Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010-2011 NBA Regular Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Parker, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last I read, he was at his family doctor getting treatment for his facial injuries. He had to have shit his pants when he found out who just went upside his head.

Their kind? Cops? Hispanics? Hispanic cops? I mean it was Miami Beach.

If you were LeBron's mom, wouldn't you be drunk at 4:45am on a Thursday morning on South Beach?

She laid the golden egg when she was 17. Those first 8 or 9 years had to be sketchy, but as soon as he started dunking on guys, she was set for life.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

He was and has since been released.

I have no idea what she meant. Still not a good thing to say to a cop no matter what she meant.

Well yeah but I'd know better than to slap a bitch. I have some class and culture ya know.

3. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is partially why I've never liked LeBron's mom. Everything I read and hear about her almost suggests that this is her exact mindset. It's like she's living off her son's success in the same stupid way Kim Kardashian is living off of her father's. "My baby's taking his talents to South Beach. NOW FUCK ALL OF YOU! I'M GLORIA JAMES, BITCH!"

Her striking resemblance to Rick James certainly doesn't help her case, either. "Just try to arrest me, Darkness!"

4. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

By the way, was it ever confirmed whether Delonte West actually had an affair with LeBron's mom? I always assumed it was some silly rumor to explain why LeBron mailed in his playoff performance last year and later left Cleveland, but seeing her in the news reminded me of that. I usually don't follow sports rumors, especially when they pertain to things off the court/field, and ESPECIALLY when it involves anything sexual involving Delonte West and/or Gloria James. So I just ignored it.

5. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you haven't seen it already, Deadspin has the police report.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed that for you. I do think Delonte fucked his mom, because it was one of those things that came out, then got hushed up quickly. Remember this happened while LeBron was still a media darling.

Something is fishy about the Lakers. I'm suspecting Phil is trying to pull a fast one by having people stumble into the playoffs and letting their guard down. No I didn't see the games, but this is something he'd do. I think their first few playoff games are going to be won by under 5 points, then they get to the conference finals and light up whoever is there.

Sad thing is that you guys watch those Bulls highlights and you don't hear Stacey King shouting shit like we do in Chicago which makes everything D Rose 10x better.

If you're not dying laughing after number 1. You have no soul.

And the Bulls are the 1 seed.

#486 Parker, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's never been confirmed, but it is fun to where my altered "James" jersey to "West-James" to home games.

James' mom is a piece of work. Does anybody remember his high school "career"?

She and he were always better than everybody else.

8. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Considering he grew up without a father, his mother is a violent, psychotic nutjob, and the fact that he has been worshipped as a living God since the age of 14, I'm actually VERY positively impressed by LeBron's current level of maturity, intelligence, and overall demeanor.

He's merely a typical selfish, arrogant athlete, no worse.

9. greenman

greenman
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=6303762is an ESPNinsider article which asks Chris Broussard and Ric Bucher whether they would take LeBron James or Derrick Rose as the cornerstone of a franchise. The answer is not surprising, they split with CB taking LeBron and RB taking Rose. However, the real issue that struck me was that Chris Broussard thinks LeBron has only gotten to about 85% of the player he could be based on talent and Ric Bucher goes so low as 75%.

I know that LeBron is just entering his prime and so 85-90% sounds reasonable to me, but I really don't understand how anyone can honestly think he has only gotten 75% of what he could have out of his talent. Are they really expecting him to average a triple double? Is this some kind of backlash from the hype that has surrounded him since junior high school? I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about this.

10. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder how often Wade gets tired of living in James' shadow.

Personally, I think he's just as good as Lebron with half the attitude.

I'm also stoked for his Jordan series shoes to come out next month.

11. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I respect how they're trying to emulate what the Celtics did, dynamic is so much different in Boston. I've never heard anyone suggest that either Pierce or Garnett is living in the other one's shadow. But yeah, a lesser player probably would have cracked right now, possibly even going public with his displeasure. Not D-Wade. Man's so cool he could sell Coke to polar bears!

Yeah, that's the best I got...

12. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The main difference being that while all three in Boston were still good, they were undeniably in the tail end of their respective careers. Hell, one or two of them might have retired by now if those trades hadn't been made. Being relatively close to retirement, so they had a sense of urgency that isn't the same for Wade (who has a ring) and James (who has a lot of playing left in him).

Also, none of them are big enough stars (or, for that matter, individually good enough) to cast the type of shadow that LeBron James would.

13. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

True. The situations are vastly different. Still, I wonder if it could have some negative consequences over time. There's less urgency, but still has to be somewhat frustrating.

14. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You also have to factor in the NBA's max contract because guys basically can only make so much money, therefore where and with whom you play is almost as important and how much.

And I think today's players have been subject to the old "Would you rather be Charles Barkley (one of the 50 greatest players but 0 rings) or Robert Horry (decent complimentary player but has 7 championships)"?

LeBron has established himself as one of the greatest players in the NBA, so the only thing missing for him is a ring.

Bosh is never going to be considered one of the best players in the game, so the only thing he has to look forward to is a ring.

I think we will be seeing a lot more Big 3 situations in the years to come.

15. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Is Adam Morrison still on the Lakers? What the hell happened to him? I figured he would be more successful than JJ Redick because he was more of a shooter but I've never actually seen him play. I wonder if he really cares that he was a bust. He's made $20 million and has 2 championship rings. Not bad for someone who does nothing for a living.

16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For all the hullabaloo when the Knicks were losing, people are being awfully quiet about them winning 7 straight. It's part of the reason that I am anxious about the Celtics being in third. While I think the Sixers are not particularly talented and have overachieved by a fair bit this year, the Knicks have potential to be very dangerous for a couple of games. While I'm not suggesting they'll beat the Celtics, I wouldn't be surprised to see them put up a fight like the Hawks of a few years ago.

Although, I acknowledge that in many ways the style of the 76ers is closer to that of the Hawks of 2008.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think he's even in the league anymore. After the Lakers cut him that was it. He was useless. Not even the Bobcats wanted him back. Very sad.

The thing about the Big 3 in Boston also is that those guys were all on islands, they were broken men with the exception of Allen who had occasional help year to year. Their egos were pretty much tampered down and they realized "Shit isn't going to happen here." As someone said before, Wade has a ring and Bosh wasn't at KG status to sit and realize "I'm fucked with no help."

I think LBJ could have won a ring in Cleveland if it wasn't for the fact Mike Brown was his coach. I'm saying this and I don't even like LBJ like that. The way that team meshed together, if they had someone who could change game plans and coach it'd be a different story.

And I was going to post earlier, but I had to be checked into a hospital after a near heart attack after the Bulls-Magic game. Jameer must have been pissed. Rose's response to the question "How did you feel when he took that shot?" was hilarious. He said and not verbatim "I knew he wasn't going to make it." "How did you know?" "I know basketball, and with 2 seconds left, he dribbled too much to get the shot off." I love the cocky response even though Nelson need .15 seconds more.

18. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can somebody please explain to me what the Celtics were thinking in last night's game?

Did they just give up on the #2 seed after Sunday's loss?

19. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of the Bobcats...<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6336690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6336690</a>

LOL WUT

20. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, what do you expect Paul to say? "No, I would never consider joining the Bobcats. Have you seen them play? Did you see them trade away their sole All Star?" In today's media savvy NBA, there's no way he's saying that to anyone holding a mic.

Pretty much. I don't care if he has a ring. Every so often, Doc Rivers seems to really want to remind us that he's not a particularly bright guy.

If you haven't seen it...Von Wafer had one of the worst plays I have ever seen last night against the Wizards while the Celtics were mailing it in. Really, watch it. It's incredible, just not in a good way.