Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2/5/2016 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I do a duck ravioli in a marsala wine sauce. Ridiculous. Take some duck confit, mix it with mashed potato, fill wanton wrappers. The sauce is just a shallot, garlic, marsala wine, stock, and butter. Lobster, marscapone, and herbs in a pomodoro is also tits.

The frozen ravioli are pretty good, but I like making my own filling. Pun intended? I don't even know anymore.

2. Malignity

Malignity
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Chili chocolate has become more popular here in the UK over the last few years, so jalapeño isn't such a shock.

3. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Before I started working at my current job, one guy the resident prankster(you don't eat anything he offers you), brought in ghost pepper chocolate and just left it on the counter. Anything that is left on the counter is meant for everyone to eat, so people started walking in and eating it. Was supposed to be really interesting to watch.

Chili dark chocolate is great, just a little bit of spice, so good.

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to have some bitchy college roommates who'd help themselves to your food if you weren't around but GOD FORBID you ask for anything. So, I started leaving innocent-looking habanero jack cheese out for them. Hilarious and effective.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a roommate my last year who was notorious for it. He was a good dude overall, but his food poaching was legendary. A common tactic would be not buying peanut butter but helping himself to everyone else's. And not for sandwiches, just forkfuls to nom on. He once was busted because he tapped into an unopened a jar of mine and there were blatant fork marks on the top. He doubled down and claimed innocence. We started unscrewing the lids of his 2 liters of Diet Coke and he'd be confused why his soda went flat so fast.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My locker partner in my senior year of high school used to steal shit from me so I de-sleeved a pack of Trident and replaced it with laxative gum. She took the whole damn things d played dumb, despite it was a LOCKER.

Didn't see her for three days after she stole the gum it was fucking beautiful, she never would admit the reason she was gone for three days was having an asshole filled with magma. A thief is a thief so fuck her.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Is it too late to add Twitter to the dead pool picks? I don't think you could get a more pathetic group of pussy chucklefucks to run a major social media site.

image.jpg

10. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Twitter had no business going public. People had no business even buying it. Go back a year, the price line looks like descending stairs. What's your plan, guys? "Well we're going to see tens of millions in revenue on the backs of retards typing brain farts and clicking on ads. Except there won't even be ads. You're small minded, can't you SEE THE POSSIBILITIES?" I imagine this scenario crescendoed by a long, whistling fart. See also GoPro, Fitbit, LinkedIn. LinkedIn shed over 50% last week. People must have lost billions on that one alone. And it won't came back. Ever.

11. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fitbit has what? Maybe two or three years of viable business ahead before Apple and Samsung have fully integrated fitbit-type software in to their wearables with all of the same functionality?

12. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that eventually one of those two will buy Fitbit and the other will buy Garmin. The brands and patents have value.

13. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As far as I'm concerned, they already have. It's just a matter of how much vested interests want to lose. Hell, even Google is working on a similar device. Apple did a disservice to themselves not milking that student athlete who used the I-phone to pre-diagnose a mortal heart disorder during his workout. That should have ended Fitbit right there.

I don't think any of the big boys will buy Fitbit or Garmin because they already have products using similar technology. GoPro might have a shot.

As the next generation of cities and homes are built, I believe a handful of companies are going to thrive. They will be the basis of infrastructure and home living. Google, Apple, ATT, Amazon, the larger solar companies like First Solar. Maybe even FB if they can expand past ad revenue to develop a real communication product. Google's pipeline is f'n insane. If they can pull it off, they'll be the first trillion dollar company. Net services, wiring, cars, personal devices, cloud services. It's very exciting. The next 50 years will begin to look like Star Trek.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If Twitter is dying, then here is the bullet to the head (I am NOT making this shit up) The "Twitter Trust And Safety Council" has been hired by Twitter's fucktit CEO to "protect our users from dangerous posts". Jesus Christ. See if you can guess who they hired:
    image.jpg

oh look, it's con artist retards Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian. Does the woman on the right look familiar? That's Megan Phelps, who throughout her life has been a beacon of tolerance and trust:

image.jpg

Braaaaaaaaavo.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The liquor store I usually go to apparently ordered way too many of the Canadian Club Christmas gift sets, and is now selling them at a pretty healthy discount. Now, they could have very easily opened the box and put the bottle in with the other identical fifths of CC, but I am perfectly happy to help them burn through their inventory by paying less than $10 and being given a rocks glass for my trouble.

16. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or, you were about to about to paint your greatest masterpiece

17. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still find Chelsey Clinton to have equine characteristics and wish she would not poison my HD tv

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Christ, when she was a kid she had a face that would scare a ghost. Was hoping I'd never have to se that shit again.

19. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bill knows he can still slay though, he wants back in the whitehouse

20. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About 15 years ago she came in where I worked and I made an ass of myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.