Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2016 Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[QUOTE="katokoch, post: 571068, member: 354"

There wasn't much coverage on this at all, but skeet shooter Kim Rhode got her sixth consecutive medal. She is the most successful female Olympic shooter of all time. It's an unbelievably tough competition (can hardly see the targets they go so fast) and she makes it look easy.[/QUOTE]

The only stories I've seen have all been negative pieces on America's gun culture. These people spend their lives training for this and somehow have to answer for criminals and madmen. Gross.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  3. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you wanna see cuteness tomorrow, watch the USA Netherlands women's volleyball match. Hotties on both sides of the net.

4. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like how they got extorted by the cops too. That shit is still vandalized and the cops made $50.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It really makes me sad that the Cubans didn't medal in canoeing.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They weren't used to using paddles.

IOC wouldn't let them use rafts.

They weren't used to daylight paddling.

#cubanolympics jokes

8. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Kelsey Robinson for the win. That girl is SMOKING.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's an exclusive interview coming up with Ryan Lochte. Presumably where he's going to explain himself. Mother of God.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the other swimmers is saying unreleased footage shows the people demanding money, presumably at gunpoint. I wrecked a scooter in Mexico on a trip and the owner demaned money on the spot for the scraped up plastic. The guy was definitely playing on the, tourist fears of Mexican authorities/jail card, with his tone and attitude. I was in the wrong so handed over a fair amount and left. It wouldnt surprise me if this type of element entered the situation. Acting like morons parcipitated the whole thing so Im not finding many fucks to give. It is gross how the media spun it as Ugly American White Privelage. I just roll my eyes.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did they say what time this will happen?

12. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That interview Matt Lauer did was terrible. He kept calling what happened a "negotiation" - like, if I'm trying to get a good deal on a car, and point a gun at the salesman, that's just part of our negotiation. Lochte screwed up, he admitted it, he apologized, and he was a total idiot. But, guns are not used in regular negotiations, Matt.

14. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

NBC just doing wonderful with their coverage. In the men's 5000m a US runner got silver and then was disqualified (later reinstated) because he stepped one foot off the track. NBC has the brilliant idea to tell him this during his post race interview while still not actually knowing what he was disqualified for (hadn't been released yet and they guessed it was for elbowing someone during the race).

From what I've heard the coverage isn't nearly as infuriating on the east coast because events are being shown live. But I have yet to watch a single event that I didn't already know who won. I haven't been actively trying to avoid seeing results so I'm sure it can be done. But overall it just seems like the whole thing has been a bit of a mess. I don't know if I'm not remembering other Olympics correctly but I don't think they were this bad.

15. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep, she is fucking money.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This gold medal game between the US and Serbia is a completely one sided ass whooping. A fitting end to what was a pretty damn good Olympic showing for the US. I think that's the first time any country has received 120+ medals. I know they keep adding events, but the last major expansion was '96 to '00.

#196 Kampf Trinker, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kipchoge won and it wasn't even close. But, Rupp's bronze was great. His second marathon ever, finished just a couple seconds over 2:10. Even though the WR for marathon is around 2:03, very few Olympic winners finish under 2:10. Considering the blistering pace Kipchoge did in the last 6 miles, Rupp should be pleased and be right there in 4 years.

That slippery surface for the finish was some bullshit and I hated seeing Meb fall at the end.

18. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Closing ceremonies... And it's apparently a giant Fruit of the Loom theme?

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched the closing ceremony on and off. It was ok. I feel like the last two hosts have been chasing Beijing, which was incredible.

20. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Comcast keeps fucking with me so I got to try to watch the closing ceremonies with SAP on, even though I didn't chose that and couldn't get it to stop. During the prime time coverage I got to watch the events with the hearing impaired dub on. Well played comcast, well played.