Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

As you know shegirl, i'm a huge packers fan. If the Bears had won and were playing the Steelers other than wishing for a meteor to hit the stadium or me killing myself, I'd be rooting for the Steelers, why? Because fuck the bears, that's why.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Totally different situation and not for them, for him.

To each his own.

Oh and hey Mr. Jones, what's with your funky apostrophes?

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

*double post*

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find it amusing that MikeNess wrote a very long post about how the packers couldn't go anywhere in the playoffs and then completely ceased posting after the eagles lost. Anyway, it's nice to finally have a QB that doesn't fall apart in the big games. Rodgers didn't play particularly well on Sunday, but overall he's been phenomenal in the playoffs and it wasn't a terrible showing either. The first pick definitely wasn't on him. I guess I won't hate on Favre too much since he did win a super bowl, but I think any legit QB could have won with the team we had that year, and ever since then he's sucked really hard in the playoffs.

The packers are actually favored over the steelers (by 2.5, so not much) and I have to admit that's a little surprising. Personally I root for the NFC north teams when the packers are out. My situation might be a little different though since half my family are bears fans and I lived in Minnesota so long. Plus, anything positive for the lions is nice to see. Still, I think you have to support the division, you want it to be the best in the NFL. Packers are looking good. Must be the meth, right Trakiel?

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I just realized you're right, he has disappeared. Puss.

Rodgers basically walked the team right into the end zone in what, five plays I believe, during that first series. My jaw dropped because he literally made it look effortless. He seemed a bit off kilter the rest of the game. I hope he finds that zone in Dallas.

I don't know that I'm all that comfortable with them being favored.

6. tgill

tgill
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I root for the Bears, not for a division.

Should I only root for NFC teams in the Superbowl too? After all the Bears are in the NFC.

Each fan can root for whoever they want, but I will never cheer for the Packers unless it somehow benefits the Bears chances of making the playoffs.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

*sniffsniff* I can smell the bitter. No need to have pissy undertones but I suppose I'd be pretty damn pissy if the game had gone the other way.

I never said anyone should or shouldn't root for whoever they want, I said in this situation I didn't understand the whys.

8. tgill

tgill
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Not being pissy. Explaining why I don't root for a divison which in my opinion is just stupid.

I guess Urlacher is being pissy too.

His assessment of the Packers in the Super Bowl: ‘‘I hope they get pounded, how about that? I got a lot of respect for the Packers. I got a ton of respect for the Packers and what they try to do over there. But I want them to lose. They’re our rival. I don’t want them to win.’’

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Well no shit. If I were him I'd feel the exact same way. I thought he was going to stroke out Sunday. I looked at my friend and said, "Don't really want to piss him off." The very next play is the one he picked off. His line fell apart and the veins in his neck began popping out.

10. tgill

tgill
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Minus out the stroke and the freakish athletic size/ability and Urlacher speaks for probably about 95% of Chicago with that quote.

Sunday sucked as a Bears fan. It was a winnable game. But ultimately I think the better team won. It happens.

11. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a Lions fan, I might have rooted for the Bears in the super bowl because the NFC North thing (It might have been more to see Pitt lose though because my old roommate is a huge Steelers fan). But, as a Lions fan, I say fuck the Packers, even though they're in the NFC North.

I suppose I should hate the Bears and Packers equally, but there's just something about the damn Cheeseheads. As a side note it's strange to see shegirl talk about cheeseheads with a positive connotation, because in and around Detroit it is definitely a derogatory term.

12. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm kind of the same way. If the Lions were in it, I'd root for them to win it all. If it were the Bears or Vikings though I would root against them no matter who they played.

13. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If the Lions were in it, I'd definitely root for them.

But rooting for the Bears/Vikings is like a Red Sox fan wanting the Yankees to win the World Series because they're in the AL East. Does.Not.Compute.

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish they could both lose, but I won't be rooting for the serial rapist.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fischer gets fired.

I really think this is a horrible move. The titans problems aren't because of Fischer. He's had a lot of success there, and while he was unable to win a super bowl it wasn't really on him. I'm going to laugh if the titans do even worse next season. I think this franchise might be a long way from success. If Fischer wants another head coaching job he'll be able to find one relatively soon, within the next year or two. He's a lot better than many coaches in this league.

Edit: Completely unrelated, but does anyone know if Al Davis is expected to die soon? I saw him in a news conference a couple days ago and he looked so bad I almost threw up. I kept expecting the skin to fall right off his body. He can't last much longer.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

A friend of mine said exactly the same thing, that he looked terrible and had bandages all over his face. I didn't see it but it sounded bad so you very well may be right.

17. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

From Jan. 18th.

Attached Files:

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

My God. I can't even tell that's him. What the fuck is wrong with him? I'm queazy now.

19. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

He looks like the Cryptkeeper

[​IMG]

20. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Davis looks like a Death Knight from Warcraft 2/3. All he needs is the skeletal horse.

In that first pic, I'm half-expecting him to cast some horrific spell that'll burn people's skin off, which then enables him to regenerate himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.