Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Czechvodkabaron, Apr 14, 2011.

1. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Dirk's fadeaway is unblockable, and it goes in more than you would expect. How can you not love the 7 foot, goofy looking, german dude beating Lebron.

2. bukowskionice

bukowskionice
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Out drinking in Columbus, OH during the game last night, which is a good 2.5 hours from Cleveland. It totally warmed my heart when the final buzzer sounded and the entire bar started chanting "Cavs for Mavs!" over and over again.

As an Akronite, fuck LeBron, but I'll be damned if this isn't one of the most entertaining finals series I've seen in a long time. Not exactly the most consistently high-scoring, but the matchups here make for some great games. Can't wait to see that last nail put in Miami's coffin. Some nice revenge from the horeshit officiating that was the 2006 finals.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

He's got one of the most awkward shots I've ever seen. He looks like he's going to fall over backwards yet still hits it.

Last night was glorious. I love seeing those flip-flopping babies lose. As for Wade and the hip deal, when he came back out on the court and was back in the game he didn't look to me like a guy that was withering in pain on the sideline a little while before. One of two things, he flopped or they shot him with enough shit to make it through the game.

PS I saw a pic of goofy Pau on a yatch somewhere with his GF, holy fuck is she hot.

4. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wade would never, ever go to the locker room unless he was legitimately hurt. That most certainly was not a flop. I'm more fond of chalking it up to his will to win. After all someone on Miami's roster has to have it.

Oh, and J.J. Barea is an inspiration to short, light-complected guys everywhere. I still have to watch his interviews from time to time to remember that he really is from Puerto Rico.

5. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was at the bar in OSU's student union and the place was going nuts when Terry hit those 3s near the end. Good game and the Mavs nailed it at the end.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is why I am cheering for Miami. When you're in competition to have the worst professional sports with Cleveland you start hopping that everything bad happens to them. Id love to see Lebron get his ring and not even have to say anything about Cleveland. I really don't have anything to root for since I don't care for either team.

7. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Dirk's shot is super pretty. He is able to square his hips and shoulders quickly so he pretty much always gets off a good-looking shot, even when he's falling away. I can't even imagine how many hours of practice that represents.

His free-throw shooting has also been ridiculous. Then, when you are trying to avoid fouling him or giving him an easy jump shot, he'll just blow by you every so often.

Dirk is nice.

That being said, let's go Heat. LeBron James needs to call Kobe Bryant and figure out how to be more selfish; I bet if he gets 35 points and 3 assists he gets praised, while 19-10 would get him castigated.

8. Bryan

Bryan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Or call Allen Iverson and figure out the best way to go 11-30 for 35 points. Everyone knows well-roundedness and efficiency are for losers.

9. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Better still, he can look to the locker to his left, to get some tips from Wade on what it means to really want to win something.

"Now or never," "biggest game of my life," "this is our time"...as much as I like LeBron, he's been nothing but talk for the last 2 weeks.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After DeShaun Stevenson just made 9 points in one quarter all 3pts, I wonder if he's thinking "Yeah muthafucka, have Jay-Z make another diss track about me."

I'll be suprised if this doesn't go to game 7. Not that any team is going to actually beat another team, a game 7 just has to happen.

Miami by at least 5, but not more than 10. Miami with last possession.

11. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Man, after every Eddie House shot, you either want to hug him or punch him in the face.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Um, Dallas is up 2 and Dirk is 1-11. I wanna stick a coal up a Miami fan's ass so I can get a diamond.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, Dallas has to feel pretty happy considering. They gotta get Dirk some easier shots. Luckily Terry is carrying them.

14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Dirk needs to regroup.

It is a little shocking that he's sucking and we are still ahead.

15. Bryan

Bryan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Miami's favored by 5 in this game. Romantics would say the public expects Miami to be extra-motivated. Cynics would say the public expects the NBA to force a Game 7.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My prediction wasn't a cyncial one. I'm predicting, now with 90% less confidence, a game 7 for business reasons for the NBA. If Miami was up a game, I'd predict the same thing. There has to be a game 7. A playoffs without one game 7 would be absolute nuts.

With that said, RC is coaching the fuck out of this game right now. 9 point lead with Cardinal, Mahimi, and Dirk on the bench? Really?

I'm beginning to think Scottie Pippen jinxed LeBron James. This shit is amazing.

17. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know about you guys, but I thought the Heat quit with 2 minutes left.

That was a hell of a series though.

18. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I certainly didn't see that coming. Thought game 7 for sure.

If I was Dirk I'd probably give Jason Terry a handy for that first half.

Oh, and I also now regret staying in with the thinking of drinking and having fun for game 7 instead.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish this wasn't a Sunday victory. I'd be so fucked up right now. Congratulation Dallas Mavericks, Dirk, Jason Kidd, Jet and I can't believe Tyson even gets a ring.

Dirk walked off the court immediately, Chris Bosh fell and started crying on the walk back to the Lockeroom. Classy move by Cuban to have the trophy handed over to the first owner.

They quit with 3 minutes for sure. LeBron is a terrible fucking hype man by the way, also, where was his rape face? Where was his "we're not losing like this" face?

Ricky still looks like Jim Carey though.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Where the fuck did Dirk go when the game ended? To thank Die Führer for a glorious victory?