Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JR17, May 26, 2010.

1. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wesley Sneijder is the best kept fucking secret (along with Asamoah Gyan)

2. Costello

Costello
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Both teams were pretty shambolic, but that game is a perfect example of how exciting the World Cup can be. The Dutch were scrappy, Brazil didn't take their chances and Felipe Melo probably won't be allowed back into his own country.

3. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With the way he played this past season for Inter, I have no idea how but you're right. Between him and Robben, Real has to feel pretty fucking stupid.

4. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Does Richard Kingson claim the title of best keeper in the tournament? In 2002 it was the genius Oliver Kahn, and in 2006 it was the slick Gianluigi Buffon. If Kingson can get the Ghanans through this unscathed...

5. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wow, way to fuck up, Gyan!!!

EDIT: Complete choke job in penalties

6. Pato

Pato
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Fucking Uruguay can go suck a dick. 120th minute and Soares stops a definite goal with his fucking hands? Complete lack or sportsmanship and fair play. Fuck Uruguay. That pissed me right off.

7. Costello

Costello
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I feel terribly for Ghana, and Gyan especially, but you sort of have to admire Uruguay's persistence and guile: they pretty much had the whole world rooting against them. That said, Suarez can fuck himself - blatant cheating to prevent an otherwise certain goal, and the fact that he could play in the final just seems wrong.

8. Pato

Pato
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It's funny how my views with the Netherlands changed in a timespan of 8 hours. Now I want them to absolutely demolish in their next game. Fucking Uruguay.

9. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Someone on another message board likened it to a cornerback taking pass interference penalty to stop a WR who would have otherwise caught the winning TD on the last play of the game. The offense gets one more shot on the 1 yard line, but the defense can rise up and stop it.

Greasy? Abso-fucking-lutely. But, a shred of genius lies within. Gyan should have taken 5 more seconds to calm himself, then bury the first penalty.

Damn, I'm pissed. I cannot recall one instance of a team I was rooting for pulling it out in penalty kicks.

10. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

How anyone can be mad at Suarez is ridiculous. He made a very smart play with the "do anything to win" attitude and it just so happened to work out.

And plus, FUCK GHANA. Little bitches rolling around the field against the US. I wanted them to lose 8-0 to Uruguay, but this is even better now.

11. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This.

I don't get the outrage either. He effectively sacrificed himself to prevent certain elimination for his team on what would have been the last play of the game. The fact that it only gave Uruguay even the slimmest chances of advancing and it paid off (the announcers said something on the order of 85% of PKs are converted) makes it even more impressive.

He did what he had to do to keep his team in the game, was punished for it within the rules, and Ghana blew the golden opportunity they still had to win the game. Not to mention the fact that they could have won it on penalties (One-step run up? Seriously?)

12. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yes, yes, yes! Fuck Yeah! We won, we actually won.
    You have no idea how this feels. Beating Brazil from the brink of death. Watching the game with a couple of thousand people in the beating sun in a square in Amsterdam. I don't have the words for it. On another note, I'm extremely drunk, but that's besides the point.

Yes, Brazil deserved to go two, three goals up during the first half. But during half-time, we discovered we had some balls after all and made their life a living hell. We got back from a goal behind, they couldn't do that, and after that we should've scored a bunch of times. All things considered, the best side won. Although we didn't show all the fancy moves, we showed some heart and willpower, which counted for so much more in the end.

This was a classic, I'm still fucking pumped and I can't believed we pulled it off. Especially like this. We beat teams with beautiful football, but never with a team-spirit like this. I believe the Dutch can go all the way. Then it's time to sink some boats in the canals over here.

13. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Sneijder was OUTSTANDING in the second half- the pressure he exerted on the Brazil midfield and defence was massive. He was ably assisted by van Bommel's endless tackling, but the Man of the Match award should go to Bert van Marwijk - the coach did an exemplary job of rallying his troops after Brazil were pounding the Dutch defence for much of the first half. Robben was also brilliant at drawing the fouls - I hope he isn't too badly hurt by Melo's disgusting stamp.

Dunga's workman-like and largely unimpressive Brazil team (similar to the team he played with in 1994) deserved to come short - that 2-1 win over North Korea was simply not good enough, considering both Ivory Coast and Portugal thrashed N.Korea. That's what you get for leaving Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato out of your final WC squad. Dunga relied on 2 players who are not on their best form as the main attacking threat - Kaka hasn't looked that great yet at Real Madrid (largely being outplayed by Captain Spit Cristiano Ronaldo) and Robinho has been thrown aside by Manchester City due to inconsistency. Fuck Luis Fabiano too - he's a one-trick pony and wouldn't be anywhere near the starting line-up if anyone better was available. The next coach needs to change things up.

Fuck you too Ghana - Asamoah Gyan is an arrogant cunt - he thought he'd won the match before taking that penalty. The commentators/pundits we're stuck with on TV here (George Weah, some idiot Ghanaian "analyst" and Jay-Jay Okocha) just kept looking for excuses as to why Ghana had failed - there was little praise coming from them for Uruguay, who showed unbreakable team spirit in the face of huge odds. Suarez must now be a be a national hero in Uruguay for his actions. Whomever wins the semi-final between Netherlands and Uruguay will be a worthy finalist.

14. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Fuck!!! There goes my bracket. I thought this was gonna be close but Germany is rocking Argentina.

15. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I wonder if Klose will be scoring goals at the Cup in 2022. And if this Univision announcer will still be yelling GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL around then? Bless him, he makes the game better despite me not understanding a damn thing he says.

Not so cocky now, hmmmm, Maradona?

European soccer proves that it's still the best.

16. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If Germany keeps this up against Spain they may just take the cup this year. Argentina Seems like they have given up now.

Its a shame Mueller wont be in the next game he is one hell of a player.

17. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Momma, there goes that man again!!!

18. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    No, Germany fucking RAPED Argentina. Maradona was shown up to be a useless muppet of a coach (which we all knew, anyway). Why the fuck wasn't Veron used to try plug the holes in midfield? Demichelis is simply too slow to be effective. Aguero looked useless and Messi has had continuous trouble with the Jabulani ball. I think Germany will have WAY more difficulty progressing against Spain, a team with an excellent midfield. No disrespect to Paraguay, but I don't think they have much of a chance against the Spanish. The difficulty factor is raised for Germany also because of Müller's yellow card.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The last time Germany beat a country that badly it was Poland.

20. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Two penalties awarded back to back!
    This is fucking nuts!

Paraguay striker misses his, Alonso drills the first, but people jumped offsides...

Alonso has to take a second!...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnddddddddd ITS BLOCKED! All hell is breaking loose. I'm so glad I stayed in to watch this.

Edit: David FUCKING Villa!