Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2021 Dead Pool

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Kubla Kahn, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone on Twitter just confused "obit" with "op-ed" and now I'm chuckling thinking of the idea of opening a paper and reading "In my opinion, Rush Limbaugh is dead."

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So... is Bam dead or what? I can’t find any article that says so... only news that the stars of JackAss are reaching out.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Let’s all remember and celebrate him for what he truly was: a pro-lifer, a complete homophobe, the worlds shittiest interior designer and a fucking junkie. Those are facts. Put it on his tombstone.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Probably not. They just probably watched his meltdown after being fired and are worried he’ll kill himself. He says he’s going to kill himself constantly, that why he’s my #1 draft pick for 2021.

That, and, well.....look at him.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He looked identical to his dad. Is his dad still alive?

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think he looks more like Uncle Vito who is not alive.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember reading that story he got picked up for assaulting some girl. Some random girl fan wanted a picture with him on his rascal and he was drunk and groped her. The story was the most Uncle Vito story there could ever be. The Jackass era of MTV was another era of my childhood. That 13-17 year old awkward rebellious phase. TRL was the last gasp Musical show on a channel created for Music.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They should dig up Ryan Dunn’s corpse and put it in Bam’s bed with him while he’s sleeping. That would make Jackass 4 worth watching.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m Ryan Dunn, and this is “Killing Your Friend While Driving Drunk.”

10. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Truth be told, I know there was some good in what he did. He put up some serious money towards cancer charities (decades before his diagnosis), and he preached a handful of things that were and still are really worthwhile, chief amongst them being that people need to rely more on themselves, family, and friends, and far less on the government, which is good all-purpose advice.

Problem is, it was buried in the hate, promotion of said hate, justification of said hate, and the ever-growing pile of half-truths and absolute horseshit he dealt in over the years. I'm not American, so I can't really speak to the effect he had on his countrymen. But I grew up in a small town where coming out of the closet might very well get you killed (born 1985 for reference), and there were more than a few shades of Rush mixed in with the cowardly fucks who would lay filthy beatings on any fag or homo that dared exist in their path.

So yeah, I don't know that he was the devil incarnate here, but I sure as shit aint' gonna shed any tears over his death, nor will I speak kindly of his corpse. Fuck him.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was a pre-cursor to the media issue of "there are no rewards for being sane/moderate to an audience."

He had some good, valid and reasonable points. He also celebrated when someone died of AIDS. Guess what he's remembered for?

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My view on Rush Limbaugh was that, like Alex Jones, half of it was pure performance. He knew exactly what buttons to push to get people riled up and he pushed them hard and often. The few times I listened to him, I thought some of his stuff was pretty funny. His politics were just too far to the right for my liking in general, though.

13. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had to listen to him when I was with a couple of co-workers, in their cars. I remember when he blamed the fact that some dude fucked a corpse on the Obama economy, said people couldn't afford date so they fuck the dead. People from both sides of politics, I think, took him way too literal. He was, first and foremost, grasping for listeners, just like every other person on the radio.

If you think Rush really thought a guy fucked a corpse because of a sluggish economy during a Democrat presidency, I think you're delusional and part of the problem with the way Americans interact with each other when it comes to politics.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Both Bob Dole and Jeanette Lee both have stage 4 cancer. Im guessing Dole is on some betting pools he is 127. I honestly didnt know he was still alive. I have to give it to his greatest generation fighting spirit. He started chemo and he's 97. A frail looking 97. Crazy.

Jeanette Lee, The Black Widow, probably the biggest pool star in the past 30 years. Has to start a gofundme to help pay her kids' college. Lets you know how much professional pool players get payed.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She’s one of very few I know by name, largely based on how hot she is. That’s very sad.

Dole is as hard as nails, and the greatest Conan O’Brien guest ever.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He was probably to most grizzled-looking man ever. He looked 90 years old when he was in his 40’s. A truly truly sweet man though, I’ve met him before and he was ALWAYS smiling.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

An absolutely tremendous fighter, one I watched many times.Regardless of the official decision, he won that last fight against Leonard. That fight ruined Leonard’s reputation with many boxing fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.