Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2012.

1. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You act like the man doesn't practice shoe string tackles all the time. What else are you supposed to grab at when she gets you off balance and past you in a stall?

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My grieving is coming to an end. I turned on Madden yesterday, and who was there waiting for me. Ray Lewis. With his inspirational speech. I want to see Ray Lewis go out with a ring. His pep talks are just too good. Too inspirational. I want to run through a brick wall just turning on Madden.

3. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's one thing if he was talking about kids not going into the sport because of concussions... but he's basically saying the sport is too pussyfied... and that's fucking stupid.

I think Pollard just likes the sound of his own voice.

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think it's stupid to say the changes have put defenses at a disadvantage, but yeah, he's just being hyperbolic. The nfl won't exist in 30 years? While they've been making the sport safer, it's becoming more popular than ever. We have a long way to go before anyone can make that claim.

Why is the focus so much on Ray Lewis getting another ring, while Randy Moss, also in the twilight of his career, who doesn't have one yet, and is easily in the same class as Ray Lewis at his position, is being ignored? I know he's Randy 'I don't give a fuck' Moss, but he's still one of the all time greats and a first ballot hall of famer.

6. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And Randy didn't kill a guy. Or help kill a guy, whatever.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Unfortunately there's such a glut at wide receiver that I doubt he makes it in on the first ballot; I bet he hangs around for several years before making it in. Considering he's the 2nd or 3rd best receiver of all time, that's a pretty bad indicment on the HoF.

8. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still blame Moss for the filthy disgusting act her pulled in Green Bay. Which in the medias view is so much worse than being complicit in a murder during Super Bowl weekend.

9. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I blame him for not actually mooning the fans, which probably would have made it the greatest touchdown celebration in the history of touchdown celebrations.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1) Randy Moss will quickly and easily get into the Hall of Fame.

2) No one is talking about Randy Moss because his story isn't fucking interesting. There was no real redemption, no sob story attached, no child he's visiting in the hospital, he's not praying to god every game, he's not the emotional center of his team, he's not even doing entertaining touchdown dances anymore. He's just Randy Fucking Moss. His only TD dance is that ridiculous thing where he points to the back of his Jersey. There is nothing to talk about, he's not inspirational. He's just fast as fuck. He runs that 9 seam route puts his hand up, and boom the QB gets him that ball. There is no story, so he's not talked about.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's like he read my posts and said "I think I need to prove Parker ever more right than he already is!"

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8893843/super-bowl-2013-randy-moss-says-greatest-wr-ever-play" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/st ... -ever-play</a>

12. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh, Randy Moss. You might be considered the greatest WR ever to play if not for a few things:

1) Tanking during your entire tenure in Oakland. I mean just straight up not trying even a little. If not for those seasons, you might be able to make much more of a case to be considered better than Jerry Rice.

2) Your attitude early in your career. In your stint with the 49ers, you've been very good, very well behaved, and very much a team player. Hell, you even behaved MOST of the time in New England. Before that, though? You were just a notch below T.O. in terms of being a "me first" guy that whined and pouted when things didn't go his way. See: Entire stint in Oakland.

3) Jerry Rice. He is still the best WR in history, until...

4) Calvin Johnson. I think there is a good chance that when his career is over, Megatron will go down as the best WR in the history of the game. His last season was a down year for TDs, and yet it was still the best year for receiving yardage ever, and he didn't have the benefit of Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing to him.

Don't misunderstand. Randy Moss is in the top 5 WRs of all time (and the case can be made for top 3), and a sure fire hall of famer. But the best ever? No.

Related note: I listened to that comment, and he sounded really, really high.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He plays in a super pass happy offense, so that helps his numbers. However, I don't think there has ever been a better prototypical athlete at the position than Megatron. Tremendous size, amazing hands, and runs around or just below a 4.4? Moss is faster, but he can't also be a possession receiver like Megatron and probably isn't as good a bet for a corner fade. CJ also doesn't appear to be a diva/headcase like many great WRs. I think he will be the best, though its hard to match Rice's longevity and consistency.

14. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is the moment that made me hate Joe Buck.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You had me until you suggested that the Ravens would win and they wouldn't find some way to give the MVP to Ray Lewis.

16. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Niners 35, Ravens 24. Vernon Davis MVP.

17. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"I don't do the gay guys man. I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."
    http://deadspin.com/5980341/49ers-cornerback-chris-culliver-is-not-cool-with-gay-people

I love that this is clearly his total inner monologue. "Can't be with that sweet stuff" is by far the most hilarious way to phrase someones dislike for gays. After seeing him in college, a Raven should totally grab his ass or something, he'd get himself thrown out so fast by freaking out.

18. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't really understand what that phrase is supposed to mean, but for some reason I get the feeling that the young man doth protest too much.

19. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have to wonder if you're a front office guy for any professional sports team if, when a player says something like this, you just sigh, pick up the phone and call your PR guy with a "Hey, one of my retards just did something fucking stupid. Can you fix this, please?"

20. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Being "sweet" is fairly common slang for homosexuality. Light in the loafers. Sugar in the toes. Koolaid for blood. Ballsack 4.0.