Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Football September Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Tom Ato, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like Boise St is out. Despite the fact that they beat Hawaii by a similar score there's no chance they can jump TCU after the beating they laid down on Utah. It'd be funny if Oregon lost to Arizona and Auburn to Alabama. Who would they choose for the title game then? Certainly not two teams from non-bcs conferences, but I'm not sure what the criteria would be. Wisconsin maybe? Ok, don't want to get too far ahead of myself. What an awesome season.

2. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Auburn could still make it in if they lose a close game to Alabama. Depends on how far they drop in the human polls.

But let's face it, I don't think Oregon is going to lose to Arizona. If for some reason Auburn drops 2 games and Oregon drops a game. Then I think a TCU-Boise State championship is a legitimate possibility.

3. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just cannot believe that the BCS would ever let TCU and Boise play for a national championship even if every other team had two losses and they were both undefeated. The Rose Bowl is obligated to play a BCS buster team if their is one this year. That means right now it would be TCU against the Big Ten champion. I do not think that would be a very good promotion for Big Ten football as I think TCU could potentially give them a huge beat down.

The BCS is not obligated to take more than one BCS buster. Boise could wind up having to be on a second tier bowl. I personally think it would be shame as I think after the last three years there are people who are aware of Boise and they could get some pretty good ratings for say Boise vs LSU. Alabama has had enough of BCU busters after getting beaten down by Utah a few years back.

Lastly, I have to say I was shocked by the beating TCU laid on Utah. I thought Utah would win that game. I admit, that I had not had the opportunity to see TCU play much this year and I have seen a few Utah games. I think right now TCU does deserve to be ranked above Boise. Too bad we will probably not have the opportunity to see either TCU or Boise play in the Championship game.

4. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

#144 Tom Ato, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The NC game I still want to see is Oregon-Boise St. I just don't think Auburn or TCU can compete with the Ducks. Hopefully Darron Thomas will remain healthy. The Ducks would have probably won it all if Dennis Dixon hadn't been injured in 2007.

6. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The only problem with that would be the entire SEC yelling after "We would have beaten either team if we didn't have to go through this incredibly tough schedule since our conference is so much better than everyone else and we should be playing in the NFL not the NCAA."

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let them. If Auburn loses I don't want to see them in the national championship. Give us the best match up and leave all that other shit off the field. Assuming Auburn does finish with a perfect regular season, I'm OK with it. Just pissed off there's no playoff and at the BCS in general. I have to say too, my opinion has changed as the season goes on. I don't think Auburn can beat the ducks.

Speaking of Auburn, shouldn't we be talking about this?

My favorite part:

8. gocougs750

gocougs750
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Anyone see the Vegas line for Auburn Georgia move about nine points and then get pulled?

9. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boise State and Idaho tonight at 9pm eastern time. It is on one of the ESPN channels. Fresno State against Reno tomorrow. The winner of that game is the only one who can prevent Boise from winning the WAC.

10. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Boise will easily defeat all 3 of these teams its almost pointless to watch.

11. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I predict that Cam Newton will sit out tomorrow and his father will admit to taking money.

12. TwoTooFar

TwoTooFar
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My Gators play South Carolina for the east division tonight. It's absolutely insane to think that Florida has three losses and is competing with, of all teams, South Carolina for a birth in the SECCG. My how the east has fallen.

If we get there, I don't care who represents the west. After this year's performance, going to Atlanta would be an accomplishment. However, whipping FSU's ass is a high priority. Not only do those bitches deserve nothing good in their lives, there's some serious recruiting battles going on that could be decided by that game. Gotta keep the momentum.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Oh man, just a second. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

14. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Watching Penn State do some work on the Buckeyes, once again proving to me how overrated OSU really is.

15. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You were saying......?

16. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Got off work just in time to watch my Ducks game. Sorry Cal but this game is a no brainer.

17. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sorry for the double post but damn that was a crazy game between Oregon anc Cal.

18. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And with 10 minutes left in the USC-Arizona game, Washington State has the highest points scored in the PAC-10 this week.

Sucks to be Oregon State, sitting at 4-5 with USC, Stanford and Oregon to close out the season.

19. Polarfsu

Polarfsu
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I was going to post something like that I hope FSU beats the smirks off of all the over hyped, over valued gator fans this year, but it seems South Carolina beat us to it. God I hope FSU wins, I'm sick of seeing more gay gator claps at half time then FSU chops. I'm just hoping they keep Ponder out and EJ in. Heisman my ass.

Also, little bit drinky drunk. 55 year field goal, suck it physics.

20. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boise State at home against Fresno State at 10:30pm tonight. Fresno State is a solid team that probably would be a middle ACC or Big East team. I think this should be a pretty good judge on how Well Boise is playing right now. If they blow out Fresno from the get go, then they probably could do that to anyone. I am hoping Fresno can stay with them for at least a half and maybe give Reno some insight on how to beat Boise next week.