Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017 NFL SEASON

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Aug 9, 2017.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Not that it makes any difference since he's stomped off in a huff which resulted an a year ban but, I did just bring it up last week. See page 1.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fine. Shegirl is still salty about it. Do you that you ASIAN, you? Go back to Mongolia.

3. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

On one hand, Bradford actually had protection and threw the ball down the field. On the other hand, it was against the Saints defense, which is a little like throwing against a high school team.

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Bradford's out with a sore knee. Typical Vikings things. He starts 15 games last year behind the worst line in the league, getting destroyed every other snap, no problem. 1st game this year he only gets hit 3 times behind a new line that actually blocked for him and he's out injured week two.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How did Mike Vick get a job as a commentator? He sounds like a drunk Virginian doing an "Omar from the wire" impression.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Rodgers knows the season started right?

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I kind of figured Green Bay was going to lose in the home opener of a new stadium. That score was far closer than the game would indicate. And Martellus Bennett couldn't catch SHIT the first half...typical Pats cast off.

It was glorious to watch the wheels fall of Dallas, after a full offseason of ESPN polishing the cocks of Elliott & Prescott.

The LA Rams game was as vacant as a cow's stare. Seriously, that stadium was fucking empty, and had that been a home Redskins game, it would have been damn near sold out. I didn't see the Charger's game...were they any better?

And I'm loving the defensive battles this week. 3-9, 13-9, 9-12 scores abound.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure Dallas played that bad, just Denver played that good. Their defense is absolutely incredible, and Seimian is looking like a diamond in the rough.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm referring to Elliott being thrown under the bus and the hype surrounding their worst loss as players.

I think Dallas is a good team, for sure. But Zeke & Dak are 2nd year players due for a correction, and all their hype will likely be toxic to the locker room when things get rough. They've got the Cards & Rams next, and for what it's worth the Rams defense will not be a pushover, then they host Green Bay. It's possible they will emerge from that 3 game stretch with a 2-3 record. I see Dak returning to the mean, and Zeke having a more average performance, and given their expectations it will feel like an implosion.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

That game was terrible. I think in just two games he's been hit more than any season yet thus far. And in typical Packers fashion they are already riddled with injuries to key players. GOD DAMMIT.

Also, to anyone else that was fucking pissed to find they had NO RED ZONE, apparently it was a mass outage. Well, that explains their phones being all fuckered up when I called to bitch yesterday. I have a love hate relationship with Direct TV, most of the time I hate them.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When they work on the next CBA, and the players ask for things like fewer preseason games, and removing the five-year option from rookie contracts, I hope to God somebody eliminates those stupid, horrible, offensive color block uniforms for Thursday games. Gag.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

I'm fine with them as long as my team's not wearing them.

13. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RE: Denver @ Buffalo

It's been longer than 4 hours, should I go see a doctor?

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit that Vikes-Bucs game was a bloodbath for Tampa. They were already down 6 starters and lost Spence, David, and Ward with Smith, Hargreaves, and McCoy also missing multiple snaps for issues.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good to see them get the win, but beating the bengals should not have been that hard.

16. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

17. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

100%agree. Dalton did have one of his best games (that I've seen, for him) though.
    All in all the games this week were leaps and bounds better than last week. Also, I think Trump has pissed off just about the entire NFL.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know I've said it before, but I'm baffled as to why ESPN continues to push that worthless QBR stat. Alex smith has completed 77%+ of his passes, is throwing for 9.2 yards per attempt (really, really good) and has 7 TDs with no interceptions. His QBR however is 51.7. Basically right at average. That makes zero sense.

Anyway, this is a great start to the bears/packers game.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Is Glennon really this bad? I haven't seen much of him play with the exception of this game so someone explain to me why he isn't a steaming pile of bear shit?

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No idea. Just put in Trubisky. What did they give up half their draft picks for?