Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014 General Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JPrue, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Struggling between an injured Jimmy Graham and a healthy Jordan Reed in my TE spot.

Wish they'd just leave Jimmy out to heal up.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of course the week I finally decide to take a chance and start Fitzgerald over McKinnon in the flex he only gets me two points and I end up losing by 3. Oh well, at least I was able to swindle the clueless lady in our league out of Arian Foster for Matt Ryan. Now I'll be starting Forte, Foster and Bradshaw each week with Mckinnon as a backup to cycle in and out on byes. I also threw a claim in for Tre Mason since he's obviously going to be doing more than Stacy who's clogging up my bench.

The only thing I still really need to fill a hole in is a 3rd WR to move in for when Marshall has his bye. I've got Eddie Royal on my bench, but Malcom Floyd is still out there on the wire, so I'm not sure who to trust in that spot. For the record it would be the week that San Diego is playing at Miami.

3. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, that resurgence in my team was short lived. Back to 68 points and a loss this week

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm getting absolutely horse-fucked this year.

I've got the most points scored in the league by far. My team consists of two top-3 wide receivers, 4 top-20 running backs (2 in the top 10), Jimmy Graham, Romo, who hasn't put up fewer than 20 points in the last 5 weeks... and I'm 3-4 (well, unless Antonio Brown puts up 30 points tonight).

C'est la fantasy football.

5. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should feel guilty my score is the same as yours considering my low overall points. But like you said, c'est la fantasy football.

Need help with RB, WR, and Flex this week, who would you play?

RB - pick two: McCoy, Ivory, McKinnon, Morris, Oliver
    WR - pick two: Marshall, Benjamin, Garcon, Floyd
    Flex- pick one from whatever if left

6. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

McCoy, Oliver, McKinnon, Marshall, Benjamin

7. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was what i was thinking.....but deciding if Tate should be added into the mix somehow. He only had one bum game out of three so I'm not quite sure he should be benched, especially not against Oakland.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

McKinnon or Ahmad Bradshaw for a flex play?

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uh. Did you leave Tate out of the list there?

While I love the matchup with Tate, Cleveland is a committee now. With McCoy, Oliver and McKinnon you have pretty clear-cut workloads. McKinnon is really the only question mark but against Tampa Bay, the matchup is excellent. It's probably pretty close to a coin flip on McKinnon/Tate.

I think the Bradshaw matchup is better than the numbers say. Pittsburgh had 3 games where they didn't give up a ton of RB points, and those were against Carolina, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville, all of whose backfields are a mess. Hard to sit a guy who has been that consistent this year. McKinnon has the higher upside so if you're projected to lose by a bunch, maybe you need that. For me, I'd look for the reliable 10-12 points from Bradshaw.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oops, I guess I did. Man, I have a lot of RBs (also have Rashad Jennings)

11. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At this point, I'm solidly locked in with Forte and Foster as my RB 1/2. And I'm already projected to be winning by 36 points, so I don't really think it's going to make a HUGE difference, but I was just curious since McKinnon is projected to have the higher score.

12. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Projections frustrate the hell out of me. I think the only game I have been projected to lose was the one that I won handily. I think I will roll the dice with McKinnon, who is projected to have the highest score out of anybody on my team, but you'll likely see me here Monday crying the blues that I should have played Tate. Do the same jdoogie, then we can either celebrate or commiserate.

13. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If McCoy doesn't put up more than 3 fucking points this game I am going to personally fly to Philly and beat his ass senseless. Apparently it isn't too hard to do.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I.. just.. don't know anymore.

The person with the worst team in the league is currently stomping the shit out of me because Jeremy Maclin has 38 points and Larry Fitzgerald has 32 points.

Sigh.

16. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I decided to start Stafford over Roethlisberger & J Thomas over H Miller at TE. My bench is about to have a higher score than my starters. I'm about to kick my own ass.

At least my opponent needs Rodgers and Crosby to score 65pts to beat me.

17. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I barely squeak by in one league, practically invoking voodoo during the late game to keep Rodgers from throwing the ball to Cobb anymore, which I guess worked, since he didn't look at him after halftime and in my other league, I am ahead by 100 points, with the only guy left to play on my opponents team being DeSean Jackson. So a good weekend overall.

And Mya, I was going to curse you had I lost since the difference would've solely been my choice to start McKinnon over Bradshaw.

18. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah, we go down TOGETHER.

So tonight, I just need Romo to outscore Murray and Williams together. That's all.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry Mya.

20. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, that is just my luck this season it seems. After looking like I had a shot, tough as nails Romo goes down in the one game I play him. I feel like I should send him a letter of apology.