Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Blue Dog, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is that former Dolphin Chad "I dont give a fuck about my career" Johnson.

Adios Ocho. Vaya con huevos.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean if TO can get signed after being cut from an Arena team you'd think a guy that bummed out of a Super Bowl team could get picked up again...

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some girl on my Facebook newsfeed from Cincinnati posted "what do I do with all my Ocho Cinco gear now?" and some slag responded with "Sell it and donate the proceeds to a battered women's shelter. What a monster" Said comment was liked 8 times at last check. I have no words for such gross one-sided sexist overreaction.

4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Patriots looking at Plaxico Burress.

Fuck it, why not? The guy didn't look terrible with NYJ last year, and that was with Sanchez throwing the ball no where near his actual whereabouts. The Pats sure are getting geriatric at WR though: using the age they would be by the end of the season, Plax (35) would join Branch (33), Welker (31), Gaffney (32), Stallworth (32), and Brandon Lloyd (31).

5. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Truncated for brevity.

6. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I in no way want to trivialize domestic violence, but if you are in a heated argument face to face and in a moment of anger/weakness you head butt the other person, does that really make you a "wife beater". Come on now. We're better/smarter than that.

And who is to say that it was he that head butted her. Maybe she did it to him. Maybe it was an accident.

But battered woman? To me, that's an insult to the women that get beat and i mean BEAT on a daily basis.

She just released a statement to the media. The help he needs? To what? Throw away the receipt at cvs? Blame the condoms on a friend to whom he gave a ride? Not to marry somebody he met on Twitter who has a history of being a cunt?

I hope he does get the help he needs then.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to mention his wife has a recorded history of attacking people on television (albeit other women). For some reason I don't think the accused person throws a headbutt. He was accused of cheating, I really don't think he throws the attack here. I'm pretty sure she did this shit to get back at him. You don't know everyone, but this doesn't fit.

8. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hard Knocks tonight will show the Dolphins head coach meeting with and cutting Johnson.

That has to be the top clip of that show, ever.

9. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only part of this story that interests me is the headbutt. What series of events and thoughts bring a headbutt into a domestic argument?

10. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They were arguing in his Smart Car.

What else can you do but head butt a bitch?

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

No way. How the fuck could he fit into one? Let alone with someone else?

And if that is the case are they sure they didn't just go over a big bump and knock heads?

12. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hes not that big a guy.

I think the truth is somewhere in between him viciously head butting her and her setting up the whole thing to create drama.

Think she files for divorce if they dont pull their show? I bet not.

13. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And I felt bad for Chad until I saw that he wore house shoes to the facility to meet with the coach.

You cant throw on a real shoe when you know you're about to get kicked to the curb?

I love how people say it was "cold and cruel" to show all that on TV. Like Johnson shied away from the spotlight. And ask any agent. 9x out of 10 in that situation, a scout or assistant GM calls the agent and cans the guy.

Last week people bitched because Philbin didnt look Chad in the eye enough when they had that talk at practice about his press conference bullshit. It wasnt a fucking conversation, it was a verbal warning. And he didnt avoid eye contact, he was watching practice and didnt go out of his way to keep staring at him.

14. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Antonio Garay is 6'4 and 320 and drives a smart car. I don't think Chad should have much of a problem, he'll have plenty of room to headbutt.

Attached Files:

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Preseason or not to get trounced by the Browns is just embarrassing.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its preseason, you can't predict any sort of results. Your leading rusher was Rodgers and he hardly played. The Bears lost to the Broncos 31-3 last week. Does that mean the Bears are going to blow? Hell no, its preseason.

17. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't wait for Week 2, when they play the Ravens and a certain Mr. Pollard.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

At least their backup QB did well.

I pray to the football Gods that the officials reach an agreement so these replacements can go back to the arena....or Canada. They suck.

I had to laugh when they said Brady was there but then left before the game started.

19. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The best was watching the ref face the wrong way when announcing a penalty in the Steelers/Colts game.

How bad would it suck for Matt Flynn to go to Seattle to back up a 5'9 rookie QB?

Be sure to pull up all those articles by the experts on how the Dolphins "blew it" by not signing Flynn.

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Read a question yesterday about the ref's labor dispute, what happens when the replacement guys blow a call that costs the Cowboys a game, or two? Think Jerry Jones would have preferred to write a small check in the pre-season or miss the playoffs?

They aren't asking for much, 5-11 percent and some more retirement benefits I think, my bet is it will be resolved when the first couple of games get decided by blown calls.