Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2016 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Highly unlikely, that organization is an absolute trainwreck. Similar to the Bears, the family is holding them back more than anything.

Also, I absolutely DESPISE him, but Aaron Rodgers is an absolute unreal talent. He is just a ruthless surgeon.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While they're cleaning house they should get rid of their locker room cancer. They're going to have a high draft pick - get a QB. It would be one thing if Kaepernick was a piece of shit and was actually good, but he's both a piece of (very childish) shit and doesn't play well.

MVP. Dude has been lights out, especially down the stretch. I don't get why people hate him. Favre, I'm with you. Rodgers? He's a bit buffoonish here or there, but acts respectfully with a few exceptions where he goes doofus, but that's really just being silly instead of offensive.

Since nobody quite stood out this year definitively the MVP award will go to a QB and I think it's between him, Ryan, and Brady. If Brady didn't miss 4 games it would probably be his. Ryan and Rodgers are close to even. With the way Rodgers turned that team around I think the tie breaker belongs to him, but I'm a packers fan.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Naw, he's a douche and always has been. The stories of how he treated Favre early on prove that it started before he became a star. I actually always liked Favre, even when he murdered my team. Dude was just a gamer. Rodgers is an asshole who's horrible to a lot of teammates and affiliated staff. Of course when he's playing like the best QB in the league by a mile, it gets overlooked, but you saw it all come to the surface when he was playing poorly earlier in the season. His own family even hates him. He's your QB, and an incredible one, but its not like people's dislike of him is unfounded or cause he's "goofy".

As for the MVP, I'd agree, but his ROUGH stretch midway that got them in this backs against the wall position, may hurt him. But I do think he has a better claim than Brady.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fuck is Rodgers doing? I've never seen him look this confused.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It looks like he's over his confusion.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Man, did that Miami at Pitt game suck or what? I actually changed the channel I was so bored.

Although losing Jordy Nelson stings, a lot, that game...well the second half of that game helped a little bit. I think the hit that knocked him out was a dirty one. On to Dallas. Dallas. That feels so weird to say.

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh, I was really rooting for New York because I don't think they could've beat Dallas 3 times in a year. Now that Rodgers is back to playing lights out compared to the game earlier this season, it's going to be much different than the 30-16 beatdown at Lambeau. Nelson being out helps. However; being optimistic, Dallas runs a gameplan perfectly set up to beat Green Bay: long sustained drives that keep their offense off the field and a heavy dosage of run, run, running the ball. Dallas 27-21

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All the wild card games sucked. That was one of the most lopsided playoff weekends ever, and they weren't entertaining blow outs either. I enjoyed the packers game because they're my team, but that was about it.

Nelson actually might be back for the game against Dallas. Looks like the injury isn't too serious.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, that was pretty shitty. Atlanta - Seattle should entertain you, though. It'll be close right up to the end, and then Falcons fans will go home, saying, "welp, that's what we thought." Line is ATL by 4 or 4.5, which given the home field advantage, that's practically even. Over-under is 51, I think, so after Atlanta drops a turd in the second half, it should end up Seattle 24, Atlanta 21. Ah, the joy of having a team built for the regular season.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't know, I thought the Green Bay game was pretty interesting.

The missed 4th and inches "why the fuck aren't you kicking it?" play, the interception and touchdown that followed, the Clay Matthews "play until the fucking whistle goes and get the fuck out of my way" one-man wrecking machine show... It was by no means a sure thing until the last part of the 4th quarter when you saw the Giants were just deflated.

11. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to ruin your day, but apparently, Atlanta has the 27th ranked run defense by DVOA as of 1/2/17.

Choo choo!

[​IMG]

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, not ruin your day, but that doesn't ruin my day. I already know they will lose. And, that's nothing. I've been a Falcons fan for over 40 years. There are PLENTY more ways for them to lose than stats like that. Their futility knows no limits. Like, you know their run defense is bad, but that won't be what does them in. Whatever their good at? That'll be what they fail at. So, if there's any stat with never in it? That will happen. Matt Ryan never throws interceptions on third and short. He'll do it twice on Saturday. The Falcons punt coverage team has never allowed a return for TD in three years. They'll give up one, plus another that almost goes.

Note: These are made up stats for illustration purposes.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That's why I hated Romo so much. He was astoundingly good at finding a way to lose. Like if there was a stat for "willing your team to a loss," he'd break records. I live in the heart of Cowboys country (all of Texas) and whenever I told a cowboys fan my standard line that "I cannot in good conscience root for a team with Romo as their QB" I got more acknowledging nods and fist bumps than anything else I have ever said or done in life.

Once Dak took over and Romo accepted the bench role, I started rooting for them. Haven't heart shit about jumping on the bandwagon from a single person. There are some people in life who just love misery, and are hell bent and determined to see everyone around them fail. Romo is one of those guys. I hope this is his last contract. Fuck him.

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cowboy fans who shit on Romo are not smart football fans. But enjoy Dak.

15. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Agreed. Romo is a good-but-not-great quarterback, never elite but definitely above average. And most certainly better than any backup QB in the NFL.

16. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Romo was borderline-elite for much of his career and was one of the most clutch quarterbacks in the NFL by virtually any measure. The Cowboys lucked into Dak and he looks like the long term solution, which is great, but Romo has done nothing but make that team better barring one stupid fumble forever ago.

17. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

In all fairness, it was a lot more than one botched "clutch" moment. I remember wanting to tear my hair out on multiple occasions watching a "win and your in" playoff scenario go to shit. He has/had this extremely annoying habit of playing borderline brilliantly until the last two minutes, where he'd intercept/fumble the game away, sometimes twice in that two minute span. It used to drive me crazy.

Still, he was borderline-elite at one point...I always put him firmly in he second tier of QBs(with Brady, P. Manning, Brees and Rodgers being the first tier).

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's see... I'm just poking around looking for these events to contextualize them.

2015, went 4 - 12
    2014, got into the playoffs
    2013, Orton played the last game of the season
    2012, they lost to the Redskins. The Cowboys defense gave up 21 points in the last 20 minutes of the game, 14 of those inside the last 5 minutes.
    2011, they lost by 17 points. Romo's sole interception came in the 3rd quarter.
    2010, went 6 - 10
    2009, got into the playoffs
    2008, they lost by 38 points
    2007, got into the playoffs
    2006, got into the playoffs

Help me out here. What I have seen repeatedly with Tony Romo is a shitty defense allowing yards and scores late in the game and Romo needing to play like a madman to catch up, which is a recipe for interceptions.

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Romo is fantastic, on paper.
    He's a much better quarterback than history will remember.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Romo sucks" has been the cry of fans who choose not to process anything beyond team is not winning --> blame the QB.

He's been well above average every year. Most of those years the team around has been awful. It's such a fitting end that the cowboys finally put a team together, he gets injured, and they hit the jackpot with Dak Prescott. Knowing Romo's luck he'll probably finish out his career with some loser franchise like the browns and get blamed for the next few years... again.

I kind of hope Prescott pulls a Robert Griffin and just flops. I hate the cowboys' annoying fan base and I can't stand that "America's team" bullshit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.