Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2023 MLB

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rush-O-Matic, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Going to NYC in late September and my wife just got us some Mets tickets (they’re playing Philly). Don’t really follow baseball but I love watching baseball games in person and we love the atmosphere in the stadiums.

anything I should know in particular about the Mets to citi field? As a cowboys fan I already know that Philly sucks

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Make sure that you repeatedly bring up the fact that having, by far, the largest payroll in all of MLB is a great way to find yourself 4th in your own division.

Oh, and that nothing of note has happened since '86 for them. They really love being reminded of that.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Subway stop puts you out right at the stadium. Like, you walk off the train and you're walking in the stadium, which is nice.

There should be plenty of good seats. The Mets suck. (They just traded Scherzer to the Rangers. He is the first player in MLB history that will have three different teams paying him $15million+ in the same year. Washington, NYM, Texas)

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

yeah we're section 114, row 5, right by first base behind the net. It was like $300 and change for two seats

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Watched Ohtani play in Toronto today. Game was slow, but the new stadium renovations are great. Refurbishing the Skydome instead of building an entirely new park was the right move.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And, now he's on MLB restricted list for alcohol abuse. Good grief. I hope he gets the help he needs.

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really dumb question but what is the best way to purchase Cubs tickets? Going to do a Chicago/Michigan trip next month and want to catch a Cubs/Giants game.

TIA

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Download the MLB Ballpark App, if you don't already have it. Buy through there. Safe, secure, decent pricing, tickets load right onto your phone. You're probably buying a season ticket holder's seats who posted them. (MLB used to partner with StubHub but now uses SeatGeek.)

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a big baseball fan, but Acuna Jr. is having himself a year for the Braves.First player in history to hit 30 home runs and steal 60 bases in a single season.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That 30th homer he hit last night was a grand slam, too, to help the Braves beat the Dodgers.

In Colorado, 2 idiot fans ran out on the field to try and get a hug and a selfie with Acuña. The Rockies "security" was pretty terrible. Afterwards, Acuña sort of laughed it off, and said he hoped they were okay.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It looks like Matt Olson is going to break the Braves team record for single season home runs. (He has 50, right behind Andruw Jones' 51.) Olson is the Braves nominee for the Clemente Award this year. I love seeing all the winners of this award, because it's nice to see athletes give back and use their dollars and star power to do good work. But, this story explaining why Olson is the nominee is just wonderful.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/matt-olson-reece-blankenship-friendship

The 9-minute video at the top of the page pretty much repeats the whole article. But, if you just watch the video, make sure you read the full answers from Reece at the bottom of the article. If you've got any autistic people like Reece in your life, it's a bit overwhelming to read.

14. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Matt Olson, ex Oakland Athletic. You are welcome.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks! I have quite enjoyed his on the field work, too!

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He currently has 39 HR and 68 SB with 9 games to go. And, it's supposed to be raining in DC tomorrow and Sunday. Should be interesting if they get those games in or not.

He is the third player in MLB history to have 200+ hits, 140+ runs scored, 100+ RBI, and 50+ SB in a single season. The other two are Hughie Jennings in 1895 and Ty Cobb in 1911. He and the Braves are having an historic offensive season. It's crazy, and I'm going to be sooo disappointed if they can't cash in to win the World Series.

The final Wildcard spots in the NL should be a fun, too. Several teams battling that out. The AL playoff teams are settled, but the order of West winner vs Wildcard spot is still up for grabs. Kinda crazy that the Texas Rangers started the season 40-20 and looked like a sure-fire behemoth, and now they're in the final Wildcard spot.

17. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watch playoff baseball and pull for the Braves when they make it in. Here's hoping they win it all this year.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a finish in the Braves game! Acuña got a hit to drive in the tying run in the bottom of the 10th, stole second to become the first and only member of the 40 / 70 club and move in scoring position. Then Albies got a hit to score Acuña on a bang-bang play at home for the walk off. I love baseball!

19. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Curt Schilling being a massive piece of shit again.