Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011-12 NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Durej, Sep 1, 2011.

1. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Had that Outback Bowl been anymore dramatic, I might have undergone cardiac arrest. You think I'm joking, but I'm not. That was a fantastic, fucking thrilling finish, for anyone. Props to the Bulldogs, I've always considered them a solid program.

Now I may be making an immensely homer call here, but I think Michigan State was involved in three of the most exciting football games this year. The first two Wisky/MSU games went down to the wire - one on a hail mary - and they just pulled off a three overtime thriller in the Outback Bowl to Georgia. Am I wrong? There may be one or two other games that rank up there this year in terms of sheer drama.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brilliant way to end the game there Wisconsin. Between the fumble and spike ending the game my blood is boiling. Hopefully Stanford and Oklahoma St will live up to hype.

3. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should send all my medical bills to the MSU Athletics Dept. I'm pretty sure I was in cardiac arrest for a good number of our games this year. My life expectancy definitely got shortened by at least 5 years...

4. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One hour away...

Picks? Predictions?

The only thing I will predict is that Sandusky/Penn State will be brought up too much.

5. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I predict that HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE, HONEY BADGER DON'T GIVE A SHIT!

Who am I kidding? I haven't watched a college game in 2 years. Not kidding about that, at all. But the highlights of this Mathieu guy has me intrigued. I've always been partial to cornerbacks.

6. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

I wonder why Saban takes Richardson out in LSU territory as was just pointed out. Gamesmanship? Brain aneurysm?

7. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just had Tim Tebow call God and ask, even God said, "Man, I have no fuckin' idea."

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder if the car that guy already won was worth embarrassing himself on national television like that. How do you not even manage to kick all 5 balls? Also, I think hotwheelz could kick a better field goal.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aaaaaand goodbye college football.

Call me when Georgia is in another bowl game like their last one or there's a Goddamned playoff.

Seriously, fuck this game.

10. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

I'd love to know why Jefferson is still in there. I'd also love to know why LSU does stupid shit like run the fullback up the middle on 3rd and 3.

11. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was the best defensive performance I've ever seen in a college football game.

12. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Why do I keep seeing shit on my news feed about how this was the worst championship game ever? People are idiots.

13. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alabama played great defense, but the game was by and large rather boring. It didn't give us an undisputed national champion (at least in the eyes of some), it didn't prove who the best team in the country is, and it didn't entertain that much. Most of this is the fault of the BCS system and not the game itself. Nevertheless, if the game doesn't do one of the three things I mentioned, I have a hard time seeing why they even have one. (Except for making money of course).

Worst BCS Championship Game ever? I wouldn't say that. It has to compete with USC's thumping of Oklahoma and the Ohio State losses afterall.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

This is what I want to know. That guy fucking sucked in every aspect of the game yet everytime they retook possession he stepped back onto the field. Shit even the fans were booing him and the shitty coaching that lead to him staying in the entire game.

That game stunk but the pure awesome that was this years bowl series makes up for it.

15. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Hell, I like LSU, but I went to bed at halftime in disgust. If they refused to admit that they were going absolutely NOWHERE on offense with Jefferson, then I refused to watch as they went down in flames.

Kudos to Alabama, who's defense was friggin' top notch and who's offense was clicking for the most part. But there is no way in hell that a team can hope to win the national championship if they don't have a QB that they can trust to throw the ball more than 5 yards down field. Wait, I know! Lets run another option play! I wanted to puke every time they talked about the athleticism of Jefferson and what a great runner he is. He might be the worst option QB I've ever seen. Add to that the fact that he make Tim Tebow look as accurate as Drew Brees, and you can understand why every single LSU fan in existence is pissed today.

And I don't think Lee is the best thing ever, but why he was never even given a snap in this game or the SEC championship game, I'll never know.

It'll be nice to see what Mettenberger does next year when he runs a VERY similar team.

16. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A lot of people don't realize this and look at the game as boring. There were some amazing individual efforts on defense; the one that comes directly to mind was Upshaw playing both the QB and RB on the option to the left in the first half. It is very rare to see that kind of athletic ability in a man of that size and strength. Upshaw, in this game, proved he is the best LB in college football in my mind. That is one example by one guy, there are a lot of guys who will be playing on Sunday in the next few years on that D.....not to mention from LSU as well.

Overall, this game just show that if Bama had a kicker show up for the first match up they would have won the game handily.

17. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It didn't help that Jefferson never squared his shoulders, the entire night, to try and make the LB bite on the play. Not. One. Damn. Time.

18. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Interesting stat:

Out of the 35 Bowl Games...

...LSU was the only team that didn't score. No other bowl game was a shut out.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/feed/2011-10/lsualabama/story/even-with-playoff-coming-sec-still-big-winner-lsu-alabama-national-title-game?eadid=EL/SICOM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... d=EL/SICOM</a>

Playoffs?
    "It gets done".

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We've been fucked over for so long and other news agencies (espn,yahoo,etc) aren't reporting this yet so I'm still skeptical. My fingers are crossed.

If they're going to do this, do it right. At least 8 teams should be in the playoffs, 16 would be better. One game after the bowls might as well be the same thing we have now. If they pull that shit and try to act like they did this to give fans what they want I'll quit watching. Cold. No joke.