Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2/24/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

If you love dogs and especially baseball, you'll appreciate this. Tissue warning for the cryers. I did.

And PS I'm sure some of you have already seen it, but not all.

2. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny, this popped up in my feed recently:
    Street dogs retrieve balls during tennis tournament

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A win for the WDT. MInnesota will soon pass a law allowing liquor sales on Sundays.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Anyone care to explain the reasoning behind those laws? I never understood it. In Texas you can't buy liquor on Sundays and you have to wait until noon on Sunday's to get beer.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Blue Laws. Theyre in place because you should be in church praising Jesus on Sunday instead of indulging your vices, according to Puritans.

6. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Helpful hints.
    Apparently you not only need to wash your hands after grinding chilli before touching your eyes, it's also recommended to do so before going to the toilet. Even if after a taste test of the, now, ground chilli doesn't give any discernible burning sensation to the tongue, other portions of the anatomy are significantly more sensitive.
    This warning may also be applicable to anyone who plays with pepper sprays or stores them in a front pocket.
    (vaste amounts of cold water and soap produced the best result as far as removing the source of intense pain. Alcohol and milk were considered but, with the time factor involved, they were ruled out. There was also the thought of being stuck in a bottle of booze or milk to be considered)

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I once cut up habaneros and went to take a leak. Pure agony. I had to take a bath to get some relief.

Blue laws are just stupid things people keep on the books because they're a hassle to take off no one really thinks they do anything, they're just leftovers from prohibition.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was prepping peppers for the bacon jalapeƱos for thanksgiving one year and touched my face.

Immediate regret. Worst sensation ever, and that includes walking through the gas chamber.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jack Daniel's is made in a dry county.

You guys have some weirdos in your nation. All they do here is charge us almost three times as much as you guys pay.

The moral of story is that if you can't buy booze on Sunday, don't complain. At least you can afford it, and don't have to drive a distance to buy it at a special store.

Although Wal-Mart now has beer here. But you can't buy anything bigger than a six-pack *rolls eyes*

10. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You want weird blue laws? Check out our Mormon friends in Utah. I lived in Colorado a long long time and never really understood them. I knew however, when driving back SD through there to buy beer at the last gas stop in Nevada.

Beautiful state, fucking weird state

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard that the biggest opponents to the no booze on Sunday laws are actually the liquor stores, since they know people will just stock up early so they're better off not having to pay people to staff the store one day a week.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I see your spicy pepper (which I've also done) and raise you a trojan "fire and ice" condom.

Apparently I'm allergic to them or it was a bad batch or something, because after a few minutes it felt like my dick was getting a tattoo all over. I ran into the shower because I guess that's just your natural instinct to burning stuff go away. "Run it under water." "Stop drop and roll." "Red means stop and green means go." "Stacy's mom has got it going on." These things have been drilled into you since elementary school. Yeah, shower was a mistake. Hindsight being 20/20 and all, I should have been perfectly fine with my dick feeling like it was laying in a bed of lava. Because once water entered the equation, my ball sack felt like I was tea bagging into a vat of smoking hot oil. I would have rather raw dogged a prickly pear cactus.

I'd stopped drinking at this point in my life, but I immediately opened a room temperature bottle of my wife's champagne and started drinking. I downed the entire thing in few minutes, clutching my balls and trembling in fear of the horror I just experienced. Meanwhile, my wife laughed at me and played a certain james taylor song on fucking repeat. Once I emptied the bottle, I refilled it with my tears.

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That sounds like bullshit to me. Really how much are they paying a cashier? Compare that to the revenue a couple cases of beer or wine bring in, and yea, I don't buy that.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe you put int on inside out, no idea why you'd want icy hot inside a condom

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About time. It's one of those laws that has been on the books for a long time after most people started thinking the blue laws are stupid.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Without the Blue Laws, stores compete against each other for whether or not to be open on Sunday. Otherwise, everyone is closed on Sunday. Then, they can sell the same amount of goods in 6 days that they could sell in 7. The one cashier you think they'd pay may also now be on overtime pay, or bumping into enough hours to meet full time. Or, since many of the liquor store owners work there, now they have to come in on their day off. The profit margin at liquor stores is not so big that they aren't looking for every nickel. I'm sure that factors in as much as God not wanting you to buy liquor on Sunday, or God wanting your employees to go to church.

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went to church for the first time in three years on Sunday. Apparently God wants me to turn of my iphone or something. I'm not quite sure, I was checking women out most the time in addition to trying to process what happened with my mom

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure of the whole economics of it but my friend talked his in laws into closing their store once the county it was in changed to allowing non liquor establishments the right to sell beer and such. The state licensed stores basically had a monopoly on all alcohol sales. Once every gas station could sell beer their business went tits up.

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every road to progress takes on a few casualties.

20. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And that makes sense. In Minni, only liquor stores can sell liquor. It makes sense that small liquor stores would support bills that sustain the status quo because once competition increases they're likely to lose money.

I can understand that liquor stores support the Sunday ban because they're worried about the grocery stores and gas stations getting into the game. If I can get good beer and liquor at Publix or wherever, why would I go to a liquor store?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.