Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2012.

1. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The witness who said he heard Ray Lewis telling everyone not to talk about what happened. I think he was very involved, maybe did not actually stab either of the two men but seems to me like he took a very active role in covering it up. Which would be why he plead guilty to obstruction of justice. And why his suit is probably buried next to Jimmy Hoffa.
    Good game overall. Some poor clock management at the end of both halves cost the 49ers I thought.
    Broncos in 2014? One can hope.

#1341 trojanstf, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck if Ray Lewis killed anyone, you weren't there, you have no proof, witnesses lie, and guess what? He wasn't convicted. Let it go.

In other news, let's talk about Ray Lewis's PEDs, that motherfucker used something to get back in two months. Its absolutely unheard of. God didn't heal those arms. And if he tore both of them, why is he wear that T-1000 arm only on the right? That makes no fucking sense. My friend was saying "I bet he comes back if they win." I knew he wasn't solely based on the fact if he comes back he'll get tested and something will be there.

Good Ravens win though. I'm going to miss football. At least the team that beat my Patriots are Champions. I can lie to myself and say the Patriots loss means a little something, they lost to the best.

3. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Y'all know Michael Crabtree probably raped a girl no more than two weeks ago, right? I'm sure there are plenty of criminals on the 49ers too.

Ed Reed won a Super Bowl. We can all be happy about that, right? And Michael Oher may not be able to spell the words Super Bowl, but now he can show Sandra Bullock his nice shiny ring. Happy times.

4. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Please people. Ray Lewis was never ever charged with, implicated in or a suspect in any murders.

He plead guilty to obstruction of justice because he wouldn't snitch on his buddies.

Love him or hate him, try to get the facts straight.

5. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You should test out google a little bit.
    He was indicted for murder and aggravated assault. He negotiated a plea deal in exchange for his testimony against his friends.
    Or in other words, everything you said was wrong.

6. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You show me anywhere that says Lewis was charged with murder. "But, despite continued accusations from fans and across the internet, the fact remained that no evidence ever linked Lewis with the slayings of two men on Super Bowl weekend in 2000, and he was never charged nor convicted. In fact, no one was convicted — the two friends of Ray Lewis charged with the murder were acquitted for lack of evidence."

The prosecution used him as the face of their case because he was the most famous and had the most to lose. There was never enough evidence to charge him with murder.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Google, how does it work?!

8. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are so, so dumb. Prosecution indicted him, then dropped charges in exchange for his testimony. What do you think a plea deal is, exactly?

9. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know how Google works. I never said Lewis was not indicted. Which is:

"In an indictment, the defendant in the case is not allowed to:

present evidence;
    give witness testimonies; and
    cannot appear in front of the grand jury to defend his or her case.

In fact, during the indictment, the prosecuting attorney is often the only one before a grand jury who is allowed to display evidence of criminal activity against the defendant.

Grand juries may be convened only for felony or capital cases and while they usually are not necessary in state cases, they are available. State cases usually opt for prosecution by information, or reserve grand juries for only certain types of crimes.

There has been some controversy that the less prominent role of the grand jury in state felony cases has diminished the integrity of the system, and might allow zealous prosecutors to level charges without sufficient evidence or reasonable grounds. Some court officials have even recommended abolishing the system altogether and instead, start with a preliminary examination."

The prosecutor indicted Ray Lewis because he was the most famous and had the most to lose. He plead to a lower charge so as to not drag out the proceedings in a trumped up case. Why werent any of the other people in the limo indicted?

More Google:

"At a news conference, Howard appeared at first to indicate that Lewis wielded a knife in the slayings, but he retreated from that assertion under questioning.

''Whether he actually used the knife is not important,'' Howard said. Under Georgia law, he added, testimony by witnesses that Lewis ''punched, encouraged and assisted others in the attack on these men'' was sufficient for a murder indictment.

Lewis's chief lawyer, Ed Garland, followed the announcement with a news conference of his own at his offices, attacking Howard and the Atlanta Police Department for mishandling the investigation.

''They just did to Ray Lewis what they did to Richard Jewell,'' Garland said, citing the 1996 leaks to news media organizations that led to speculation that Jewell, a security officer during the Summer Olympics here, was responsible for a bombing attack at Olympic Park that resulted in two deaths. He was not charged.

''Ray Lewis was in the wrong place at the wrong time,'' Garland said. ''He is being singled out because of his celebrity status.''

The district attorney, Garland said, ''gave mealy-mouthed answers when he knows absolutely that Lewis did not have a knife.''

10. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And for clarification, I am not saying Ray Lewis is innocent of any crimes. I think he knew what went down and tried to cover it up to protect his friends.

All I was trying to say is that by general consensus, he never stabbed or murdered anybody.

How involved he was is unknown because the case never went to trial. If they really thought he played a large role in the murder, they never would have plead down to obstruction of justice.

They indicted him for the same reason they indicted Plaxico Burress. Attention.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes you did. Had you said he was never convicted of murder, no one would have disagreed with you. You said he was not charged. Charged and indicted are legally synonymous. Backpedal faster.

Also, shocking that you have a quote from Ray Lewis's attorney suggesting that Ray Lewis did not get a fair shake. Maybe they went after Ray and Plax because they committed crimes. Crazy, that.

Your naivete is showing. Prosecutors don't go after everyone they believe has committed a crime. They go after those they can prove in a court of law. Dropping a case you believe in but can't meet the burden of proof for, in favor of lesser cases they think they can prove, every day. Having one party of an investigation turn snitch on another in order to convict someone rather than no one is par for the course.

Did this happen with Lewis? Maybe, maybe not. But if it did, it would be nothing out of the ordinary.

12. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should have said prosecuted and not charged. You are correct.

They went after them because it generated publicity. Do you think anybody else goes to prison for shooting themselves in the leg in a club? Or indicted for murder because they threw away some bloody clothes.

They dont let people plead down from murder to obstruction if there is any way they were involved in the crime and not just the aftermath/coverup.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

People go to jail for stray weapons charges in New York City all the time. The hospital is legally required to call NYPD in the case of such a shooting. The city even adopted the slogan "Guns=Jail." How do you think Stop and Frisk works? They stop you, and if you have a gun on you, you go to jail. Thousands of non-football-playing New Yorkers are in jail right now for carrying an illegal, loaded weapon, and it carries a (not always enforced) mandatory minimum of 3.5 years.

14. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Then why was nobody convicted? Even with Lewis'information, they still couldn't convict the guys that actually committed the crime! or certainly had more to do with it than Ray did.

They indicted Lewis because he was the most famous person in the limo. They also ran the risk of being sued for false prosecution if they continued.

They do not let guys they think held the knife plead down to a lesser charge to convict others. Maybe to manslaughter, but not obstruction.

15. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh look, a butthurt red dot.
    I think when people are charged with murder, and you claim they weren't, and then you get mad at everyone who proves you wrong... yeah, you're fucking dumb.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Ugh, no better dead horse memes out there?

17. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good bye Mr. Smith. You never got any appreciation during some really lean years with shitty coaching. Best of luck in Kansas City.

18. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe the Vikes got what they did for Harvin. No more headaches and tears.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anquin Boldin traded for a 6th rounder. Wow. Definitely a brother to brother deal there, and a fuck you to Boldin.

Still waiting for some bigger moves. If you're not reading Barnwell's free agent books, you're missing out. It's really interesting on how he frames out each big name player.

20. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Works for me. Having to defend a Wilson/Harvin pistol is going to be pants-shittingly hard next year. Harvin in the back field is going to mean he's one on one against a linebacker or safety. That shit should be illegal. Now Sidney Rice and Golden Tate are going to be free to roam around on the outside with Zach Miller underneath. Or just having Lynch, Rice, Harvin and Miller being on the field at the same time. How do you defend skill positions like that? And you have to worry about Wilson running too?

I'm putting the number of defensive coordinator deaths by aneurysm at 2.5.