Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2016 Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Speedo dropped Ryan Lochte HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA these Olympics could not have had a happier ending.

His own stupidity buried him just like it was destined to.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sure he'll be crying himself to sleep on top of his accumulated endorsement millions while fucking a super model that is only slightly less hot because he doesn't have the Speedo endorsement.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lochte will piss away his money in a hurry. Once he's out of cash he's that guy who was great and people won't really remember him. Second greatest swimmer medal wise in US history, Phelps casts a huge shadow which lochte will fade under. I promise his fame will dissipate quickly.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You may be right, but I don't think so. Unlike Phelps, Lochte wants to still swim in the next Olympics. People love redemptions stories. Phelps came back from drug and DUI offenses. I think Lochte's mistakes will fade into silliness. You could replace Lochte / Phelps in your comment with Kobe / Jordan. Kobe came back from the rape incident, living in MJ's shadow and all that. No, most people don't put Kobe on par with MJ, but Kobe did alright. What Lochte was "guilty" of in most of his event was pretty much the same way he acted on his reality show, wasn't it? I think the part that most shamed him was how his "news" took away from the other Olympians' moments and how his story hurt his 3 teammates.

It's weird, as a casual viewer, I didn't even realize he was still swimming for Team USA until he showed up with that blue hair this year. So, even after he had plenty of opportunity to flame out over the last 4 years, he didn't. Olympians are a different breed, because of the absolute full commitment it takes to be that good. I don't think he's like, say Johnny Manziel, coasting along on a little flash-in-the-pan talent, and then flaming out. I think he can recover from the bad PR simply by keeping his head down, and he won't piss away all his money if he can keep himself dedicated to the pool.