Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Czechvodkabaron, Apr 14, 2011.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nothing gets the Florida crowd hyped up like Michael McDonald baby!

Here's an exclusive look at the half time show:

#221 $100T2, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fucking fuck is Mike Bibby doing on defense? I mean, I know that he sucks and all...but there's no reason that Kidd should be THAT open. Did he just not get the menu that 2011 Jason Kidd can, in fact, shoot?

Or, for that matter, everyone. The amount of wide open perimeter shots is staggering thus far.

Sidenote: As a Celtics fan, Jason Kidd is very frustrating to me. Why? Because he's doing what Rajon Rondo should be doing. Jason Kidd in his NJ days was a terrible shooter. Then, recognizing that he didn't have many of the skill advantages that he did previously, he intentionally put in work...and is now above average. He's proof that Rondo COULD, with a little effort, become at least a passable shooter.

3. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Kidd is open, but it's not Bibby's fault 100%. The sophisticated traps they're running on Dirk are leaving the third/fourth option open.

Dirk throws the skip out of the trap -- Heat rotate -- Dallas quickly swings -- Heat rotate again -- Dallas swings the ball, this time most likely to Kidd, who has 2 options; 1) Swing the ball (to a Marion-type in the corner) or 2) catch and shoot.

The Heat will live with Kidd shooting it. Ideal? No. But put up against the alternatives -- Dirk in killer position -- they'll take it. Their defense won this game. How many times did Dirk catch in position to be a legitimate threat to score? Not often. Great defense getting him out of his comfort zone and then sending doubles from different positions on the court.

4. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you need it for the rest of the series, try here.

http://www.myp2p.eu

5. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Dirk you beautiful German bastard. I want the Mavs to win the trophy and then have Dirk, sneering the whole time, demand everyone stand for the German national anthem.

6. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

That last minute was amazing. I was certain the Heat had it in the bag, and then I was certain it was going into overtime. That was exciting!

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

.....the fuck just happened? How the fuck did they do that?

Also, Jason Terry better buy Dirk's dinner tomorrow night. Dirk just saved his ass.

8. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When the Mavs were down ten, I turned it off. Figured it was a four game sweep. Turned it back on at 90-88 Heat.

That 3 by Dirk was awesome, but the defensive breakdown on the Heat inbounds play? What the fuck was that?

Glad we've got a series here, hope it goes 5 more games like this one.

9. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Terry's face during the timeout after the Chalmers three was priceless. An "oh shit I can't go back to Dallas they'll shoot me at the airport" look.

10. Heeze

Heeze
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I haven't witnessed drama like that, since I watched Omar (Haslem) get killed.

11. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Heat what the fuck! How do you screw up a 15 point lead. They better figure it out on sunday damn.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think its called "Getting cocky." LeBron hit that dunk with 8 or so minutes and started designing rings in his dead. Started thinking "Pippen can go back and say he was right." That's where they fucked up. They obviously didn't see the Portland series. Dallas is not going to get emotionally defeated. Terry has a goddamn tattoo on his bicep of the Larry O'Brian. Yeah he was spooked that Chalmers hit that 3, but they got back to the huddle and Rick got his bitch ass back in the game.

And I didn't get a chance to comment on this as my computer was on the fritz but last comment on the Bulls: It's not Boozers fault. He's a known quantity and I'm betting he's been playing at 80-85% with his foot. The problem has and will be Keith Bogans. Yes he plays defense, but he averages 4.3 points a game. That's the fucking problem. Korver has been covering for it all year, but Korver apparently had his balls removed and couldn't hit his shots.

Now the Finals just got good.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you want to drop a 15 point lead, it helps if the other team goes from turning the ball over every possession (I think there was 3 or 4 in a row for Dallas) to no turnovers.

Also, people who aren't great threes taking long, guarded threes isn't conducive to winning.

14. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was the NBA equivalent of the NFL's 'Prevent Defense'.

I blame Spoelstra. You don't have to take a timeout with 8min left in the 3rd quarter because the other team scores 4pts in a row.

Why wasn't Joel Anthony in at the end of the game?

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They started playing like they were in the lead. Cocky is the understatement.

Coach needs to slap the shit out of them with a couple stacks of hundreds.

16. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there a reason why game 3 needs to be at 8 p.m. on a Sunday night? Why not make it a 3 p.m. game so people who have to be up early Monday morning can actually watch the fucking thing? My kids want to watch some basketball, and that is past their bedtime. I figured Stern would want to start hooking the next generation on his sport so they can continue to get paid.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree, stupid fucking move. God forbid they compete against Tennis.

18. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's fucking annoying, but I see the logic in the move. Especially now that summer's started, people are out doing shit on Sunday afternoons. By 8 PM, just about everyone will be home and able to watch the game. I'd be willing to bet that the difference in ratings between those two times is significant enough to justify having it at night.

But Stern is a fucking asshole though, so maybe it's just that.

19. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

J.J. Barea reminds me of the shrimpy little bastard kid at the playground that would always bitch about being picked last, play dirty, and get all butthurt whenever things never went his way. Oh, and he was always a ballhog.

I'd like everybody on the Mavs to get a ring besides him, if possible.

20. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

JJ Barea can do some things well, but "play point guard" is not one of them. He will dribble around in circles and use up 12 seconds of clock like nobody's business.

I personally think they're overusing him this series and it's hurting their other player's production.

Also, I know that nobody tracks this stat, but I have to imagine that the Heat would lead the NBA in slam dunks by a country mile. Particularly the oh-my-that-was-emphatic subcategory.