Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017 NFL SEASON

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How is DAZN shitting the bed?

I am shocked that Cincy got shut out. I wasn't expecting much from Baltimore, because...well, it's Baltimore. But, holy shit that defense was amazing.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Constant buffering. Resolution of about 280p at 15 fps. Audio half the time. Constant 5-10 second historical replay as it finally gets enough in the buffer. So many retries that the app puts you out with a "too many devices connected" error.

Probably 20% of the time is plays as it should and is broadcast quality.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

At least the Packers game has now stabilized and is looking/sounding good...

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Far be it for me to complain about the officiating, but the refs have basically taken 14 points with some ticky tack bullshit.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, and one ejection. I'm happy GB is winning, but the officiating here is next level garbage.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep. You have the think/hope there's going to be some fallout from this.

8. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now why in the world would you think the NFL would keep the officials accountable for being terrible at their job? Is it a Canadian thing?

9. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

PS Jordy Nelson looks like an anorexic Aaron Hernandez.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I said "hope"...

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Annnnd blame it on the refs.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

One really nice thing about DAZN (when it works) is that I can enjoy me some Sunday Night Football streaming to the iPad at the fire pit while enjoying a cigar and a beverage or three.

Nice way to cap off the weekend.

image.jpg

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Green Bay fans shut the fuck up about the Fail Mary, I'll shut the fuck up about the Immaculate Ejection.

14. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nice that after week one, the 49ers are tied with the Seahawks and Cardinals for second place in the NFC West.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That Seahawks/Packers game was kind of awesome.

I mean, if you like defense and punting. Both sides were absolutely swarming the line of scrimmage.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shocks from week one: Baltimore's defense looked absolutely terrifying. I mean, Andy Dalton is the definition of "meh" for qb's, but their RB panel is not a joke, and AJ Green is one of the league's best. Of all the offenses that could have been shut out week 1, Cincy wouldn't have been my pick. Flacco might take the cake for least effective & highest paid, but wow...

I'm a GB fan, and I seriously don't think we should have won that game. At a minimum, we were given a major bump from the ref's. Lane's ejection was bullshit, as was the "block in the back" against Rogers. But yeah, the defense on both sides was actually fun to watch.

ESPN still will not shut the fuck up about Dallas. That game looked sloppy, and Manning looked confused, like he was the retarded kid on the first day of school and his mom dropped him off at the normal kid's school. The Giants still scare me as a low-key contender.

The fucking RAMS dropped 40? Holy SHIT! I mean, it was against the Colts, but still. God the Colts are going to suck this year.

I think Houston has an outside chance of pulling a 2009 Saints Team of Destiny this season or next. This game was a bag of sad diarrhea, (and holy fuck, the JAGS!), but BoB is a good coach, Watt's back, and Watson will adjust to the game's speed soon. It wouldn't surprise me if they picked up a vet QB to mentor Watson along the way (they had to have at least texted Romo a question mark and a smiley emoji).

Meanwhile, we're all gloating about the Pats getting a rare smackdown, but no one's winning a Super Bowl until Tom Brady dies and Belichick can't use his necromancer powers to resurrect him.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was very surprised at how much Rodgers got sacked. It was also kind of fun watching Pete Carroll lose his mind on the sidelines with some of those bad calls.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Pete does that every game. Just like he smacks his gum and likes to stroll around the field rather than the sideline.

The ejection was bullshit. Bad officials, bad calls, no calls...that happens in any venue, anywhere. It seems to get a bit worse each season rather than going the other way. Which is concerning and effects the integrity of the game. Also, I wish Goodell would just go the fuck away. How much longer does everyone have to put up with his bullshit? GO AWAY YOU FUCKNUGGET.

PS GO PACKERS!

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Until he stops making a shit ton of money for the owners, who hired him and pay his salary. Which of the things he's done that make you despise him are also despised by the owners? So, not any time soon.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I suppose you're leaving because you think this is a white supremacy site or something, but for the record, you were the only person who kept bringing that up.