Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 Idiot Board Fantasy Baseball League ARE GO!

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Sherwood, Feb 21, 2012.

1. justinarelost

justinarelost
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've paid, where are we on the number of people who have committed so far? Are we doing this on ESPN again?

2. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just sent my money over.

3. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've got money from myself plus 5 others (counting Zyron).

No preference on weeknight vs. weekend, as long as it's not the night of the 25th. During the day that day works, just not that night.

4. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sunday nights work best for me. Can't do Monday's at all. After 6 west coast time if possible.

5. justinarelost

justinarelost
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I would prefer any day at night, after 8pm CST.

I also thought we were able to recruit more people much more quickly last year. Should we start asking non TiB members yet or should we wait?

6. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I also haven't paid Kinsey yet. I think we're going to have to scrape internet randoms unless you fuckers start paying.

Also, we have to get everyone invited to the league. Kinsey, I just gave you league manager powers if you want to invite everyone, or shoot me an e-mail and tell me who has paid and i will invite them. My next step is to post online to get people.

DRAFT:

2 Options as I see it.

1) the afternoon of the 25th, say... 3pm Eastern?
    2) the evening of the 27th, say, 9pm Eastern? Late, but it has to be to accommodate those on the west coast.

Thoughts?

7. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Sure, if you guys have buddies, roommates, co-workers, etc. Whoever's interested, will pay and is willing to ignore at least 2 trade offers a week from me.

I sent out invites to all those that have paid, using the email address that was associated with the paypal account, so if that's not your day-to-day email might want to give it a check.

Either option is ok by me, 27th at night would be preferable now that the weather's getting nice, hate to ruin an afternoon. If night of the 25th works best for everyone else, you can keep it then, I can always adjust my pre-rankings and try to trade my way out of an auto-draft team, not real sure how they work for an auction though. I'm likely out for any thursday night drafts from here on out, spring softball's starting up.

8. atcmh

atcmh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm afraid that I'm going to have a bow out. Unexpected car troubles have taken away my discretionary cash for this month. I'm sorry about this, but I am going to miss playing it, C'est la vie.

9. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

i prefer the 27th b/c I work during the day

10. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We are set for the 27th at 9pm. I have to miss a kickball game for this. Heads will roll.

11. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You know how I know you're gay...

12. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Were I a single man, I'd make a comment about kickball getting me laid. Because all of my single friends have been laid due to adult intramural sports.

13. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

We'll have 9 including the invite sent to Brendan's friend, I think we should be able to find 1 more by Tuesday although a full 12 would be preferred.

How are we handling roster moves this season? Transaction limit seemed to work fine in the past, or I think we can set it up so that waivers process once a week at the end of match-ups. Both would limit the 'stream every SP available' aspects, although the 2nd might hurt teams who suffer a mid-week injury. Thoughts?

14. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate weekly waivers, and I think that streaming is a viable strategy. That being said, we've always done a transaction limit before, and I have no problem doing it again.

Seriously though, we need to find 3 more people. I'm scouring the internet, but not having much luck.

15. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will play in the fantasy baseball league that was mentioned in the drunk thread. I don't know a ton about baseball but enough to be competitive I believe.

16. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are an awesome person. I will PM you details.

17. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit never mind I didn't realize it was a buy in. I don't know enough for that

18. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have to do it for money man, otherwise everyone loses interest. Trust me, it's well worth it. That hundred dollars gets you a chance at a ton of money, and it seriously makes the baseball season WAY more fun. You'll find yourself glued to some random KC-CHW game just because it's a Sunday night and you need John Danks to get 5 Ks.

19. goodlife23

goodlife23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm in. Send me the details.

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would be in if you need another person, but I haven't been in a league in over 5 years so I am sure alot has changed, is there an auto draft function if I can't make the 27th?