Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

There's a dedicated thread for this.

2. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, right. They're still the New York Jets. I almost forgot.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no problem with the play of Cutler or Hanie. I do have a problem with Mike Martz being an arrogant dickhead. 3 and 4, after you showed rush before the timeout, and you call a reverse? Fuck you. You are not smarter and more clever than everyone else in the league. His problem all season long has been going away from whats working. It happened on the final drive, and it happened on Cutler's pick in the first. When you are killing them with the short passing game, stay with it. So frustrated. All the credit in the world to Hanie. He came in during a bad situation and played the best he ever has as a pro. The pick to Raji was bad, but his strike to Knox was a fucking needle. Sucks to go out like that.

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here is what really bugged me about the end of that game. The Bears get the ball, start running a no-huddle, quick strike offense, and Hanie is killing it. He was chucking it left and right, completing passes, and all around doing great. It looked, for all intents and purposes, like all the pressure was on the defense, and Hanie was killing it.

What happens when the Bears get the ball back? Do they stick with a quick strike no-huddle that was working well? Fuck no, they start to huddle up, giving the Packers time to send in subs.

Here is the other thing I don't understand now, and I won't understand. Hanie threw two interceptions, yet he will spend the entire off season being hailed as the savior in Chicago, the hero, the guy who can take them to the superbowl. Training camp starts, and in the pre-season, they'll scream for Hanie. The second anything even remotely goes wrong next year, they'll scream and moan and cry for Hanie.

That is, if they even play next season.

5. jay r n

jay r n
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Thank you baby jeezy/ guy that gave me the link. It makes my heart warm and fuzzy to watch rex ryan flip in the fourth.

6. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have Cutler and Hanie. My team has Clausen. Cry me a goddamn motherfucking river.

Super Bowl. Go Pack. I get how the idiot masses gravitate toward a winning team. I'm actually happy for anyone who's actually from Pittsburgh, who has a reason to root for such a great franchise. But no fanbase should be spoiled with three Super Bowls in six years, when you have people from Cleveland and San Francisco and New York who are dedicated, lifelong fans who haven't even tasted the big game. Also, most of your fans are gay ass bandwagoners who couldn't name a player from the 90s if they tried. Fuck you, Pittsburgh.

7. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Niners have won five Super Bowls. Pretty sure they got a taste.

8. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same old Jets.

Hell of a comeback in the second half, but when you put yourself in that kinda hole going into halftime, it's gonna take a hell of an effort to pull out the win. When the running game we've relied on all year can't fucking convert 4th and 1's (on the goal line or to keep drives alive) and the defense can't get a fucking stop in the last two minutes with the game on the line, we don't deserve to win.

Also, Shotty should be fucking embarrassed with the shit he was calling in the first half. Like father like son, I guess.

I know there are a bunch of positives to take from this season (not the least of which is that the Pats won't win the Super Bowl) but I'm too drunk to care about em right now..

Go Pack Go

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to mention the Giants won the Super Bowl 3 years ago, so I think New York is ok.

And I find it comical to suggest that the Bears have some bounty of QBs just cause Hanie played alright.

10. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Go ahead and tell any fucking Jets fan that 42 years should be somehow mitigated because the Giants won that Super Bowl. Yes, they beat the Pats and I'm eternally grateful for it, but to suggest that we've been somehow placated by their success is a fucking joke.

Gotta admit he was better than Todd Collins though. I was pulling for the Bears that whole fourth quarter just to see if Lovie would have the balls to start Hanie in the Super Bowl. Because Cutler is (and will always continue to be) fucking worthless.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ow Yeah well we got Carson Palmer! Ow wait he wants out of this fucking loser franchise?! Damn at least we have is brother as back up! Im failing to see a way that we don't suck balls for the foreseeable future. I fucking hate the Steelers too but have absolutely no room to talk shit when the Bengals have been consistently fucking shitty for 2 decades. As for fans, Steelers fans are by far the worst of any division rival we have.

12. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The most popular guy on any football team is the backup QB.

Hanie cam in and looked impressive for a guy that was playing against a prevent defense and had no preparation for the game, but I doubt there will be much of a Qb controversy in Chicago.

That is unless Cutler has a tough time recovering this offseason.

What is the normal recovery time for a sprained vagina?

13. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No. Fuck you.

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a Vikings fan. We haven't been in the dance since before I was born in '81.

Fuck both Superbowl Teams. I wish there was a way they could both lose.

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! Rodgers looked like a robot out there the first series. Pure awesome. My two friends that are loudmouthed Bears fans fucking smacked talked all weekend right up until kickoff, strangely enough my phone went silent.

Holy fuck. I know I had moments late in the regular season when I doubted that they'd make it to the playoffs, I wasn't even thinking this. I take it all back and then some. They shut me up.

The Bears looked like shit almost the entire game with the exception of Haine. I thought Urlacher was going to have a stroke.

Time for the Packers take Pitts fucking stupidass terrible towels and wipe their asses with them.

GO PACK GO!!!

16. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're saying Cutler has a sprained MCL. There's no way he should have tried to finish the game if it meant throwing every pass off his back foot. Plus, if he couldn't scramble it would just be a matter of guessing which of the piss-poor lineman allowed the hit that tore the MCL completely.

Of course Hanie looked good, he was tossing dump-offs against a prevent defense and they simplified the offense for him. He wasn't running Martz's "I'm smarter than everyone else" plays that never develop because the line can't stop a three man rush and the wide receivers would all be special-teamers on most other teams. When Martz was doing well he had Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt, and Orlando Pace in their primes.

The real reason the Bears lost was the fact that the Packers averaged 5.7 yards per offensive snap. Everyone wanted to talk about how great Chicago's defense was all last week, even though they're ranked 20th against the pass.

17. tgill

tgill
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

There will be absolutley no qb controversy in Chicago. I don't know any Bears fans who want or expects Hanie to start next year. I am sure there are probably some meatheads out there but the overwhelming majority of people know that Cutler will be our starting qb next year. Why Hanie was behind Todd Collins is a question that really needs to be answered. Collins showed earlier in the year that he did not belong in the NFL, yet Lovie and Martz trotted him out and killed any momentum the Bears had after the Urlacher pick.

Part of the reason that I like Cutler is because he does not give a fuck what people think about him. Good or bad he really doesn't give a shit what the fans, media, or opposing players think/say. People questioning his toughness are wrong. He has been sacked 100 times over the last two years, probably knocked down 1000 times and he has always gotten up and has never thrown his o-line, coaches, or any of his teammates under the bus for sucking. He is a tough dude. I just wish he played better in the 1st half.

As much as I hate to admit it, the Packers are better than the Bears. Whatever. Go Steelers.

18. gocougs750

gocougs750
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

If Roethlisberger has his way with the packers defense will all the game film mysteriously disappear?

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I normally keep a pretty low profile in this thread, if for no other reason the ratio of men to women but I have to speak up here. So dude, because your Bears lost you're jumping the division and going to root for the fucking Steelers? I don't get it. I have a friend that is doing the exact same thing. I just can't wrap my brain around that.

20. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What`s not to get? I`m a lifelong Browns` fan, and I root for anybody playing against Pittsburgh. Even when the Ravens play the Steelers, I`m on board with Flacco and Company. If Mr. Favre and the Vikes were playing next Sunday, would you be sporting purple?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.