Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JR17, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Possibly, but we'll see later tonight. I can't wait for 5pm (CT), State's gonna work it!!!

2. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never, EVER start a sentence with those words ever again.

"UNC! DUKE! UNC! DUKE! DOES ANYBODY CARE ABOUT WHAT I SAY ANY MORE? UNC! DUKE! HOW THE FUCK AM I STILL EMPLOYED??? DIAPER DANDY BAY-BAYYYYYYY!!!!!"

3. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait until ESPN buys the rights to the tournament. Who do you think is going to be doing the Final Four and Final? That's right BAYBEEEEEEEEEE. Fuck.

4. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

5. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll second that. Well played Spartans, well played.

6. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

DUKE is back in the national title game. They are just so methodical in their dismantling of teams. It's incredible. They have great guard play and extremely versatile post men that they can rotate. It should be one hell of a game Monday night. I can't wait.

LET'S GO DUKE!!!!

7. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is going to be the whitest final ever.

Go Dawgs!

8. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What a woeful performance by WVU and you have to feel bad for D. Butler. Man I fucking hate Duke. I was making hotel reservations for a buddy's wedding during the game and she asked what I was watching. Somehow, she asked the question: Why don't you like Duke? To which I replied: Ma'am, I don't have that kind of time.

I'm the biggest Butler fan I know.

9. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

All I ever keep hearing is how hellishly annoying the Butler fans were in Indy this weekend. As in, they make Buckeye fans seem civil. Now they're playing Duke in the national championship? I am going to root for an asteroid to hit the stadium and kill everyone.

I like Butler and I like their coach (even though I hate em), but the reports I'm getting from personnel in Indy of their encounters with these insufferable Butler fans has got my blood boiling. Everywhere they go they won't shut up, and they're doing it by invading your personal space and not stopping until they incite a reaction out of you. Well, I guess when you've never been there before and your only loyalty for all these years is IU and PU it's pretty much a given you act like an obnoxious douchebag once you win, fucking assholes.

Here's the part every year where I say, "We're gonna be so much stronger next year." I thought the preseason #2 ranking was a bit high, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were that high or even *gasp* #1 going into next year. This is a tough team that overcame a lot, I can see their swagger going up coming in to next season.

For your viewing pleasure, a little dissension among the ranks within the MSU side of the ball. "I helped your dumbass!"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQj6vivlgMI&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQj6vivl ... r_embedded</a>

10. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed that for you.

Also winner, winner, chicken dinner in the brackets! Aww yeah.

11. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just turned into the biggest Butler fan because I can't stand seeing Duke win. And they're not even that good this year! They only have 3 players. The other ones just take up space on the court; it's amazing how efficient their offense is though. Gotta give them credit for hitting every 3 pointer.

12. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Want some more reasons?

Their star player is named LaceDarius. If that isn't an awesome black name, I don't know what is.
    One of their players number is 13. Why? Because his middle name is Friday.

13. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You're describing Baylor which is the complete opposite of Butler. While Baylor has the LaceDarius' of the world, Butler has 9 or 10 white boys from the middle of America knocking down mid range jumpers and running pick and rolls.

14. aotke1110

aotke1110
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Have you watched any of the Butler games? They start 3 black guys. Norad and Veasley are some of the best perimeter defenders in the tourney. And Mack can drive on anyone. Needless to say it is still going to be very hard for them to compete with Duke's size and defend the 3 without getting into foul trouble.

15. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I like my version better where Jimmy Chitwood is starting.

16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm an idiot who no read good and has been in the Soviet bloc for a week. Carry on.

And yeah, the guy above me is right. The second best player (Selvin Mack) for Butler is black.

17. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Were this any other team, they would be applauded for all that is/should be "right" in college basketball. That being, a team of mostly upperclassmen role players* (* I do not think that any of the "3" are superstars in the way of Duke's past) who do their job. A steadying senior point guard who has been among the national leaders in assist-to-turnover ratio, who can also shoot the lights out. An athletic wing who can score in bunches, to play next to a versatile 3man who can play inside-out. And a collection of versatile posts -- ranging from the bruising seniors to the ultra-athletic freshman -- who rebound, defend, and do the dirty work down low.

But, no, this is Duke ... so fuck them, I know.

In relation to tonight's game, I think one of the big keys is going to be the post-perimeter defense, most notably that of the Plumlee brothers. On the ball screens, they've done a great job being able to hedge on the screens while still being able to get back and defend the roll or pop. This is going to be especially true when they run those screen and rolls with Hayward, and someone other than Singler is matched up with him. The Plumlees add a versatility like that that Duke hasn't had in their post for a while.

18. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So was it Kalin Lucas or Korey Lucious that made you hate Duke?

19. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Holy shit. I don't know if the championship game could be any better. Fucking wow.

20. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously, what an absofuckinlutely great game. Atta be, Duke.