Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2015 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

So I'm watching the game tonight and am wondering: Is Eli Manning a hall of fame quarterback? He's only been to 3 pro-bowls, has never been nominated for MVP (to my knowledge) or been named an all-pro, and I don't think he's ever been one of the 5 best players at his position for any year in his career. He's also led the league in interceptions 3 times. But he's currently at 43,073 passing yards, and at 34 is likely to reach 50,000 before his career is over. He's also got the 2 Superbowls, which you know HoF voters really value. Personally I think there's a better than even chance he gets in and will be surprised if he isn't elected within the first 5 years of his eligibility, even though I'm not convinced he belongs.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He'll get in. In addition to the two Super Bowl wins, he will have the volume of numbers to support his case, assuming he plays 3-4 more years. He's played 16 games every season since his first full year, which itself is pretty impressive. So, he should be able to have totals that are impressive enough to the voters. I have heard people make a case for Jim Plunkett to be in the HoF (disagree). He also was two-time Super Bowl champ, but his totals are half of Eli's. His total career was about as long as Eli will end up, but he wasn't healthy, and wasn't as good as long. And, Manning has more playoff wins (11) than Plunkett has playoff games (10). I would vote for Eli, because in addition to the value of being a two-time Super Bowl champ, being able to put together as long of a good career as he has is worth something.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

SNF broadcast is running a stupid little counter to measure the time between Eagles' plays. I thought everyone stopped giving a shit about that 2 years ago.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Kinda like they did Chip Kelly.

I was actually waiting for them to start throwing shit on the field. It is the Holiday Season after all.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Beckham Jr. is suspended for one single game for his Asshat Of The Year performance. Too bad nobody stomped his balls flat.

9. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He deserved the suspension and should have been ejected but I don't understand how Norman is getting a pass. He started the shit with the body slam and was fighting him during the game too. They should have both been ejected from that game.

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's probably reasonable, but reputation plays into it. Norman has a rep as a fighter, and isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt.

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry, my post was super unclear. My bad.

I'm speculating that part of the reason why no one got tossed was that the refs probably regarded it as business as usual with Norman. Hence they didn't take it seriously enough, and let it get out of control. I don't know for sure if Beckham gets tossed immediately if it's anyone else, but it's certainly more likely.

The bat thing is weird, no doubt. But apparently this is just the Panthers' thing; they do it every game.

13. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are other videos of that player pointing the bat at Beckham. So they usually go up to a teams best player with a baseball bat and point it at him while threatening to end his career?

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last part seems pretty speculative / sounds like face-saving spin from ODB. Only account of this "career ending" business is Deion Sanders repeating what ODB told him about them "insinuating" it. Which, if it's true, OK, but (1) it's Deion, and (2) ODB isn't exactly a reliable source here. This is the NFL, not the Godfather. This all seems pretty far fetched.

Giants fans internet-wide today seem to be under the impression that anyone considers Norman to be a choir boy, which is really weird. For most of us, I imagine he crossed our radar when he got in a fight with Cam Newton in camp. I don't think anyone came away from that thinking Norman was innocent; just that ODB completely lost his cool. Y'all starting to sound like us Patriots fans with this defensiveness.

#254 MoreCowbell, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  15. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, he deserves to be suspended. But now we have video evidence of that practice squad player (which Deion mentioned) pointing the bat at Beckham as he comes on field and another video of him coming up to him with the bat while the team was stretching. Do you think he was coming for an autograph?

16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, but there is a huge swath of trash talk between niceties and this, which sounds like Deion is trying to build the dramatic tension in his ODB-Norman slash fic or trying to get a side gig as a WWE script writer:

#256 MoreCowbell, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  17. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Charlotte is WCW country.
    [​IMG]

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

The whole thing is just fucking stupid and takes away from the actual game. Beckham is good, we all know that. He doesn't need to be a shithead in the process. Same goes for Norman. Although IMO Norman at least tried to hold his cool to a low roar while Beckham just looked like a fucking tweeker, not only on the field but the sideline as well. Beckham absolutely should have been at the very least benched since it was very obvious the officials weren't going to do anything. I think Norman should have been fined and the suspension should hold.

In other news, I got 6 out of 8 in the bar pool and I had a matchup. If Miami (I learned a valuable lesson with this years pool, never ever make your picks while you have a buzz on) would have won I would have taken this week.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  20. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I don't know what the fuck I watched yesterday from the Packers but it sure as shit was not NFL football. I'm prepared for a Viking ass whooping and the loss of the division. Good times.