Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Football September Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Tom Ato, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dunno if anyone follows D2 college sports but UMD[U of Minnesota - Duluth] is on the way to back to back football championships and is ranked #1 in the country. What's even cooler I think is that UMD also has the #1 hockey team in the country. I live very close to Duluth and commute daily through the city and think it's awesome that a smaller school like this is #1 in the country in 2 major sports programs.

2. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

With Boise St. losing last week, I'd like to see Auburn beat South Carolina. Then I want to see Oregon destroy Auburn in the NC.

I really like Lattimore, and Alshon Jeffery is a beast, but it's tough to think the Gamecocks have enough firepower to win. Plus, Garcia has been known to screw things up.

Does anyone like South Carolina's chances?

3. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think South Carolina has a good chance. They led Auburn in their first meeting and lost by a touchdown while playing in Auburn. This game is on a neutral site and it might be tough for Auburn to get up for two big games in a row.

4. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If Garcia can avoid Nick Fairley and lob it deep to Jeffrey, Sakerlina has a 50-50 shot at winning, maybe better. When the two teams first played this year, stupid fumbles cost the GCocks big in the 4th quarter...they can't do that shit again.

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Containing Cam Newton wouldn't hurt either. He single handedly beat them last time.

6. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not gonna lie, I thought UofO was going to get 54-7 over OSU, I might be mistaken. Interesting game so far.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fucking fail! How do you let that happen?

8. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Auburn dominated, as to be expected.

I'm excited to see Newton cry when they face Oregon.

9. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Alright perfect season for my Ducks! Onto the BCS bowl. I wish I could have watched the game today, stupid drill.

10. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It will be an interesting matchup between Auburn and Oregon. I think the Ducks have the better team, but Cam Newton seems to be the type of player that can win a game by himself. Oregon can't screw around in the first half; it has to play a complete game.

11. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with Sereno. I think the Ducks are the better team, I think they have played a touger schedule and I think they better be ready to play two complete halves as Cam Newton could Vince Young them if they play like USC did in 2004 Rose Bowl.

12. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, I know it was a mega down year, but it's hard to bet against the SEC in championship games these days. What has it been, four or five straight? And like you said, Scam Newton could pull a W out of his ass.

13. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nevada Reno just accepted a bid for the Kraft Bowl at ATT Park on January 9, 2011 against a yet to be named ACC team. Yep I will be there. Colin Kaepernick went to the high school where my twins will be going next year. I have watched the kid since pop warner and he is really fun to watch.

14. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???? Dude....

15. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

They're about equal SOS-wise. The PAC-10 is a hell of a lot better than people give it credit for and I'm going to enjoy Oregon laying the pipe on Auburn next month.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like the ducks too, but a strength of schedule argument is pretty thin. What Oregon really has going for them is that they crushed Stanford in the second half, and against a bunch of decent/mediocre teams they've only looked vulnerable against Cal. You can't really match those victories against LSU, Arkansas, Alabama, and South Carolina twice. That's just the way the pac 10 is this year. They have 2 great teams, and then a steaming pile of euphemisms like 'competitive'. Fuck, Oregon better win the title because the SEC masturbation in the aftermath would be.... well, we've all seen it before.

17. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goddamn. Way to completely hose us BCS. Real f-in nice.

On a lighter note (kinda), we play Bama in the Capital One bowl. I have no idea how they game will turn out, I just know bama lost it towards the end of the season and we got lucky a few times. As much as I don't want to say it, I just don't think we're going to do well in this New years game. I love my team as much as anyone loves their alma mater, but I just don't know. I'm hoping with all my heart that we can pull it together and get the W...

Screw that...Capital One Bowl, here we come, watch out Bama, we got something to prove!! Go Green, Go White!!!

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

That Ducks/Beavers game was fucking nuts. I have never, ever seen a first quater like that one. It was like being on a seesaw. Up, we got the ball!!!! Down, we lost the ball. Up, we got the ball back!!!! Down, we lost it again. Three times in the first 2 minutes or so and I don't know how many in the entire quater. It was crazy.

I was relieved when it all settled down and that the Ducks got the job done.

Hey Auburn and Cam Newton, are ya ready for a rumble?

19. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

How?

You all can put it in writing, Auburn is going to crush Oregon. By at least 20 points. I don't know where you get off thinking the Ducks have a chance. As much as I want them to win, as much as I like Chip Kelly, as much as I hate the fucking SEC winning the goddamn championship every year and that horseshit Cam Newton ducking his pay-for-play allegations, Oregon will not pull this one out.

I'll come back here and eat crow if I'm wrong, but I won't be. Watch.

Oh, and go Green.

20. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If we can take advantage of auburn's poor pass defense we have a great chance. We stop Cam Newton thats the game right there. As Oregon proved to USC and the rest of the college football world we are not just a 2 man team built on rushing we can go to the air and do the same damage. I want Oregon to win obviously and I am hoping we can pull this off.