without needing glasses, you see things another?

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still marvel at my vision. Especially at night.

The detail is what kills me. I can see texture like I never did prior to surgery. When I saw the veiny patterns on my roses I literally sat down and wept.

Friends got us a beer of the month subscription for Christmas. This has been my favorite gift almost ever. The UPS guy shows up and I have a free twelve pack.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To any of you that had LASIK, were you nearsighted or farsighted?
    I'm farsighted and I was under the impression that LASIK was a lot more likely to have long lasting success with nearsighted people.

11. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone posted this today on a CyTube channel as its heading. I'm blown away. We're in the black.

[​IMG]

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Humira.
    1) I just saw a commercial for this where they go on and on about how it treats rheumatoid arthritis. And, then, later, on a different channel, an ad for Humira, and how it treats psoriasis. And, then, a whole new commercial Humira for moderate to severe Chrohn's disease. Am I confused, or did I see that right?
    2) Why does the voice over pronounce it hu-merha? Shouldn't it be hu-my-ra or hu-meera? Isn't that just a made up brand name? If they wanted to pronounce it that way, why didn't they just spell it with an "e?"

Weird.

14. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My doctor offered me Wellbutrin a couple weeks ago... for ADHD. Umm isn't that an antidepressant? (It is, and not much of one - I've taken it) And people have told me they were prescribed it to quit smoking. (I also smoked on it for years, so it doesn't work for that, either). I kindly refused to take it and she gave me something else.

What I don't get is why people take some of these medicines with crazy side effects. It's like "We're sorry you have this condition but we'd love for you to take our medication and we have to disclose that it may kill you faster." What happened to the normal side effects?

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Normal? Like, hot dog fingers?

16. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think those are all autoimmune disorders, so it makes sense if Humira is an immunosuppressant, but I imagine something that generalized probably has some nasty side effects. You know, like having no immune system.

17. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since Fuller House hit Netflix last night, I'm hoping for a Full House themed WDT.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I want to fuck Kimmy Gibbler into a coma.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That makes sense, I guess. I know nothing about marketing drugs, but it would seem that they would give it a different name in each commercial, since they're targeting different markets. The doctors already know what it does. Otherwise, it seems like it water down the brand - like that dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding that used Windex for everything. "Arthritis? Humira." "Ulcer? Try Humira." "Itchy eyes? Ask, your doctor about Humira." If they wanted to keep the same name, they could've even had Humira - R, Humira - P and Humira - C or something like that.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Will it feature nude photos of Lori Loughlin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.