Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011-12 NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Durej, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What game are you watching?

In related news anyone want to play for a top 5 ranked NCAAF team? Transfer on over to Boise St. I'm sure most of you can at least kick an extra point. Jesus.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One that's the equivalent of watching a sixth grader beat up on a third grader, but the announcers act like he just knocked out Tyson. I had to change the channel because it was making me depressed.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok buddy, this is also the team that beat Georgia already and another team that only lost to Ohio St by 5. Moore went 32/43 for 455 and 5 tds, and I counted at least five dropped passes. I guess he has an almost 70% completion percentage throughout his career, one of the most insane td/int ratios, and is going to become the winningest QB in college history because...
    yeah Boise St does play against weak competition, but he's still one of the best college QBs out there. I don't know what kind of nfl interest he'll draw. My guess is he'll be a mid-round pick, but I have no idea how you see him hitting every throw and call it terrible.

4. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Syracuse and Pitt apply to join the ACC. ACC is expected to give their response within a day or two. With the way these things seem to go, schools don't really apply unless there have already been talks and they're already sure to get in.

As a Pitt fan, I like the move. The Big East is rather weak in terms of football, and while the ACC isn't exactly a powerhouse every year, it seems to have more to offer than the Big East even with the addition of TCU.

My only hope is that WVU comes along as well for rivalry reasons. I know that they could continue it by scheduling each other as an annual non-conference game (like Iowa and Iowa State), but Joe Paterno's vendetta against scheduling Pitt has taught me not to take it for granted.

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really think Nebraska might be a top five team if they replaced their QB. Don't really know much about their options though. Martinez is having one of his better games today and thus far he still hasn't even completed 50% of his passes. If he can't throw on teams like Chattanooga and Fresno St he's really going to struggle once the big ten schedule starts. Being a Wisconsin fan, this does make me kind of happy though, seeing as Nebraska is the toughest barrier to a big ten title and a BCS bowl berth --- maybe even a BCS title game berth.

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For anyone who doesn't know, you can watch NCAA football online on ESPN3.com. From what I understand, you can even stream it to your phone, but you have to have your cable network account info. I went to ESPN3.com tonight and I'm watching the 'Bama game, didn't need to sign up or anything.

Great for those of you who want to follow a specific team when it's not a nationally televised game.

7. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Thats what I do with my xbox.

8. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am worried about what is going to happen to UConn. They have a new president and an interim athletic director and need to get into one of the super conferences that are being created. I personally hope that the ACC is going to go to 16 teams and UConn is one of the teams.

9. Polarfsu

Polarfsu
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Sigh...I honestly thought FSU could pull it out, good game though. Maybe next year.

10. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While beating UGA is normally impressive, they are looking rather inept this year. At least right now they are.

11. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is an article about Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski's reaction to the announcement. Most of it is about how Pitt and Syracuse add to the depth of the ACC's basketball prestige, and that Coach K would prefer they expand up to 16 teams to form a basketball conference with 2 divisions of 8 teams each.

The article also contains a blurb that the ACC is considering adding Rutgers and UConn (discussed further here). This would make sense as that would pretty much give the ACC the entire television market for NYC and New England.

The other rumor is that West Virginia has been talking with the SEC. This would make sense as it's not really desirable to take both Pitt and WVU since their TV markets overlap to a great degree.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're getting some pretty good games today now that most team are finished with their cake walk early season. I actually expect Clemson to beat Florida St, but not because Florida St is missing their starting QB. From What I've seen of Manuel the guy can't hit a pass that travels further than 5 yards.
    I'm pretty sure we're going to see a big 12 vs SEC title game. The big ten and pac 12 only have 2 good teams each, at least that's the way it looks now. Running the table won't let them leap schools like Alabama and Oklahoma if they do the same. Speaking of the big ten, can anyone challenge Wisconsin other than Nebraska? Ohio St got beat down hard by Miami, Penn St is mediocre again like they've been the past few years(minus one season), Iowa is in an off year, and Michigan St go blown out by Notre dame, which is just sad. Oh yeah there's Michigan too, but we all know they suck.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Serious Question. If Clemson can do this to Florida St is Oklahoma really a top five team? We'll see how this game develops, but I'm not so sure Oklahoma really deserves their ranking. Alabama would kill them in my opinion. Also, where the hell is everyone today? Are you all watching at the bars? I'm talking to myself here.

I'll say it again, this Clemson team is very legit.

14. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have people here shampooing our carpets, and they are working in every frickin' room with a TV. I have to either stream it on my laptop or check the score on my phone.

Luckily, I turned on the stream from cbs right when 'Bama had the INT return for a TD.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why does Wisconsin schedule these stupid teams like South Dakota. I know they want to pad their record, but come on. There's probably high school teams that can beat South Dakota. At least the played Oregon St. It turns out they suck this year, but they're often ranked.

Oklahoma being #1 is a joke. If Clemson scores again, and they probably will they'll have put up twice as many points as the sooners did. Does that sound like a #1 team to you? I really hope Oklahoma doesn't make the title game. They'll lose by 30 points and it will be the worst title game since... well since two years ago, but still I don't want to watch that shit. Please give Boise St or Wisconsin a chance. I think they would both beat Oklahoma.

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

How is Texas A&M ranked 8th? They look like shit.

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well to be fair they are playing a team ranked 7th and are only down by 3. They could still win this game. I agree somewhat though, they won't be a top ten team at the end of the season.

I'm falling in love with Clemson. If they can win next week against Virginia tech this will be one of the coolest underdog stories college football has had in awhile. I know this is cliche, but that team plays with a lot of heart.

Edit: With Miami losing to Kansas St Ohio St is looking really bad. This is worst team they've had in a long, long time.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why are college football coaches so bad? West Virginia could have had the ball with 2:20 left instead of 1:34 if they would use one of their 3 timeouts. I mean that's about as basic as it gets and it's a huge difference.

Now they're letting the play clock run down to 8 seconds while the game clock runs. For fuck's sake wake up West Virginia. You could have had enough time to get a td on this drive if you didn't manage the game like you have down's syndrome. Now you might not even have enough time for a field goal.

Edit: Never mind, it's easier to just give the ball to LSU apparently. I guess the hole wasn't deep enough.

19. palmettosc

palmettosc
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I hope you die in a fire.

20. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is anyone else watching the Bama-Florida game? I still want to know what the hell happened on that Florida fumble that somehow turned into a timeout.