Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2013-14 Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by RCGT, Oct 30, 2013.

1. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not just here, but I've seen people all over the web complain about that "lucky goal".

Seriously?

For real, when was the last time you saw someone complain about a "lucky fumble recovery" or "lucky wind current" that pushed the ball fair instead of foul. I can't even fathom complaining about the lack of skill in a goal, this isn't EA Sports, this is real life. Shit happens, it's the nature of the sport.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the record, I'm not complaining like it's uncommon. Happens all the time, both ways.
    It's just harder to take as a fan when you lose on a deflection like that or off a skate. My college lost in the NCAA championship on a goal that went off a thigh and literally rainbowed over the goalie's shoulder. It's a different feeling than losing on a snipe or a tape to tape beauty. And I was using "garbage" in the hockey sense, put it on goal and give yourself a chance.

Funny enough, Alec Martinez who scored the game winner for LA went to said college and was in a pair of business classes with me. Good dude

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Kings may be one of the most remarkable teams to win the cup if they do so this year. This team just doesn't give up and they keep putting themselves in a hole. Its like they need their ass to be on the fire to play well, and fucking eh, they're good enough to get away with it. Considering they were down Games 1&2 2-0 and come back to win in OT is jaw dropping, its like going back to 80s hockey.

Fun fact, the Kings haven't lead the series even for a second between the two games, yet they're up 2-0.

The GWG on Lundy tonight is the toughest play as a goalie. A high tip is dam near impossible to play. Lundqvist has to play the shot like its going through because its incredible unlikely Brown gets a piece of it. If Brown was on top of the crease, it would likely be a save, considering he was at the hashmarks, Lundy was screwed.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Kings wanted it most and deserved it. Kudos to them and I hope to see the cup here in town soon.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fuck I hate that saying "they wanted it most". Bullshit. They both fucking wanted it, bad, but the Kings won.

6. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as I didn't want the Kings to win, fuck it was a good series. The overtime periods in game 5 were ridiculous and the fact that the Kings were 2 goals down in three of the games but managed to find a way home was amazing.

7. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So Toews and Kane have resigned for 8 yrs/$10.5 mil. It will be interesting to see how Stan Bowman keeps them surrounded by affordable talent in a salary cap era, but am I wrong to expect a deep post-season run every year for the next 5 years minimum? Granted the Kings, Avalanche, and Blues are absolutely loaded so I'm not planning on Mr. Stanley being around every summer but the Hawks should be in serious contention. Good day for the Hawks

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

re-signed.

Not quite the same as "resigned".

9. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

whoops, thanks for that.

#89 SMUGolfer, Jul 11, 2014