Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2/24/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Fixed that for ya.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Neither do I. The only dates I remember are my birthdate, Christmas, my twins bday, and the 4th of July

3. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

It's not that I remember the date. I remember where I was living, etc around that time. Like the specific roommate who thought I was a crackhead for loling so hard over the thundercats thread.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know since my mom passed I've noticed a lack of posting of pics of women in skimpy lingerie. I need someone to pick up and carry that torch. Since her passing, yea, I just can't shoulder that responsibility anymore

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Don't remember the date either. Nor do I remember how I found it. I just remember that I was 15 because I was starting to get into sports writing then and really liked the way tucker wrote his stories, as far as their style, how they flowed, and how he was using the website as basically his own publication. Half decade later I parlayed those lessons into full media credentials for what was then the fledgling sports blogging industry, but unfortunately I never got a chance to pursue that since the brain tumor happened right after and fucked up everything. And the board was just funny as shit to a 15 year old.

I also remember listening to this song a lot around that time.

As you can tell my decisions at that time were suspect.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think every freshman dorm experience can be calculated by the music hits of the day. Chingy's Holidea In and GET LOW GET LOW GET LOW, TO THE WINDOWS, TO THE WALLS, TO THE SWEAT DDROP DOWN MY BAAWWWHHLLLS!

7. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

And now you've reminded me of high school parties at The Triangle (the intersection of three gravel roads) and Crooked Bridge (a bridge on a crooked gravel road.)

Now THAT is the most Missouri thing I've ever posted.

8. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Oh, and FFA State Convention where I snuck into the room of a bunch of guys from a different school. My first boobie thread-esque experience was flashing their video camera.

I was not a smart person when I was a junior in high school. Or now for that matter, but especially then.

ETA: How weird is it that songs can remind you of things you've completely forgotten? I made a playlist of popular songs from when I was in high school for my 10 year reunion a few years ago and it's hilarious the memories that it brings up.

#188 abneretta, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I swear there was a kid a class ahead of me that thought the lyrics were "oh what a drum" rather than "so what I'm drunk." That made our algebra 2 class much more entertaining than our teacher would have preferred.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

There are people in the work force right now who do not remember when this came out:

There are legal adults who know Carson Daly as host of The Voice and not as host of TRL. Hell I remember entering comments on the TRL website and hoping they'd get played during the music videos. That would have been the ultimate bragging rights. And people would have taken my word for it, because I didn't have a camera to take a picture of the tv with for proof.

12. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I mentioned Freddie Prinze Jr. in conversation the other day and my friend had no idea who I was talking about. I've never felt as old as I did during that conversation as I was trying to explain to her who he was.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I made a princess diana death joke the other day to my wife and she didn't know who that was. Fuck I remember exactly where I was when she died. I was like 9 or 10, just sat in front of the tv like "oh shit." Of course I was a nerdy little fucker, but still, that's pretty basic. I was in an airport a few years later when JFK thought he was flying a sea plane.

And did we ever learn who let the dogs out?

14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Was all about watching TRL play the same shitty videos every day. Because OF COURSE you need to hear/watch "Bye, Bye, Bye" every single day for weeks.

15. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Our school mascot is the bulldogs. They played that damn song at every football game. But to answer your question, no. It remains a mystery to this day.

I can't talk nostalgia without mentioning Nelly. I'm 98% certain I was in the 8th grade when this album dropped but it holds up (because of nostalgia.)

16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I popped into a college bar on Saturday with some random people because I was curious how the scene is out here. Remember that these bars are 3 blocks from my place and I'd never been there so I wanted to see how bad it could be.

Pretty sure everyone thought I was a NARC or a UC

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

LUDA!!!!

Also Bubba Sparxxx is like if toytoy and Larry the Cable Guy had a kid.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My faith in this new generation was affirmed when I was at a bar next to campus and the shitty dj put on Molly Cyrus by the one and only Stitches. The girls went nuts. Warmed the cockles of my heart.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Well, were you able to gather any information? Don't leave me hanging.

Just to represent all the music genres, we can't forget the hit country of my high school years.

(I'm purposely ignoring Kenny Chesney, though I have seen him in concert.)

20. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What'd I find out? College bars are always the same no matter what generation. Big open sticky floors, crappy music, and watered down drinks. It will never change. 300 years from now college bars will still be like that.

That and I can never go to those bars by myself without being the old creepy guy, regardless if I'm there having one by myself or getting hammered and hitting on the girls. Just by being there solo, I will be the old creepy guy, there is no other way it can be........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.