Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Czechvodkabaron, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've watched Mike Brown coach over the years and he knew how to call 5 plays. The LeBron James play. The King James play. The LBJ Play. The Chosen One play, and the "Everyone get the fuck out of LeBron's way" play. I give it a week before Kobe eats his soul.

Brian Shaw should talk to the Clippers about replacing Vinny. If he can't coach better than Vinny, he might as well go coach ballet.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So what you're saying is that he'll call the Kobe play, the KB24 play, the Black Mamba play, the Rapist play, and the Not Quite MJ No Matter How Bad He Wants to Be play.

3. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honorable mentioned: Joakim Noah.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd agree with this but on two points I don't want to go down the rabbit hole on. Kobe was having consentual vaginal sex with the girl but his Euro side came out and put it in her ass, she called that rape. There also isn't going to be another Kobe, like they won't be another Jordan, so there is that.

Also, this has to expose Mike Brown. I watched his interview last night on ESPN and got mad. He can barely speak. He sounds like a younger version of Charles after a stroke. It's absolutely ridiculous.

5. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Poor Thunder. Dallas is just so motivated this year.
    Nowitzki wants that ring.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

8. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I am probably the only one here but...LET'S GO HEAT!!!

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Nah, I wanted a Heat-Lakers finals.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I can't believe it, we agree. The thing is he's got enough talent not to need all the bullshit he pulls on the court, the flopping, whining, winking, all of it. He makes himself and the entire team look bad when he pulls one of his little tricks. He sank two 3's at a pivotal point in the game and then another 2....and then they fucking won.

I never thought I'd say this but I hope Dirk and Dallas walk all over them and give him a real reason to hold his face in his hands. A big loss.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ive never liked Noah. His over demonstrative nonsense and flailing is obnoxious, same reason I don't like Varejo. However, I will say with his hard nosed, focused play this season, he is way more likeable than in the past. That being said, this was awesome.

<a class="postlink" href="http://deadspin.com/5806237/joakim-noah-taps-into-americas-rage-by-calling-the-heat-hollywood-as-hell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://deadspin.com/5806237/joakim-noah ... od-as-hell</a>

His delivery is great.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

(The following is Bulls fan rage, please read in consideration)

Time to jump on the Dallas Bandwagon. Fuck LeBron for flopping like a bitch. It's ridiculous. Rose didn't even touch him. Bulls should have won that game, but that Boozer foul fucked the team. LeBron doesn't have the ability to channel the hate consistently, but it gets sparked. That sparked it. It also woke up Wade who is just tired. Also, Chicago is officially disowning Wade, he's from an outer suburb, and barely that. Just because he lives in Illinois doesn't mean he's from Chicago. I still like him, but him thinking he has the support of Chicago is retared, espcially going against Rose.

I'm jumping on the Dallas Bandwagon like a mother fucker. I've always like their jersey colors and Cuban wasn't a huge douche on Entourage. In reality, I predict Dallas bringing the boomrape to Miami. They Dallas is all the fuck in right now. Dirk and Terry has made all those guys that weren't there in 06 feel like they were. Wade won that so he doesn't have the fire, and the team doesn't have that fire. It's going to be good.

13. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The real problem is that the Bulls played their ass off and it still wasn't good enough. Talent beat effort and it leaves a sour taste...maybe if Boozer wasn't a walking corpse there would be less disappointment in Chi-town. I dunno...it just sucks to high heaven seeing the Bulls leave it all on the court and have to listen to morons chirp about what the Bulls didn't do instead of enjoying what did happen

14. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While Boozer is a problem, I don't think he shoulders the burden alone. They need a second option, someone who can create his own shot without Rose. I mean, hell, putting Lebron on Rose means that there is a mismatch elsewhere. Miller or Chalmers would have to guard somebody, and that guy should be able to go to town.

15. tgill

tgill
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Funny that Cuban and the Mavs are now America's team. I will sign on. Go Mavs.

As a Bulls fan I have mixed feelings. 62 wins and a spot in the ECF. I like it. Losing 4 straight games after winning game 1 by 20 points. Fuck me. The thing that is most troubling is the fact that this may have been the Bulls best chance to win. Not sure how the Bulls can make up ground on the Heat over the next few years. Obviously a 2 guard is the Bulls biggest need, but I'm not sure where they will find it. Getting rid of Boozer is the obvious thing, but not sure who will take on that contract.

Also, funny to think about the possible trade that could have brought Carmello to the Bulls. Bulls would have had to give up Noah, and possbily Deng or Gibson, and some other parts. I was all for this trade at first, but then thought I was way wrong as the Bulls wrapped up the best record in the league. But after watching the Bulls struggle to put up points vs Miami, now I don't know. Noah is an awesome teammate, plays hard all the time, and is a great defensive player. But is that good enough? Is it good enough on this current Bulls team? Will it be good enough to beat the Heat over the next 5 years? All questions Forman, Pax, Tibs, will have to ponder.

And finally, will/can the NBA do anything about the flopping going on? I would think that the game is just to fast for the referees to determine whether or not someone flops, but can the NBA institute fines or something to at least combat all the flopping going? Lebron put on an absolute amazing show on Thursday, but all I can think about is his flop and dumbass wink. I really think the NBA should institue something to take care of this problem.

16. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Since I am the only one it feels like.

[​IMG]

17. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So my cable got shut off a few days ago, and it's not coming back on anytime soon. Does anybody know of a good website I can watch these games on?

18. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

atdhe.me

Been using it for some playoff games. Should be good for the finals too

19. Beej

Beej
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Pretty sure that's the one some random person made after the original (atdhe.net) was taken down. I'm not sure if the one you posted works too, but I think the official one is now atdhenet.tv. Looking at both the sites now, it looks like atdhe.me isn't up to date and still only has the Barcelona/Man U game links up. atdhenet.tv has all the Heat/Mavs links.

20. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Yeah I think you're right. I was just trying to get that first link to work and I couldn't get any video. I was just about to post on here again asking if there were any other sites.

The one you just gave seems to be working. Thanks a lot.