Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JR17, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was surprised Izzo had a shot taken that left so much time on the clock. I guess he just told him that if he got an open look to pop!

Awesome, awesome ending best game of the tourny right there.

2. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

For you State fans out there, there is much fun to be had in the meltdown occurring on the Maryland Terps message boards. Check it out:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.insidemdsports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insidemdsports.com/forums/fo ... ay.php?f=3</a>

What a game. I was ready to hurl an axe at a kitten with that lead dissipating, and Korie "Turnover" Lucious comes through for the win at the buzzer. Too fucking good, life couldn't be any better right now.

Bring on... Northern Iowa!!!!

3. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's hilarious! They were all like, 'we deserved to win', 'fuck Lucious', 'fat ass Green' and 'they got lucky with all those three's'. Awesome. What a bunch of butt-hurt little pussies. We won. We had more points at the end of the game. I'm not even gonna mention that we had our top three pt shooter and awesome d-man Chris Allen out for the game, and had Lucas drop before the second half, and Ray getting elbowed in the mouth breaking off half his tooth (that shit was awesome, you could see it flying through the air)...and we still won!! I want to post something on there just to point out the facts outlining how we are better and that we won.

4. captainwoj

captainwoj
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Well, Pitt made their annual 2nd/3rd round exit from the tournament. Although, given that they weren't expected to make the field of 65 at the beginning of the year, and ended up a 3-seed (overrated a bit, IMO), I guess they had a pretty good year. Hopefully the kids they have playing now can build on this experience for next year. Seems like every year they run into a superstar who's able to take a team on his back (Scottie Reynolds last year, Jordan Crawford this year), but rarely seem to have one of their own. Oh well.

5. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Is anyone betting on the sweet 16? Kansas state -2.5 at the half, seems like a good bet, right? They're obviously the more superior team. And I can't tell about the Cornell Kentucky game, I think either Cornell wins a close one or Kentucky wins by 40.

6. CheeseNips

CheeseNips
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I go to Drake, in Des Moines. Originally from MN. I cannot tell you how many Iowans have been screaming about how great UNI is, and how awesome Iowa is as a state. Please, do us all a favor and go get hit by a train. Love, the Non-Hick states.
    Doesn't help that I had Kansas winning the whole thing...fuck.

/rant.

7. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Holy fuckin' Moses this K-State game is aging me. What a war.

8. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That shot was sick. He was almost at half court.

Jesus, what a game. That could easily have been the Championship game and no one would have complained over lack of awesome.

9. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

"This kid is good enough to be a motor city madman!"

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Could there have been a better man to announce this game than Gus Johnson?

On a weaker note, holy fuck Len Elmore sucks ass. Ive always hated him and pairing him with Gus just cheapens Gus's tournament awesomeness. Elmore won't stop talking and he is always droning on about pointless shit.

11. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

No matter where MSU is ranked, they are always somehow the under dogs. And I love how every big team in the midwest regional went down before the finals - Georgetown, Kansas, Maryland and Ohio State. I guess the road to the final four is going to be easier than I thought.

Can't wait to take on that slimeball Bruce Pearl. Too bad ESPN cant broadcast this game and get more awkward interviews with him and Erin Andrews. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjzLyLs5sg8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjzLyLs5sg8</a>

12. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FINAL FOUR BITCHES!!! 2ND YEAR IN A ROW, 6TH SINCE 1999!!!!

13. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You all can suck my dick. Michigan State is running show.

14. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah and KENTUCKY MOTHERFUCKING LOST!!! I go on a two day trip without TV and come back to

1) WVU and Butler whooping much ass

2) Literally 1.8 seconds left in a 70-69 MSU lead over Tennessee

Goddamn it, what a tourney this has been.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After watching yesterday's games (yes, I'm looking at you, Jacob Pullen) and Baylor today, it's amazing how eager college players are to take bad three pointers. Early in the shot clock, 5 feet behind the arch, etc.

16. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You called it for sure. I had my doubts when Lucas got hurt that we would even win that game. But holy hell have the Spartans stepped up all over. I just loved how all the announcers were pining over the Vols, talking them up like they were some cinderella team and that MSU's offense was no match for their D, and more than half the replays being shown are from Tenn points. Suck it bitches!!

17. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as I hate to say it, I was wrong. But, did you see Michigan State get beat by my Gophers in the B10 tourney? They looked fucking awful. I thought there was no way they would make the E8 (especially in that regional) let alone the F4; and if I had to pick the bracket again I still wouldn't pick Michigan State. I will say this though, that regional (and entire tourney) got a gigantic break when UNI took out Kansas.

This is why I love March Madness. Two 5 seeds making the F4? Who would have predicted that? At least the other two regionals were somewhat predictable.

18. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You should know two things by now, my fellow big ten fan. One, you never bet against Izzo in March. And two, you can always bet against Izzo in the Big Ten Tournament. Has he ever won that fucking thing? And does he ever even look like he cares? Maybe someday Izzo and the Spartans will coast their way though the BTT, in the meantime, he puts every ounce of emphasis on the NCAA tournament, every year. Rankings, titles, whatever, none of that has EVER mattered to him, and you can never take that as a sign of his performance in March.

On a semi-related note, it's that time a year again when us Spartan fans get to enjoy... hiring rumors! This year it's the Nike shills on the west coast and their Soprano-esque Phil Knight, trying to vie away Izzo with the biggest contract ever offered a college head coach at $4 million/year. Let the debating and speculation begin, until Izzo announces that he's not going anywhere. Just like every year. (I'd offer a link here but it's all over the news, just look).

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, look at next years lineup. The only two we're losing are Ray and Dahlman. Ray is inconsistent most of the time and Dahlman doesn't play. We're going to have a monster team and it's going to be a kick-ass season. And I love all the rumors that Izzo is going to sign with some NBA or other college team, they always make me laugh. He loves this team, program, and fan base and wouldn't change it for any amount of money. Dickie V said it best when he said we should erect a statue of Izzo next to the Magic one outside the Breslin Center.

20. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think Diablo and I are the only two guys who post on this thread anymore, but here we go - almost two hours away from the Final Four. Butler's gettin a whoopin soon.