Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014 General Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JPrue, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Keenan Lewis happened to Kelvin Benjamin.

That and Cam Newton throwing fastballs 5 feet over his head. I mean, the guy is tall but he's not 10' tall.

Generally I'd take yards over TDs, which hesitantly leans towards Robinson. Both good matchups, though, so flip a coin.

2. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Any thoughts on either one perhaps replacing one of my starters (McCoy, Forsett)?

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I usually don't try to get too clever with my lineup. If I have a guy who I think is top-10 most weeks, he starts even during tough matchups.

That may or may not be the right way to do it, but without a crystal ball and I'd rather stick with a talented player than guess outcomes and be mad because I didn't "play my studs." Besides, neither of your starters have a particularly terrible matchup.

4. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beckham Jr against Indy or Fitzgerald against Dallas?

5. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Romo vs. Cardinals
    RGIII vs. Vikings
    Hoyer vs. Tampa Bay

Obviously Romo is the easy choice if he plays the whole game, but even if he does start, I worry that he could come out after a big hit. RGIII is likely to be rusty, but Hoyer is Hoyer.

TB DOES suck tho

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jordan Cameron is also sitting, for what it's worth.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Romo is a huge risk. It's far worse to have a QB go out in the first quarter than to get a middling score from Hoyer. I think Hoyer is a good play... only one game under 14 points.

No way I'm trusting RGIII without a track record to go by. The guy's body is held together by rubber bands and bubble gum.

8. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, holy shit, here is my situation going into this week.

I am in first by virtue of about 30 points. I am in bye week hell, going against the 2nd place team. I have on bye this week:

Rodgers
    Jordy Nelson
    Golden Tate
    Matt Forte
    Roddy White

That is my QB, 3 wide receivers, and my number 1 RB. I am fucked, right?

Wrong! I slapped together this pile of scraps:

Tannehill: 34 points
    Malcolm Floyd: 8 points
    DeAndre Hopkins: 21.5
    LaFell: 2.5 so far

This is on top of my RB 2 having a week (Alfred Morris 23.9 points), and I'm up 112-62.

Did I mention the guy I'm playing has Manning and Arian Foster?

Luckiest. Week. Ever.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've had no luck at QB this year.

I began the season with RGIII, I've been starting Romo, and now I have Foles.

Sigh. At least a I steamrolled my opponent this week, 134 to 82. And the next two guys up both have byes from their best players while all of my starters have already had theirs.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The good news - my opponent this week only started 7 players.

The bad news - when they include Brady, Marshawn Lynch, Deandre Hopkins, and Gronk that's all you need.

The worst news - next week about 40% of my team has a bye

Perhaps I should just take all of this as a sign that it is time for me to just stop playing this season.

11. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is also my bye hell week for both leagues I'm in. Of course I'm playing the toughest opponent in both leagues. In the more difficult league, I came out looking like a boss...in the other I shit the bed.

Roethlisberger lit up the score board again and Hill had his game of the season as my Forte replacement. Unless my opponent's TE scores 46pts tonight I'll have the high score for the league this week and slide into a tie for first.

In the other league, I average over 100pts a week, but this week only two of my players scored over ten points. Rivers was my backup for Rodgers and with Forte out as well as Bernard I'll be lucky if I get over 60pts tonight with just my kicker remaining. My opponent is sitting at 134pts with a WR yet to play. We were tied for 1st and I had a slight edge in points...so much for securing 1st place.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been a wheeling and dealing maniac this season. I'm up to 20 acquisitions and 5 trades.

Just acquired Big Ben for Brandon LaFell.

Roethlisberger was just a bench player for him since he has Aaron Rogers and nobody else is shopping for QBs so he can't sell high on the two good games. LaFell is just a bench player for me and he's starting Reggie Wayne every week. We both win on that trade, I think.

13. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Matt Stafford was my starter however after looking back comparing the two, Roethlisberger's out performed Stafford this season so I'm leaving Big Ben as my starter for now.

14. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mike Wallace, Alshon Jeffery and Rueben Randle... need to pick two. For what it's worth, Wallace is against Detroit, Jeffery is against GB and Randle is against Seattle and they're all playing on the road.

15. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Personally I would go Jeffrey and Wallace... ODB is getting the good looks in NY now

16. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ODB isn't getting nearly the targets that Randle is but he's doing a lot more with them... and I have to say, after watching last week's Giants game, I kind of see why. Randle just doesn't look good on the field. He drops passes he should catch, and makes cuts he shouldn't.

Both Wallace and Jeffery have the potential to put up a goose egg but they also have much higher ceilings. I'd bench Randle.

Rest of season, who would you guys rather own... Ryan Mathews, or Jerick McKinnon? I've got McKinnon now but Mathews still hasn't been picked up after his injury. Purely speculative grabs, now, I've basically stacked my team at every position - if I don't win out until the playoffs, it's going to be ridiculously bad luck.

17. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not real high on either one right now... they both have a rough playoff schedule. Mckinnon also has the AP situation hanging over his head. If AP gets reinstated he becomes fantasy irrelevant. Rumors are that AP could be back by Dec.
    I would probably go with mathews and hope he can turn the chargers run game around. It has looked horrible.

18. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Would you trade Jimmy Graham for Dez straight up? Considering that I have Gronk as my primary TE and could use the upgrade at WR since right now my options are Mike Wallace, Alshon Jeffery, Julian Edelman, Rueben Randle and I'm also stashing Josh Gordon for when he comes off suspension.

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would probably try for a sweetener or something (just because the TE position is so damn scarce) but otherwise, yes, I'd do that. There is no point in having two elite TEs - even if you're playing one in flex, a top 10 RB or WR will produce better numbers and the scarcity of the TE position means you can almost always get that in trade.

The only reason I'd consider keeping Graham is if your team isn't very strong and your dominant TE is propping you up... Gronk is an injury risk, obviously.

20. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This week my bad fantasy juju took down Carson Palmer. I almost feel guilty. Kaep seems immune to my tainting so I guess I will just have to play him.